Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CATAWBA vs LIMESTONE -- COULD DETERMINE FUTURE FOR THE INDIANS!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CATAWBA vs LIMESTONE -- COULD DETERMINE FUTURE FOR THE INDIANS!!!

Except for 1 season, Catawba has been struggling and this week's game vs. Limestone could make it or break it for head coach Curtis Walker..... Limestone gets their 1st win after 15 straight losses so the pressure is off the Saints to get a win..... However, the loser of this game will be in last place in the SAC......

"Except for 1 season, Catawba has been struggling and this week's game vs. Limestone could make it or break it for head coach Curtis Walker..... Limestone gets their 1st win after 15 straight losses so the pressure is off the Saints to get a win..... However, the loser of this game will be in last place in the SAC....."

This one could go either way. I watched the Catawba/ UWG game, and now I'm wondering what I actually saw.

Comment

We are the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. Hopefully the team that battled Wingate last week shows up tomorrow. Still not sure when Avent, Sweeper, and all the other injured players will return.

Comment

On paper, this one is a toss-up. Should be very interesting and very competitive. Limestone has more going for them right now, but I think Catawba has the resolve to gut out a close win because the defense is getting better every week. The offense is really shaky but I think they'll run the ball better this week. I predicted the first OT game of the season in the SAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
          On paper, this one is a toss-up. Should be very interesting and very competitive. Limestone has more going for them right now, but I think Catawba has the resolve to gut out a close win because the defense is getting better every week. The offense is really shaky but I think they'll run the ball better this week. I predicted the first OT game of the season in the SAC.
          Good call Chuck. I believe it's going down to the wire too. Last season Catawba handed Turk his first losses 37-7. Everyone thought it was going to be a big rebound with the coaching change. It obviously didn't happen........

Comment

Well this got answered in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
              Well this got answered in a hurry.
              And to much for that Catawba defense against the Saints. After holding Wingate to just 13 the floodgates opened with the Saints getting to 52 (7TDs and a FG). 600 yards even for Limestone.

Comment

Another all-around solid game for the Saints, we'll take every win we can get

Comment

Catawba must really be heading south, they won big a year ago vs Limestone

Comment

exact;y what I was afraid of. which team was going to show up. to fall behind 28-3 and battle back to 28-24 shows the team has some talent. Then to go out and give up the next 24 is not a very good look for us.

Comment

It was a really bad time to catch Limestone. The Saints were fired up and played at a much higher level. Catawba did a nice job fighting back from the early deficit. The pick-6 that closed the gap to 28-24 should have swung all the momentum in their favor, but you have to give a lot of credit to Limestone for taking it right back. The TD they got seconds before the half killed any chance Catawba had of staying in the game. The season isn't over yet but its really getting away from Catawba in a hurry. I don't see them having anything for Carson-Newman this week, but there is a four week stretch that includes Newberry, Tusculum and Wise. Winning two of out those three might be the most Catawba fans can hope for this year.

Comment

When I looked at the schedule I thought it would be a stretch to duplicate the 4-7 record from last season. dropping games to Pembroke and Limestone, I am hard pressed to find another win on our schedule. Maybe we can beat Wise. the frustrating part is watching the same thing play out this season that played out last season. injuries, bad defense, and inconsistent QB play.

Comment

The CN backups are really looking forward to this game, as they may see a lot of extended playing time on the field in front of their fans, family, and friends. Gonna be a fun weekend at Mossy Creek, get their early!!

Comment

No matter how bad a year Catawba is having, their defense seems to always be well coached and prepared to shut down the veer option. I hope CN doesn't look past Catawba. I think doing so is a big mistake. I am hoping for a good game. I hope CN is ready to show Catawba a few wrinkles in the offense and open up the playbook a bit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X