Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Dean stepping down at UWG

Wow! Effective at the end of the month. Another HC opening in the GSC is coming.

UWG’s David Dean Stepping Down After Successful Tenure in Football Program - UWG Wolves | Athletic Programs | Official Athletics Site (uwgathletics.com)

From D1.ticker:

West Georgia (DII) will be moving up to FCS with a new HC as David Dean has stepped down after leading the football program since 2017.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Nope. We are out. Elevating Divisions and coaching staff.

Comment

Not shocked he seems to love D2!! Didn’t seem to enjoy coaching D1 after he left Valdosta and came back to West Georgia

Comment

Rumor mill says he wasn't included in any of the D1 discussion concerning budget, scholarships, or recruiting. Either this was a planned move, or he resigned out of protest.

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
            Not shocked he seems to love D2!! Didn’t seem to enjoy coaching D1 after he left Valdosta and came back to West Georgia
            Well, to be fair, he was fired after one season at GA Southern along with his offensive co-coordinator counterpart. So, I’m sure that wasn’t too enjoyable.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
              That wasn't his choice. He got relieved of play-calling duties during the season and then was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Well, to be fair, he was fired after one season at GA Southern along with his offensive co-coordinator counterpart. So, I’m sure that wasn’t too enjoyable.
                He got in a buzz saw in Ga Southern. You can's have co-offensive coordinators and be successful.

#BlazerNation

Comment

He probably has enough hours in the state university retirement system to retire. AND you get to retire at your highest salary. (Ga. Southern)

#BlazerNation

Comment

David Dean did a good job stabilizing a football program at West Georgia that President Kyle Marrero pumped and ran back into the ground. Dean didn’t build on his own success at UWG amongst moving up. Moving up would have never been Dean’s forte’. Dean never got a fire started or better when coming off a good season.
                    Last edited by Will Call; 11-13-2023, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Interesting;
                      https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...PqnID4g3-7vkgg

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
                        Nope. We are out. Elevating Divisions and coaching staff.
                        ?

Comment

Originally posted by Werecowmoo View Post
                          Rumor mill says he wasn't included in any of the D1 discussion concerning budget, scholarships, or recruiting. Either this was a planned move, or he resigned out of protest.
                          My understanding was his disinterest in going back to D1 was well known in the AOB. He wasn't pushed out by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post

My understanding was his disinterest in going back to D1 was well known in the AOB. He wasn't pushed out by any means.
                            D1/FCS is one thing but the transition years are the issue. I was hoping he’d stay and help the Wolves through it like Whitten at Tarleton. I wish him the best but maybe he just wasn’t up for the task. Going in with a new staff will make it even tougher.

But, ya never know, they may find some younger guy with a lot of enthusiasm. The new staff will need to hit the portal hard. The UAC is no joke. Massey has had the conference ranked 3rd in FCS all season.

I’m wondering if they’ll try to hire away a D2 coach that wants to be in FCS or if they’ll hire an FBS assistant like many FCS programs do. Whoever it is needs to be able to recruit GA and FL hard core.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

D1/FCS is one thing but the transition years are the issue. I was hoping he’d stay and help the Wolves through it like Whitten at Tarleton. I wish him the best but maybe he just wasn’t up for the task. Going in with a new staff will make it even tougher.

But, ya never know, they may find some younger guy with a lot of enthusiasm. The new staff will need to hit the portal hard. The UAC is no joke. Massey has had the conference ranked 3rd in FCS all season.

I’m wondering if they’ll try to hire away a D2 coach that wants to be in FCS or if they’ll hire an FBS assistant like many FCS programs do. Whoever it is needs to be able to recruit GA and FL hard core.
                              Will Hall is very likely going to be available.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X