Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godspeed, BlazerLady

We've lost BlazerLady. I have no details other than she was found deceased in her home this weekend. She was the best.
    Georgia Military College Class of '96
    Valdosta State University Class of '98
    The University of Georgia (grad school) Class of '04

Indeed, she was the best. I'm very sorry to hear the sad news. Rest in peace BlazerLady. Blessings to her family.

​​​​​​

Comment

Oh no! She sent me chocolate chip cookies and a Valdosta State cap for my collection. Terrible news!

Comment

I went to her Facebook site- she had sent me a message a few weeks ago telling me that she planned on retiring at the end of the semester.

Thanks for sharing this news with us. She was so important on this site.

Comment

Hearts and prayers to her family and friends 🙏🏻

We lost a fine lady.

Comment

This is so sad. She will be missed.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Condolences to her family, friends and blazer nation. She was nothing but class on this site.

Comment

Oh Jan....we will miss you so much. Thank you for all the support you gave all of our schools. May God Bless you with a safe journey to his Kingdom.

Comment

I’m shocked and truly saddened to hear this.

Jan was one of the best parts of this community here on the board and in person for her Blazers! She alway spoke so highly of her tailgating group in Valdosta and I had I never got the chance to visit for one.

I had the pleasure of meeting her for a brief pre-game hug back in 2012 when she came to a football game in Florence. She even brought me cookies! The absolute best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever eaten.

I was friends with her on Facebook for years and just looked back at our last messages. It was her checking on me while offering kind words and prayers for my ailing grandmother before she passed on Christmas morning.

We’ll miss you BlazerLady!!! ❤️
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'm at a loss for words and totally shocked. She was "all in" with everything VSU and Blazer athletics. She will be greatly missed at VSU games and events. RIP BlazerLady!

Comment

I was looking forward to meeting her. Sad face. Rest in peace Jan.

Comment

Would someone post the obituary when it is published?

She truly was a kind and helpful person to this list and was happy to always support people on the list.

Comment

I never knew her personally, but she was always a tremendous ambassador for Valdosta State and a class act on this message board. She will certainly be missed.

My sincere condolences to Blazer Nation.

Comment

I’ve been struggling with this news today. She was so special.

One of her last posts on Facebook:

“Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.” —Hebrews 11:1, NLT

Originally posted by UNALions
                            I hope she wouldn’t mind. Jan was beautiful, smart, and a woman of faith. She was a professor of mathematics at VSU and just retired.

I can’t imagine a more die-hard supporter of her D2 university than BlazerLady.
                            Janice Lowe - User Profile at Valdosta State University
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I contacted her cousin on Facebook.

The funeral home is Maxwell-Purvis in Quitman GA. The obituary is not up yet but should be soon. Funeral is this Saturday at 11:00 am with visitation at 10:00 am.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X