Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhof
    replied
    Earned access is an automatic birth I believe.

Leave a comment:

• ironcheftvdinner
    replied
    There are no automatic bids to the DII football playoffs. Unless you want to count the dumb earned access portion of the selection process.

Leave a comment:

• MarsHillU2022
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
    Its possible that two teams could come from one division. Especially if the mountain division were to lose the conference championship game. Seems like the mountain side is the weakest this season. Lots of games to go before we know though.
    I totally agree with this. The problem then would be that there shouldn't be a split in divisions and just remain one conference. Or future references just make the sides balanced with the competition. See how the D2 committee views this because, in reality, one could argue it's not fair to win your division and not make the playoffs. Play who is on your schedule and should be rewarded for winning the division. Now I know Piedmont has better teams than the mountain but the season is still fairly young.

Leave a comment:

• Bearhof
    replied
    Its possible that two teams could come from one division. Especially if the mountain division were to lose the conference championship game. Seems like the mountain side is the weakest this season. Lots of games to go before we know though.

Leave a comment:

• RedFromMI
    replied
    The championship game is between the winners of each division. In the mountain division it looks like it is between MHU, TU, and E&H at this admittedly early stage. A bit wider pool still in the piedmont division…

Leave a comment:

• MarsHillU2022
    started a topic Sac Championship/Playoff Implications.

Sac Championship/Playoff Implications.

So Knowing that we have two separate conferences does the winner from each conference get an automatic playoff bid? Knowing that two teams from the Sac make the playoffs every year I would think each winner from each conference would get a fair shot at playoffs regardless of the outcome right? Pending a Newberry loss to Lenoir Rhyne or vice versa if one of those teams only has one loss and they don't reach the championship game would you put them over a mountain conference champ like mars hill or Emory and henry?

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X