Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newberry- Emory & Henry

The Wolves welcome the Wasps to the Graveyard. This game worries me. Though Newberry did better correcting some of the mistakes from week one, the offense is still struggling to run the football. If our offense is unable to establish a running game, then we are in trouble. I do beleive our defense will create problems for the Wasp offense, and I think this could be a low scoring game that could go to the team that makes the fewest mistakes.

I have no dog in this fight but I believe the Wasp could be the spoiler in the conference this year.

Comment

At the half- Emory & Henry 7- Newberry 0
      Newberry defense has played well, but the offense continues to struggle, unable to throw or run the football.

Comment

End of Regulation- Newberry 14- Emory & Henry 14

Going to overtime

Comment

Newberry wins in 8 overtimes! This was a record for DII overtimes! Newberry 25- Emory & Henry 23

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
            Newberry wins in 8 overtimes! This was a record for DII overtimes! Newberry 25- Emory & Henry 23
            Tied the record.

Absolutely insane. Wasps near TD in 8OT and then the Wolves play all. Spectacular!

Comment

From what everyone is saying - it's the new D2 record for most OTs in a game. Previous record was 6. All football record is 9.

It wasn't great until it was! Wild to think that E&H and Newberry have played 2 full games with 10 OTs combined the last two years... Wild.

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post
                From what everyone is saying - it's the new D2 record for most OTs in a game. Previous record was 6. All football record is 9.

It wasn't great until it was! Wild to think that E&H and Newberry have played 2 full games with 10 OTs combined the last two years... Wild.
                It is not the record per the SAC. It ties the D2 record.

https://twitter.com/SAC_Athletics/st...S0GrO2bWw&s=19

Comment

At this rate, we're looking at a 32OT thriller next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
                    So it took eight overtimes to score 11 more points than regulation? I take it there were a few missed kicks, TOs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

So it took eight overtimes to score 11 more points than regulation? I take it there were a few missed kicks, TOs, etc.
                      No. Remember new OT rules. 2 pt plays after 2nd OT.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X