Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenoir-Rhyne at Valdosta State

Saturday, December 2, 1:00pm

5 years ago in 2018, VSU played a quarterfinal game against L-R.

This year, we have made it to the quarterfinals once again. And again playing L-R. We have the same kind of team....tough, confident, setting out to prove the nay-sayers wrong.
    They are an amazing team.

Let's go!
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 11-27-2023, 12:44 PM.

#BlazerNation

GO BLAZERS

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
      Saturday, December 2, 1:00pm

5 years ago in 2018, VSU played a quarterfinal game against L-R.

This year, we have made it to the quarterfinals once again. And again playing L-R. We have the same kind of team....tough, confident, setting out to prove the nay-sayers wrong.
      They are an amazing team.

Let's go!
      Yeah, they're a good team, better than we've grown accustomed to seeing from the SAC, so I hope our guys are dialed in from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Yeah, they're a good team, better than we've grown accustomed to seeing from the SAC, so I hope our guys are dialed in from the start.
        L-R is always tough!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

2014 LR played Valdosta and lost 23-21. Still have nightmares about that game. We were ranked #2 in the country and had everyone back from our national championship game except the most important person our head coach. Houston left for Citidel. Long story short we had almost five hundred yards of offense over 400 rushing. We had thrown maybe 8 passes all year. Our num nuts coach decided to start calling pass plays and we had three interceptions that killed deep drives. One on 2nd an goal from the three yard line. We also went for it on fourth and four from Valdosta 17 with an all American fg kicker. I think Valdosta had around 230 total yards. To this day I believe we had the best team in the country that year just didn’t have coach Houston or one with a brain calling plays.

Comment

I sure hope Valdosta doesn’t play there music so loud like last time we were there. Literally was way over the top loud. Maybe you could get them to tone it down some Blazer Lady. We still shoot those streamers cannons at our games in case you remember. I was also wondering if you still made the home made cookies. Rumor has it you give them to the refs before the game to kinda sweeten them up a little.
            Last edited by Bearhof; 11-29-2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              I sure hope Valdosta doesn’t play there music so loud like last time we were there. Literally was way over the top loud. Maybe you could get them to tone it down some Blazer Lady. We still shoot those streamers cannons at our games in case you remember. I was also wondering if you still made the home made cookies. Rumor has it you give them to the refs before the game to kinda sweeten them up a little.
              Lol....I have no say in who runs the jumbotron......must agree though, it does get loud sometimes. I do think they should let the Blazin Brigade play more. They are really good.
              Rumors. Rumors........

#BlazerNation

Comment

I sure hope Valdosta doesn’t play there music so loud like last time we were there. Literally was way over the top loud. Maybe you could get them to tone it down some Blazer Lady.
                It's quite common for the volume being pumped up at big time college football games, especially at the major Division 1 schools to hype up the large crowds. It's done at Florida State, University of Georgia, Clemson, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech (Enter Sandman), ECU (Purple Haze) University of Washington, (Purple Reign) NC State (BOOM!), Auburn University (Welcome To The Jungle), etc, etc. If you find the music to loud for your preference, easy solution = inexpensive ear plugs. Or, what I had to do at a Mississippi State game (more cowbell!!) Use Kleenex, paper towels, what ever I could find.
                ​​​
                Last edited by Eagle74; 11-29-2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I went to a high school game recently with Norcross hosting Buford. Lot of D1 talent on the field. That place had a sound system that rivaled Georgia Southern, which was the best I've heard outside of major college programs.

Comment

More and more schools pride themselves on the quality of their football stadium soundsystems. A while back I remember going to a D2 game, and it sounded like they were using cheap transistor radio grade speakers. It was very annoying to try and listen to the music.

Comment

LR has a great sound system now and is loud appropriately but when I was down there before it was way too loud to enjoy the game. Maybe that is why there attendance is so low. Any way I will be taking ear plugs and a rain suit. We might be there awhile if it storms.

Comment

LR has a great sound system now and is loud appropriately but when I was down there before it was way too loud to enjoy the game. Maybe that is why there attendance is so low. Any way I will be taking ear plugs and a rain suit. We might be there awhile if it storms.
                        Weather Channel dropped the rain chances 10% from yesterday to today. Fingers crossed.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Been to both LR and VSU and found the soundsystem at LR to be fairly good, however the music was a bit dated. I like VSU's base and pump up selections, never were too loud. I like LR's new stadium and updated facilities (soap now provided in the restroom) but the area still has the faint underlined smell of mildew. Takes a little while to get used to, but after a while, you no longer smell it. Not sure of the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                            Been to both LR and VSU and found the soundsystem at LR to be fairly good, however the music was a bit dated. I like VSU's base and pump up selections, never were too loud. I like LR's new stadium and updated facilities (soap now provided in the restroom) but the area still has the faint underlined smell of mildew. Takes a little while to get used to, but after a while, you no longer smell it. Not sure of the source.
                            Might have been the shirt you were wearing. Or you didn’t wash your hands good enough after using the toilet. Good luck on finding a new coach at CN. That is if you are a CN fan or alumni there Mr. Eagle.

Comment

LOL, been there on more than once, with the same strange stinch in the air when we arrived. To be fair, it could be coming from some business or industrial plant in the area. Just a consistent observation. The restrooms have been updated, which is a big improvement from the past.

Since you're asking posters about feedback on the football stadium $$$ improvement, it looks pretty good. Overall I would now rank the football stadium in the top 3 in the SAC for its D2 football game day atmosphere / experience. Well done.

The search for a new Eagle's Head Coach is exciting, which could right the ship, and again move CN back towards the top of the SAC. Again, exciting times. I understand that Coach George Quarles (former ETSU head coach) may be in the running. When the dust settles, don't be surprised who ends up being selected. ;)
                              Last edited by Eagle74; 11-30-2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X