Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaches On the move!?

Here is a link to the details on Coach Houston's contract - https://247sports.com/college/east-c...ils-125815278/

Congrats Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
      And then there is Memphis, Fresno State, Boise State, San Jose State and San Diego State to name a few more.
      To clarify, "Elite Power 5 programs that share the same name as the major market city that they are located in.

Comment

Great job by Coach Houston, that UNCC job would have been the pits. On paper that job sounds great until you realize that you are recruiting against 4 ACC schools, ECU, and App State for instate talent and UNCC will be at the bottom of that list for the foreseeable future. Not to mention the rich talent pool in the Charlotte metro area draws scouts from Clemson, USC, and other ACC and SEC schools. The UNCC program was supposed to be FCS, but due to some bonehead moves by their administration: (1) announcing their plans to only be FCS for a short time thus causing the CAA and SOCON not to offer associate membership; and the (2) leaving the A10 for the Conference USA after the Conference USA booted them in the Mid 2000's. That school has no tradition and no rivals to speak of.

ECU is in a far better position with funding and fan support. Plus with their scheduling they have positioned themselves for a New Years 6 bowl in the event they can run the table.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
          Great job by Coach Houston, that UNCC job would have been the pits. On paper that job sounds great until you realize that you are recruiting against 4 ACC schools, ECU, and App State for instate talent and UNCC will be at the bottom of that list for the foreseeable future. Not to mention the rich talent pool in the Charlotte metro area draws scouts from Clemson, USC, and other ACC and SEC schools. The UNCC program was supposed to be FCS, but due to some bonehead moves by their administration: (1) announcing their plans to only be FCS for a short time thus causing the CAA and SOCON not to offer associate membership; and the (2) leaving the A10 for the Conference USA after the Conference USA booted them in the Mid 2000's. That school has no tradition and no rivals to speak of.

ECU is in a far better position with funding and fan support. Plus with their scheduling they have positioned themselves for a New Years 6 bowl in the event they can run the table.
          Couldnt agree more. I said Charlotte wasnt an upgrade of any sorts IMO, and you laid it out beautifully. ECU is a much better job and Coach Houston should have a lot more success there than at Charlotte.

Also, Im sorry but if Im Satterfield, Im not leaving App for LVille. Just not. Lville has the facilities and money, but I personally wouldnt take the job

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            Couldnt agree more. I said Charlotte wasnt an upgrade of any sorts IMO, and you laid it out beautifully. ECU is a much better job and Coach Houston should have a lot more success there than at Charlotte.

Also, Im sorry but if Im Satterfield, Im not leaving App for LVille. Just not. Lville has the facilities and money, but I personally wouldnt take the job

Comment

I see what your saying and you changed my mind somewhat. I don't see App ever being admitted to the ACC, because they don't offer anything. Not to mention if the ACC wouldn't accept Villanova, they aren't adding Appalachian State.

I will disagree on 1 part...he didn't reach THE pinnacle at App. The pinnacle for a non power 5 team is an unbeaten season and a new years 6 bowl. The pinnacle for them would be to have finished off Penn St earlier this year, then not get too big for your britches after getting ranked and get whipped by Ga Southern. I watched that whole game against Southern and they got whooped on from start to end. He can possibly achieve more at L'Ville, maybe once Dabo leaves Clemson haha. Shoot if Dino stays at the Cuse they could just keep getting better as well. FSU won't stay down forever. But anyways, my reasoning for why I would have personally stayed at App would have been more sentimental reasons, etc. But that's just me and I wish him nothing but luck at L'Ville.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                I see what your saying and you changed my mind somewhat. I don't see App ever being admitted to the ACC, because they don't offer anything. Not to mention if the ACC wouldn't accept Villanova, they aren't adding Appalachian State.

I will disagree on 1 part...he didn't reach THE pinnacle at App. The pinnacle for a non power 5 team is an unbeaten season and a new years 6 bowl. The pinnacle for them would be to have finished off Penn St earlier this year, then not get too big for your britches after getting ranked and get whipped by Ga Southern. I watched that whole game against Southern and they got whooped on from start to end. He can possibly achieve more at L'Ville, maybe once Dabo leaves Clemson haha. Shoot if Dino stays at the Cuse they could just keep getting better as well. FSU won't stay down forever. But anyways, my reasoning for why I would have personally stayed at App would have been more sentimental reasons, etc. But that's just me and I wish him nothing but luck at L'Ville.

Comment

Would have been possible. When they have to fill new year 6 bowls with 4 loss teams like Texas, I think they would have had a shot seriously.

Comment

LR has lost its defensive cord. to Liberty University. Josh Aldridge has taken same position at LU. We congratulate Josh but selfishly wish he was still at LRU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      LR has lost its defensive cord. to Liberty University. Josh Aldridge has taken same position at LU. We congratulate Josh but selfishly wish he was still at LRU.
                      Good to see loyalty when filling staff positions.

Comment

We got some gooooood coaches at WSSU. Do you know anyone that wants one, two, three...of them? Please forward that info asap!

Comment

I read an article this morning that indicated Drew Cronic may be among the coaches considered for the vacancy at UT Chattanooga.

They got his name wrong in the article though.
                          Who is in the running to become the new head football coach for the Mocs?

Comment

The Mocs signed Rusty Wright

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X