Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rumor mill is running like crazy. Fake news is alive and well on here.

Comment

Qb Peevy I heard never intended on coming here.

Comment

And......who mentioned QB Peevy???

Comment

Carter Peevy Retweeted
          Dec 13

More
          "New Mercer football coach Drew Cronic lured one of his Lenoir-Rhyne commitments to his new school. Congrats to Archer QB @PeevyCarter #GwinnettFB"

Comment

The school can simply deny the release and then any player wanting to transfer would be ineligible to play and receive a scholarship for 1 year while they attended Mercer to establish a year of residency. Not very many players are going to sit a year and pay their own way to transfer

Comment

Bob Bodine, current interim coach, and former OC has not left and is in the mix. All other candidates would come from outside.

Comment

Other than Bodine, any other rumor mill on candidates?

Comment

Comment

As in sales it's their book of business. If I leave my firm for a better opportunity I am definitely taking my hard earned accounts with me.

Comment

I never criticize student athletes who try to better themselves or situation (financially) by transferring, especially when they have an opportunity to transfer up a division, where scholarship come into play. Also, first and foremost, coaching is a performance based job, so when opportunities present themselves to give your team a better opportunity to win, it's what they should do. This isn't about loyalty, it's just plain common sense.

Based on what's developed so far, I believe other schools, especially other D2 coaches are presently reviewing LR's roster in evaluating potential talent that they can possibly utilize in transfer offers. We could see other announcements coming up soon, especially since the coaching position remains open.

Comment

Kerwin Bell sighting today in Hickory....developing

Comment

Well just so you know you have to be released by your school to transfer to the school your coach left for.

Comment

And how does that apply to recruits?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Steiner View Post
                              And how does that apply to recruits?
                              It doesn't at all. Until a letter is signed no decision of a student athlete is final.

Comment

Why would any school really want to impede the potential success and happiness of a student athlete's desire to look at a different opportunity of transferring to another school, especially when the student athlete has the opportunity of being granted a full scholarship verses a partial scholarship?

My ole Bud down at UNCP reminded me yesterday that when Coach Shinnich left for UWF (and had players that followed him there) the school did not try and interfere with those decisions, to the contrary, the school and Braves fans wished both Coach Shinnick success, along with the former player or players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X