Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is the first week of that once a year stretch that I have to pull for another GSC school without it helping the Tigers. It’s…gonna…be…difficult!

What time does the state liquor store close?

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
      Tomorrow is the first week of that once a year stretch that I have to pull for another GSC school without it helping the Tigers. It’s…gonna…be…difficult!

LOL

#BlazerNation

Comment

I’m hopeful the football gods only bless the state of Georgia once tomorrow and that blessing is in the 1pm time slot!

Comment

To paraphrase an old Chicago saying "Buy, early, buy often"
          Last edited by Larold; 12-01-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I’m hopeful the football gods only bless the state of Georgia once tomorrow and that blessing is in the 1pm time slot!
            Pretty sure HE will be called on across two states more than a few times come Saturday night.

Comment

Not taking any chances this week. Cookies at the tailgate tomorrow!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                Not taking any chances this week. Cookies at the tailgate tomorrow!!
                Oh no the Cookie Monster is in play. Come on Blazer Lady give us a chance.

Comment

Go GSC…. Congratulations to the Blazers…..you will represent R2 very well.

Comment

Wake up, BlazerNation..........It's GAME DAY!!!!!

Goooooooo..............B L A Z E R S ! ! !

#BlazerNation

Comment

VSU Notes:
                      https://vstateblazers.com/news/2023/...-saturday.aspx

Kit does a good job writing the Game Day notes every week. This one is really good!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                        I sure hope Valdosta doesn’t play there music so loud like last time we were there. Literally was way over the top loud. Maybe you could get them to tone it down some Blazer Lady.
                        I spent many years shooting picture at VSU’s games. Much of that time was spent in the end zone by those speakers. Wore hearing protection (which helps but doesn’t alleviate because the volume pretty much rattles your bones).

The VSU cheerleaders are stationed under the “jumbotron”. Again, unbelievably loud. They’ll probably all have hearing aids by the time they’re 40.

The game? I think the weather favors L-R and their running game. 78% chance of rain at game time but should be clearing out early on. Hopefully that allows VSU to do what they do well.

I was at the game at L-R in 2014. Atmosphere in that small stadium was hostile and impressive. Our QB separated his shoulder early and we finished with our back up QB (Kaleb Nobles who’s now the HC at West Florida). In spite of all the conversation about L-R passing the ball they had 424 yards rushing in the game (running the ball on 80% of their offensive plays). The challenge is that of the 17 passes 3 were interceptions. L-R also lost 2 fumbles. Hard to win giving away the ball. Was glad to leave town with a victory.

2018 was a different story. Was a lot of angst among our coaching staff over how to stop the running game of L-R. Danny Verpeale (our DC at the time) and his guys put together a great game plan. VSU was leading 34-7 at the half and I felt like the Bear players had hung it up before half time. Final score was 61-21.

I think today’s game will look a whole lot different than that.

We’ll see soon enough.
                        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-02-2023, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I’m only watching LiveStats but the Bears seem to have all the early momentum.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Bears up 14-0.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

What is going on? I just tuned in!!!!

Comment

We have turned the ball over three times and can’t stop the run.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X