Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR At Fayetteville St

Storms made me decide not to go to game and since I could not get video of the game (I tried) I listened to it over the Bears Radio station.
    Sounded like the defense played lights out but offense was only able to deliver when given short yardage opportunities.

I would be interested in what was actually seen by some one(s) that was at the game. Thanks.

I was there, to be honest the offense was atrocious. Had the defense not played lights out there is a chance LR would have lost the game. Too much of the SOS of McGee getting 30 carries up the middle and the only passes being quick outs for the most part, had 1 big 40-50 yard pass play called back due to a hold, but overall the offense was garbage. If something doesn’t change we’ll have several losses. They brought in #17 at QB with different backs the last drive but they didn’t play long enough to see what they could do.

Comment

That sums up exactly what the radio guys related. And of course the announcers are LR people. I know I sound negative about LR some times but it is not negative about LR, it is about Jacobs and the offensive coaching side that I plain and simply do not understand. Sean White is a great young man I am sure, but as a QB he is not. And the play calling is just plain awful. McGee is no doubt a speedster but he will not move any pile of defenders worth their salt.

With every resource known to man having been given to Jacobs and company, I simply do not understand not having the offensive weapons to excel.
      I have learned not to waste my time referring players to the coaches because it has been made apparent to me they: a, do not care; b. do not have a clue about the various high schools in the area much less the players.

My high school has two D1 commits that that I tried to get on LR's radar when they were sophomores. There are about 5 to7 more that are strong D2 to FCS type players. One is a 6'7" 245 pound offensive lineman (only 2nd year of playing) whom our coach says is a Power 5 type potential but wants to play at a small school "because he says he is not going to the NFL and wants to his parents to see him play". I apparently am the only person talking with him about LR, which he tells me he is interested in.

Comment

It’s no secret how to game plan for LR’s offense. Put 8 men in the box and dare us to beat them through the air (we won’t). I think the status quote gets us to the playoffs with the way the rest of the SAC is playing, but it won’t get us to the places we want to be. Crazy how we still haven’t established an identity on offense.

Comment

Coaches have eyes and they know what needs work. Defense has been playing great. Offense is just out of sync and the timing between qb and receiver is off to some extent. I personally don’t think they have enough repetition in practice between first team qb and the receivers running proper routes for timing and there appears to be no check downs for other possible receivers to throw to. Not many deep throws either the first two games. We have time to get better before conference games begin thank goodness. We also need to find out what happened in the second half Saturday on offense.

Comment

I appreciate the optimism of Bearof. I really do. However, I do not agree that the coaches "know what needs work".

Every team has a spring session and a preseason to set things in motion. Jacobs and Company obviously did not do that this year or in any previous year. Therefore, continued deficient practices do not usually make for improved performance. John Wooden said it is not practice that makes perfect. Rather it is perfect practice that makes perfect. Mike Jacobs has not read that book.

Offensively, the preparation process they are using on offense is horrible. Furthermore, they have not addressed the lack of talented players in various skill positions in either the recruiting process or portal. I am not even sure they would recognize the talent if it walked on to campus. This is Jacobs 4th year. And I am extremely sorry to say I do not see improvement or progress being made on getting LR to the very elite program status we were promised when he was introduced.

I agree with Bears' position (above posting) that LR will most likely win the conference this year not because we have elevated to the top by our efforts but rather we may get there because everybody else has apparently dropped. If this is in fact the situation, the worsen situation we find ourselves will just be masked.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X