Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Southern to make head coaching change

I wonder if Coach Tremaine Jackson would be in the mix here. He played at Texas Southern and has roots in the area. I hope not!

https://footballscoop.com/news/texas...oaching-change

Let’s hope not for Blazer fans. A new coach can be exciting but you never know what you are going to get. But let’s hope he stays plus DSU likes playing him.

Comment

Originally posted by vsuman View Post
      I wonder if Coach Tremaine Jackson would be in the mix here. He played at Texas Southern and has roots in the area. I hope not!

https://footballscoop.com/news/texas...oaching-change
      Elevating to an FCS school, and it's his alma mater, that would be pretty cool for him. That said, I think he has a good thing going at Valdosta. A young QB and a stable program. He can definitely wait for better offers, if he's interested in moving up.
      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Elevating to an FCS school, and it's his alma mater, that would be pretty cool for him. That said, I think he has a good thing going at Valdosta. A young QB and a stable program. He can definitely wait for better offers, if he's interested in moving up.
        Probably being an Alum, and the pay raise wouldn't enter into his consideration.

Comment

He’s mentioned in this Texas football blog. It’s behind a paywall, though.
          A successful Texas high school head school coach, Jason Todd, a current SWAC coach, Tony Hull, and a current NCAA Division II head coach, Tremaine Jackson, are among the candidates who could become the next head coach at Texas Southern.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

A source with knowledge of the search indicated that Texas Southern has focused on former HBCU coach and current Tennessee running backs coach Jerry Mack, Benedict coach Chennis Berry, Valdosta State coach Tremaine Jackson and Alcorn State coach Fred McNair.
            ​​​​​​….
            The school, the source said, “is high” on Jackson, who led Valdosta State to a 12-2 record and Division II postseason quarterfinal appearance this past season.
            Texas Southern has narrowed the search for its next football coach to four candidates and hopes to fill the position before the end of December, sources told
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I wonder if Dean would return to Valdosta if Jackson is hired at Texas Southern?
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                I wonder if Dean would return to Valdosta if Jackson is hired at Texas Southern?
                Don’t give Valdosta any ideas!
                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                  Don’t give Valdosta any ideas!
                  I wonder if he would be asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

I wonder if he would be asked.
                    Good question. Possibly with our current AD retiring, it's a possibility. I like the direction our program is going with the current staff though. Maybe he'll stay. I wonder how many we'll lose in the portal?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X