Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR vs Limestone

LR hosts Limestone between the bricks at 1pm this Saturday with the winner taking sole possession of first place in the SAC Piedmont. Massey gives the Bears an 83% chance of winning (34-17), but something tells me the game could be closer to that.

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
    LR hosts Limestone between the bricks at 1pm this Saturday with the winner taking sole possession of first place in the SAC Piedmont. Massey gives the Bears an 83% chance of winning (34-17), but something tells me the game could be closer to that.
    You guys should be fine as long as you don't go out how our players did and just think it's the old limestone from previous years that you can whoop up on. This team is much improved but you guys should be able to take it to them. BTW still hoping that we both continue to win out so we can get that Mars Hill vs LR Sac Championship game. Think this years team has a shot to finally beat you guys.

Comment

Would love to see Mars Hill vs LR in the inaugural SAC Bowl!

Comment

Best of luck to you guys this Saturday.

Comment

My guess, and only a guess, is that LRU Coaching Staff and Players continue to get tighter (in a good way) and continue to build on last Friday's expanding on that coming together. If they do, and work to relay on our strengths we could have a really good showing. I hope so and will be there again with guest to cheer them on.
          By the way, WHAT TIME IS IT? BEAR TIME.

Comment

Today continues to answer the question: What is happening at LR?
            And the answer is most obviously they are getting better! They continue the improvement that really got started last Friday vs UVA Wise.

LR started playing great both offensively and defensively right out of the gate. And when Limestone found their way offensively, LR responded every step of the way.

Most games are won or lost, I believe, by the players on the field. But this game, I would have to give the majority credit to the Coaching Staff. The offensive play calling was clearly the best game plan of the year, maybe since Jacobs and crew came to Hickory. Two plays stand out to me. On a play in the 3rd quarter, I believe, the call was for the quarterback to scramble/run and run he did. Surprised everybody in at least four states! I mean really, the qb running? Yep, and got the first down.

Next, and maybe more important to the taking the wind out of Limestone's sails, was on a 4th and 4 near midfield. The call was to leave the offense on the field. Whether we would have actually snapped the ball? Who knows. But LR got Limestone to jump, flag, 5 yards and 1st and 10 was achieved. We went on to score another touchdown and put the game out of reach.

I would give the offensive staff at least an A- if not an A. Defense at times played lights out, but at others was not able to stop Limestone. But when the crunch came, time and again, the D stood up strong. Give the D staff a B if not B+.

Now on to Barton. In my opinion, a conference championship is a lot closer than most, including me, would have thought possible 2-3-4 weeks ago.

Bear Time was fun today!

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post

In my opinion, a conference championship is a lot closer than most, including me, would have thought possible 2-3-4 weeks ago.
              Not me! I said it from day 1.

Great win today Bears!

Comment

Great win today by the Bears. Firing on all cylinders!

im still predicting 1-2 more losses this regular season, plus a playoff loss.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post
                  Great win today by the Bears. Firing on all cylinders!

im still predicting 1-2 more losses this regular season, plus a playoff loss.
                  I don't see it. At least in the regular season.

Barton ain't beating them.
                  Newberry ain't beating them.
                  Wingate has an elite defense but can't score.
                  If they lose to Catawba the University should close its doors.

Comment

For us GSC-ers and other visitors, would some SAC fan start GIVING SCORES in their posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                      For us GSC-ers and other visitors, would some SAC fan start GIVING SCORES in their posts?
                      LR 51-30

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I don't see it. At least in the regular season.

Barton ain't beating them.
                        Newberry ain't beating them.
                        Wingate has an elite defense but can't score.
                        If they lose to Catawba the University should close its doors.
                        I understand where you are coming from.

My belief is they will lose at least one game between Newberry, Wingate, and Tusculum. Could potentially lose the conference championship game. Plus a playoff loss.

however, competition in the SAC is so bad this year I completely understand why you think they won’t lose. This is the worst LR team since 2017, yet somehow nobody can compete with them so far. Sad to see such bad football being played.

Comment

Well let’s remember that Newberry beat North Greenville away and NG lost in overtime at WFla. I personally watched the replay of Ferris State game and LR was one experienced qb. Short of a very close game. Now we have a qb. Making plays and a good game plan by Soto our defense is very good so I think the SAC has four very good teams capable of playing any D2 game with a chance of winning. Right now I would rank our best six LR, Newberry, Mars Hill, Tusculum, Wingate, Limestone. Emory CN Barton tie for seventh.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post

I understand where you are coming from.

My belief is they will lose at least one game between Newberry, Wingate, and Tusculum. Could potentially lose the conference championship game. Plus a playoff loss.

however, competition in the SAC is so bad this year I completely understand why you think they won’t lose. This is the worst LR team since 2017, yet somehow nobody can compete with them so far. Sad to see such bad football being played.
                            They won't play tusculum unless tusculym makes the sac title game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                              Well let’s remember that Newberry beat North Greenville away and NG lost in overtime at WFla. I personally watched the replay of Ferris State game and LR was one experienced qb. Short of a very close game. Now we have a qb. Making plays and a good game plan by Soto our defense is very good so I think the SAC has four very good teams capable of playing any D2 game with a chance of winning. Right now I would rank our best six LR, Newberry, Mars Hill, Tusculum, Wingate, Limestone. Emory CN Barton tie for seventh.
                              The QB who played for Ferris was the back up. You know I'm not pooping on the Bears but the gap is still there.

And the transitive property never works for football. Tho I wish it would. UWF just best UWG. UWG pounded the same CN team that beat Newberry

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X