Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
    And I truly think there is a difference between hoping that LR is able to win the SAC and expecting to win it. I agree our chances are much higher now than several weeks ago for a variety of reasons, including the less than expected performance of some other SAC teams. Past that, I believe most Bear fans are pretty realistic in our expectations.

Say host each round of playoffs up 3rd or 4th round, 2 to 4 All Americans, capacity crowds for all remaining home games. What do you think? Realistic? LOL
    Speaking of capacity crowds, I was a little surprised at the crowd at LR yesterday. It was probably the smallest crowd I've seen there. Of course this may have been the first time it wasn't Homecoming when we played there, Lol. The official attendance was 3503 I believe. The newly renovated stadium is a great place to watch a game. Nice amenities!

Comment

I’ve always been skeptical of the official crowd announcements at LR. In the past it’s been very easy to just walk into the stadium, and even now that they have scanners at the entrances late arriving people can typically just walk into the stadium without tickets. Add to that students just have to flash a student ID (which they don’t count towards the official number) and you get a very lowballed attendance number.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
        I’ve always been skeptical of the official crowd announcements at LR. In the past it’s been very easy to just walk into the stadium, and even now that they have scanners at the entrances late arriving people can typically just walk into the stadium without tickets. Add to that students just have to flash a student ID (which they don’t count towards the official number) and you get a very lowballed attendance number.
        To follow up, I was wondering if the students may have been on Fall Break because their section was way less than usual. It was a beautiful day to watch a game for sure.

Comment

Yep, fall break this week.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
            Yep, fall break this week.
            Ugh. I always hate in a way when we have ball games during the weekend of fall break. Always kills the crowd. Same with ball games on thanksgiving week.

Comment

Another thing I hate is when the Vols have home games on the same day as CN. This weekend is the Bama game. SEC football Fandom is a whole 'nother animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

To follow up, I was wondering if the students may have been on Fall Break because their section was way less than usual. It was a beautiful day to watch a game for sure.
                A lot of folks really don't get how big of an impact breaks cause on student attendance of athletic events. My wife and I were at a Wake Forest basketball game pre covid and I said "you know it's kinda quiet in here. Students are small".

It was Wakes spring break lol

Comment

A bit of a surprise, especially with the new stadium, that LR's average home game attendance per game (through 4 games) this year is averaging 4,003 as compared to last year's average of 5,225 in attendance in the 4 home games played last season. That's a fall off of around 30%. Hopefully that will change, especially with the potential this team has in being a D2 Football National Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    A bit of a surprise, especially with the new stadium, that LR's average home game attendance per game (through 4 games) this year is averaging 4,003 as compared to last year's average of 5,225 in attendance in the 4 home games played last season. That's a fall off of around 30%. Hopefully that will change, especially with the potential this team has in being a D2 Football National Champion.
                    I’ve talked with players on the team, and none of them think they will get even close to the national championship. Remember, they got embarrassed by Ferris State (playing their backup QB) at home between the bricks.

Comment

So you actually asked some LR football players about winning a NC. I can only question what is your relationship with the LR players? Do they know you? Who were these players that you approached and ask this question? Do you go to the practices during the week? I can’t seem to figure out just who you could be since I know everyone that’s there on a regular basis. Your not invisible are you?

Comment

The attendance this season is hard to access because of the new configuration of the home side. Also ticket prices are double what they were last year. We did have some competition for attendance when App. State played UNC in Boone and then had ESPN game day there on another occasion. I think the Newberry game could be a full house and probably the Wingate game as well. Stadium has a great game day atmosphere with all the amenities of much bigger universities. I think the future is bright for LRBEARS athletics and look forward to continued success on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                          We did have some competition for attendance when App. State played UNC in Boone and then had ESPN game day there on another occasion.
                          How much are LR tickets nowadays? I couldn't tell you CN cost. I'm going to a Mars Hill game next weekend. Ticket prices for football games are a little high anyways, but hey people are paying thousands of dollars foe UT and Bama.

The week GameDay was there maybe I'll give you, and maybe some on the UNC game but other than that no.

I'm not crapping on the Bears, you know this, but the attendance numbers there never make sense. I've been to games where it was mostly empty and they said 3000 were there. I've also been here when people were borderline parking at the Catawba Valley YMCA and they say there's 6000 and I'm thinking "there is no freaking way".

ill also give a shoutout to the folks from LR who worked with the CN alumni office about settinf up a CN Alumni tailgate and got them discounted tickets and such. That was great. Not a lot of other schools would do that.

Comment

We had six LR players as guests at our house for dinner last Sunday night. To a man they felt the Ferris game was a great experience and welcome the opportunity to compete against that level program. We didn’t discuss in the context of playoffs. Just competing. There is a lot of pride and confidence exuding from the players. It is too bad trolls come on here who post rumor and hearsay about LR football when they don’t know what is truly the pulse of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

How much are LR tickets nowadays? I couldn't tell you CN cost. I'm going to a Mars Hill game next weekend. Ticket prices for football games are a little high anyways, but hey people are paying thousands of dollars foe UT and Bama.

The week GameDay was there maybe I'll give you, and maybe some on the UNC game but other than that no.

I'm not crapping on the Bears, you know this, but the attendance numbers there never make sense. I've been to games where it was mostly empty and they said 3000 were there. I've also been here when people were borderline parking at the Catawba Valley YMCA and they say there's 6000 and I'm thinking "there is no freaking way".

ill also give a shoutout to the folks from LR who worked with the CN alumni office about settinf up a CN Alumni tailgate and got them discounted tickets and such. That was great. Not a lot of other schools would do that.
                              GA tickets are $20. Absolutely agree with you on the attendance numbers, the official tally never feels right.

Comment

If $20 for 3 to 4 hours of great atmosphere, family fun entertainment and great competition is a problem ( and for a family of 4-5-6 it might be) send me a message and either I will provide the tickets or I will ask the Administration for a discount. Even with over price hot dogs, popcorn and peanuts, I believe $20 is a bargain in todays entertainment world.

Perhaps, there is another factor to the "attendance": is actual attendance or tickets sold? I do not know but I believe a fair number of Bear Club seats have been paid for but not filled with a person.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X