Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year, New Coach at LR

Mike Jacobs formally of Notre Dame College takes the helm. Nice grab!

Comment

We hope for great things! It is always a bummer losing your coach due to success, we have become used to it over the last few years. NDC should find a great hire soon.

Comment

Nice hire!!!

On a side note, will some of the Bears fans be upset if some of Notre Dame's College's talented players decide to follow Coach Jacob's over to LR? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          Nice hire!!!

On a side note, will some of the Bears fans be upset if some of Notre Dame's College's talented players decide to follow Coach Jacob's over to LR? ;)
          Lol! I for one would not.

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post

We hope for great things! It is always a bummer losing your coach due to success, we have become used to it over the last few years. NDC should find a great hire soon.
            They promoted from within:

https://notredamefalcons.com/news/20...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

Biggest obstacle is changing offense and getting the right assistant coaches. Doubt he ask for release of any players for its just not ethnically accepted under most circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                Biggest obstacle is changing offense and getting the right assistant coaches. Doubt he ask for release of any players for its just not ethnically accepted under most circumstances.
                LR Personnel is tailor made for the Wing-T or Triple Option offense, hasn't LR made this mistake before with Kellar? SMH

Comment

Before it was mainly the wrong qb. The coaches son was just not a qualified starter and the culture of the team was terrible. I am a big supporter of the wing t offense though.

Comment

Seems like a great hire. Proven winner with successful DII Head Coaching experience

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                      Is there an instance when it is ethnically acceptable?.....

Maybe my understanding is wrong, but I believe it is a player that asks for his release and then can be contacted by the coaching staff at another school. A coach does not ask for the release of a player at another school, as well as that coach cannot contact a player that has not been released.

Comment

I think you are correct. I need to discuss this with our athletic director next time I see her. Hope I remember to do this but could be a few days because of the holidays. Supposed to meet with our new HC on the sixth so I will see her then. I guess I could google it.

Comment

Speaking of players following their former coach...I saw social media posts today indicating that tight end Drake Starks (a Georgia native) is leaving LR and enrolling at Mercer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
                            Speaking of players following their former coach...I saw social media posts today indicating that tight end Drake Starks (a Georgia native) is leaving LR and enrolling at Mercer.
                            Yes.
                            It's a great day to be a Bear!

Comment

Yes he is going as a walk on. Makes you wonder what happened for him to make this kinda decision. Mercer must really need some players. He is a good one and LR will miss his talent. Hopefully he reached out to them and not the other way around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X