Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, the officials missed several calls. No doubt. But they did not cost LR the game. Let us be real.

Newberry was just better from top to bottom. Better coached, more talented, knew exactly what they needed to do and did it when they needed to do it.
    LR had its bright spots: John Ross Maye, Jefferson, despite some drops Kelin Parsons and a few others that really stood out.

But when your receivers drop 3 touchdown passes that hit them in the hands; you can not stop Mario and his running in the second half; coaches keep calling stupid running up the middle plays that have absolutely no chance of going anywhere; the defense can not get its hands on their quarterback or contain the running backs; LR's defensive backs can not effectively cover the Wolf receivers......

And I have not even mentioned the best athlete we have seen this year, Tre Harris, OMG that guy could get 7 to 9 yards anytime and everytime he wanted to and was a genius at finding open receivers.

LR is having a good year, but not a great year. The coaches have gotten better but they are so far behind Cronic and Houston it is not even funny or debateable. LR is a sophomore dominated team with some really talented players. And we not doubt will have another good year next year. But we have holes that the coaches have not addressed or not been able to fill, starting at running back, quarterback and fast effective defensive backs. And these facts, if not addressed, we keep LR from being a premier team.

We have known these things, discussed them previously, but let some well earned wins against lesser teams blind us all to the facts that are there never-the-less.

Hopefully we can find a way to beat Wingate and Catawba. But the playoffs will come only if gifted to us by others misfortunes in the remaining two weeks.
    Last edited by BearFan1; 10-22-2022, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Get out of here buddy, such a one sided game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post

What ever! You better thank those officials. Without them, you get run out of your own stadium.
        That’s exactly right. How many big Newberry plays and first downs got called back for holding? A lot.

bears fans can’t accept the fact they don’t have a good team or culture.
        Newberry is the standard of the SAC. Beating LR back to back years with half the resources.

2 losses this year in a $20million dollar stadium. Not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
          Guys, the officials missed several calls. No doubt. But they did not cost LR the game. Let us be real.

Newberry was just better from top to bottom. Better coached, more talented, knew exactly what they needed to do and did it when they needed to do it.
          LR had its bright spots: John Ross Maye, Jefferson, despite some drops Kelin Parsons and a few others that really stood out.

But when your receivers drop 3 touchdown passes that hit them in the hands; you can not stop Mario and his running in the second half; coaches keep calling stupid running up the middle plays that have absolutely no chance of going anywhere; the defense can not get its hands on their quarterback or contain the running backs; LR's defensive backs can not effectively cover the Wolf receivers......

And I have not even mentioned the best athlete we have seen this year, Tre Harris, OMG that guy could get 7 to 9 yards anytime and everytime he wanted to and was a genius at finding open receivers.

LR is having a good year, but not a great year. The coaches have gotten better but they are so far behind Cronic and Houston it is not even funny or debateable. LR is a sophomore dominated team with some really talented players. And we not doubt will have another good year next year. But we have holes that the coaches have not addressed or been able to fill, starting at running back, quarterback and fast effective defensive backs. And these facts, if not addressed, we keep LR from being a premier team.

We have known these things, discussed them previously, but let some well earned wins against lesser teams blind us all to the facts that are there never-the-less.

Hopefully we can find a way to beat Wingate and Catawba. But the playoffs will come only if gifted to us by others misfortunes in the remaining two weeks.
          Agreed. Disappointed this likely won’t mean a home playoff game. Considering the talent on the team, we shouldn’t be biting our fingernails in early November.

Comment

I think the teams are very close talent wise. We have a very good qb who played a solid game today. Our receivers dropped some crucial passes they normally catch. We were unable to contain the Newberry qb and really the dude is an exceptional player running or passing. The game plan by Newberry worked for them. LR had trouble on short yardage play calls again which put our defense on the field too much. Our game plan offense took a step backwards after showing great strides recently. Short yardage plays from the shotgun don’t work up the middle with nine defenders in the box and blitzing. I don’t understand why we have so much trouble with play calling on short yardage of one or two yards. Officials make mistakes its a hard job to get right. Saw a few errors on both teams by the refs. The one person on here calling for everyone to be fired has definitely reached the status of an instigator undercover of his true identity. Thought he had went back in his hole but no such luck.

Comment

Didn’t realize the troll farm had reopened. Questioning the coach is one thing, saying the president of the university should be canned because of a football game is showing his true cards. Sad.

Comment

I guess it's natural for you youngins to blame everybody. You don't know no better. Fact was we got out played, The Berries came up here with blood in their eyes wanting to whup our collective asses and they done it. They had a better game plan, they stuck to it and they run all over our defense like a sharp Case knife through hot butter. That Anderson kid is one of the best I have seen in this league. Did McGee dress out? Well, I am going to blame somebody now, just like you youngins. McGee is good but he didn't have nowhere to run but straight in the pile. You know whose fault that was? No account offensive line and same old play calling. All the Berries had to do to plan their defense was look at the tapes, McGee only runs 3 ways. Believe me they knew where to plug up the holes. If what I seen Saturday is all we got we are going to lose out. That Wingit bunch is headed up here Saturday and they will be trying to stick it to us while we are down. The word is they got great defense,average offense.If we don't get up for this game they will average us into obscurity. Over the hill and through the woods the boys from Saulsbury ain't completely dead yet and they would just love to resume the ass kicking of a few years ago.

Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
                  I guess it's natural for you youngins to blame everybody. You don't know no better. Fact was we got out played, The Berries came up here with blood in their eyes wanting to whup our collective asses and they done it. They had a better game plan, they stuck to it and they run all over our defense like a sharp Case knife through hot butter. That Anderson kid is one of the best I have seen in this league. Did McGee dress out? Well, I am going to blame somebody now, just like you youngins. McGee is good but he didn't have nowhere to run but straight in the pile. You know whose fault that was? No account offensive line and same old play calling. All the Berries had to do to plan their defense was look at the tapes, McGee only runs 3 ways. Believe me they knew where to plug up the holes. If what I seen Saturday is all we got we are going to lose out. That Wingit bunch is headed up here Saturday and they will be trying to stick it to us while we are down. The word is they got great defense,average offense.If we don't get up for this game they will average us into obscurity. Over the hill and through the woods the boys from Saulsbury ain't completely dead yet and they would just love to resume the ass kicking of a few years ago.

Return of the King. Ursidae I've missed your post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X