X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
    When do the regional rankings come out this year? If LR only has the one loss at that time. I believe they would be a two or three seed.
    Not that it's 100% biblical, but Ink's initial mock regional rankings have the Bears at #5 right now.

Again, not stone cold fact but just for talking points.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    When do the regional rankings come out this year? If LR only has the one loss at that time. I believe they would be a two or three seed.
    After Week 8, though the first set will be an alphabetical list rather than an actual ranking.

Leave a comment:

• Bearhof
    replied

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

They changed it from 10th to 8th in 2009, then made it 9th when they expanded to 7 playoff teams per region.
    They changed it from 12th to 10th I think before 2008 season if I'm not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by canadarican View Post

When did the NCAA move it to 9th instead of 10th? I like it rregardles. Despite the fact I still think earned access is the dumbest rule. Thanks Ink!
    They changed it from 10th to 8th in 2009, then made it 9th when they expanded to 7 playoff teams per region.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    I say this. I hate earned access, but I don't like auto bids to conference Champs either. I don't want to see Southwest Baptist or UIndy taking a bid away from a GLIAC or MIAA or GAC team

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
    Thank you all soo much. I really appreciate you all for making things clear for me and easy to understand. By the end of this deal, the Sac will have two teams representing them come playoffs.
    You are most welcome!

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    To clarify a few things:

1. A team has to be 9th or above to qualify for earned access. 10th is no longer good enough.
    2. Whether a team is a conference champion or not has zero bearing on earned access. A team can get in by earned access without being a conference champion.
    3. Based on what I've seen in the PSAC, losses in conference title games tend to matter less than other losses.
    When did the NCAA move it to 9th instead of 10th? I like it rregardles. Despite the fact I still think earned access is the dumbest rule. Thanks Ink!

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    To clarify a few things:

1. A team has to be 9th or above to qualify for earned access. 10th is no longer good enough.
    2. Whether a team is a conference champion or not has zero bearing on earned access. A team can get in by earned access without being a conference champion.
    3. Based on what I've seen in the PSAC, losses in conference title games tend to matter less than other losses.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Thank you all soo much. I really appreciate you all for making things clear for me and easy to understand. By the end of this deal, the Sac will have two teams representing them come playoffs.
    Thus far...I'd be surprised w 2.

Leave a comment:

• MarsHillU2022
    replied

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by ironcheftvdinner View Post
    There are no automatic playoff births at the DII football level.

Earned access could be considered automatic if you want to look at it that way. Earned access is basically for a conference that does not have a representative in a playoff spot but is in the region top 10. For example, if the SAC had no team in a playoff spot in the region rankings but had one in the top ten then that team would bump the last qualifying team out and take their place.
    Perfect explanation. I'll make a visual example

lets say here are the regional rankings.

1 West Georgia
    2 Valdosta
    3 Albany
    4 VA Union
    5 West Florida
    6 Delta State
    7 Bowie
    8 Tuskegee
    9 Miles
    10 Limestone

Top 7 make the playoffs. Since Limestone is in the top 10 and there are no other SAC teams in front of them, they bump the last team in the field (#7 Bowie in this example). That is how Limestone would make it in. If they won the SAC it wouldn't really matter. Division titles mean nothing for the most part too

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied

Chuck Bitner Could you give us some insight about this? Would the division winners from the Mountain and piedmont earn an automatic birth?
    No. Nobody earned an automatic bid to the playoffs. Earned access isn't REALLY an auto bid in the definition most give it.

Leave a comment:

• ironcheftvdinner
    replied
    There are no automatic playoff births at the DII football level.

Earned access could be considered automatic if you want to look at it that way. Earned access is basically for a conference that does not have a representative in a playoff spot but is in the region top 10. For example, if the SAC had no team in a playoff spot in the region rankings but had one in the top ten then that team would bump the last qualifying team out and take their place.

Leave a comment:

• MarsHillU2022
    replied
    Earned access is an automatic birth I believe.
    Chuck Bitner Could you give us some insight about this? Would the division winners from the Mountain and piedmont earn an automatic birth?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X