Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of names floating around. One that intrigues me is the OC at Marshall, Tim Clamey. He designed U of Houston's triple 3 years ago and Holiday brought him to Huntington last year to revamp their O. Don't know if he's been interviewed yet but he's on her list.
    Da Bears

Comment

• Comment

• If Kerwin Bell was actively in talks to be the head coach at LR, I think it would be doubtful that his son and another assistant that were with him at VSU and USF would have just taken jobs at Tusculum. One would think they would stick with the horse they have been riding. Anything is possible in college sports though.

Comment

• My thoughts when I saw that about Tusculum. Don't doubt they might have been talking to Kerwin but he might have said I want this and they said we can only pay you this, or he might want to keep the current OC and did not have enough $$ to pay more assistants, we will see. Also about recruits going to Mercer, I have no problems with it since most of them want to play for Cronic and really don't care where it is at. When Houston left it was after signing day and he went to a military academy so that might have been why guys didn't switch. I think most of the current players will not make any decisions until they see who the new coach is going to be and also what system he will be running. Wish we had some information on who the new coach will be but we will know something soon enough.

Comment

• Kerwin Bell and Coach Odom played together at Florida. His son is reported to be the new OC at Tusculum.

Comment

• Rules are in place to prevent a devastating departure of athletes.

Comment

• Well, in most cases, a school wouldn't impede the wishes of student athletes and their parents decision to possibly better their situation by transferring to another school which may offer more potential playing time, a better fit for their skills, along with a much better financial opportunity. I know that Coach Sparks never tried to prevent a player from potentially bettering themselves by deciding to transfer (even though it rarely happened).

During this important recruiting time, I would highly suggest that any potential recruit and their parents or guardian simply ask, (and request in writing) what the prospective school's transfer policy is just in case thing didn't work out as planned. I would really consider the school's response as part of the recruiting process's decision as compared to other opportunities before fully committing and signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  Well, in most cases, a school wouldn't impede the wishes of student athletes and their parents decision to possibly better their situation by transferring to another school which may offer more potential playing time, a better fit for their skills, along with a much better financial opportunity. I know that Coach Sparks never tried to prevent a player from potentially bettering themselves by deciding to transfer (even though it rarely happened).

During this important recruiting time, I would highly suggest that any potential recruit and their parents or guardian simply ask, (and request in writing) what the prospective school's transfer policy is just in case thing didn't work out as planned. I would really consider the school's response as part of the recruiting process's decision as compared to other opportunities before fully committing and signing.

Comment

• Any one want to guess who the new coach is or will be and why?

Comment

• Lenoir Rhyne has announced we have hired Mark Jacobs, Head Coach from Notre Dame (OH) as our new HC. This is an AWESOME hire, from someone coming off of two deep playoff runs. Expecting big things.

Comment

• Comment

• Excited that LRU has named a new head coach to lead our program. Coach Jacobs has some good credentials and he seems to be the man we need to continue the recent success. Merry Christmas and Go Bears!
                          It's a great day to be a Bear!

Comment

• Those expectations will continue what the last staff had in place here as well. Good luck to your program and your new coach .
                            It's a great day to be a Bear!

Comment

• Mike Jacobs, formerly HC at Notre Dame College of Ohio is new HC at LR. 4 yr record as HC at ND(Ohio) 42 / 8. Won Region 1 in 2018 and played in Region 1 Championship game in 2019. Played football at Ohio State U 4 yrs and was in 2 Sugar Bowls. LR played in Region 2 Championship games in 2018 & 2019, losing to National champion both yrs. On paper he is equal to Coach Cronic. Will defer to Marvin Everett on prior sentence and effect of change in system might mean. Note: LR starting Weight Lifting Program as a SPORT by hiring New HC Travis Meisa (sp.). Will be 37th university level Weight Lifting Program as a SPORT in Country. (Information from LR Athletics Website) THAT IS HUGH! LIFT WEIGHTS! WIN GAMES! GO BEARS! & SHOWS ADMINISTRATION WANTS WINNING FOOTBALL PROGRAM!! 2 Great Hires. For benefit of Eagle 74: Hope Carson Newman gets a good coach as winning games against them is bigger than against most SAC teams. SAC teams need to beef up to win Region 2 championships. 77 Bear

Comment

• TRAVIS MASH. As a club sport

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X