Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate that LR lost this one, and a bit surprised too. Nonetheless, this could be a blessing in disguise for the Bears (and their coaching staff). Sometimes a regular season blemish like this can make a team better going into the playoffs. Losing to a good Wingate team could create a hungrier, more urgent LR team. We'll see. Losing this game is not the end of the world, nor is it an overall indictment of Jacobs and his staff. Hoping it makes the Bears a more dangerous team.
    Last edited by Mule; 10-29-2023, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Add me as another person very underwhelmed by Wingate's facilities. How do they not have a scoreboard that shows down & distance, timeouts left, etc? Great that they have a big video board, but it would be nice to have game information as well. Guess I've been spoiled with what a nice facility we have at LR. The visitor bleachers were absolutely horrible, but we had a great LR crowd filling them.

Defense needs to step it up if they hope to make any noise in the playoffs. They didn't get any help from the officials (quite a bit of holding that wasn't being called, and there was a bogus PI that kept a drive going for Wingate after the defense made a crucial stop). But overall too many big plays and not much pressure on Wingate's QB. Also the first game in quite awhile that I don't remember seeing any turnovers.

On a good note, offense looked good (I'm going to ignore some of the questionable playcalling). We definitely have our QB and McGee is back in a big way. We can score on anybody at anytime, which was evident in the final two drives. 20 more seconds on the clock and I truly believe LR would have answered that TD and won the game.

I agree that this may be a good loss (trying to find silver lining) in that it may shake the Bears D and coaches and drive more focus as they head (hopefully) to the playoffs. They need to take care of business this weekend and knock off Catawba, which will set them up for a tough game at Mars Hill for the SAC championship.

Comment

"A few thoughts about Saturday:
        1. Wingate does not know or care how to host a football game from the visitors view. Only thing that helped me was that I had been there two years ago so I found my way despite absolutely no signage of any kind.
        2. The vbisitor seating is horrible. Very small amount and add the fact that the first two rows are next to worthless as seats.
        3. One person to work the concession stand window. Really, I mean really? Do they not even want to sale us concessions?"

We hadn't been there since 2021 so we literally followed the signs on campus all the way to Irwin-Belk Stadium. There's plenty of signage.

Comment

There's actually still a chance the Bears don't make the SAC title game....

Comment

Scenarios
            • Lenoir-Rhyne wins, and they are in the SAC Championship Game.
            • Limestone needs to win AND have Lenoir-Rhyne lose to reach the SAC Championship Game.
            • If Lenoir-Rhyne and Limestone fall Saturday, combined with a Wingate win: chaos ensues.
            Lenoir-Rhyne, Limestone, Wingate would all finish 6-2.

Per the SAC tiebreaking procedures:

A. Head-to-Head Results among tied teams.
            Lenoir-Rhyne beat Limestone, Limestone beat Wingate, Wingate beat Lenoir-Rhyne. Tie is not resolved. Move to B.

B. Record against teams in the division not involved in the tie starting at the top of the standings.
            Lenoir-Rhyne and Wingate beat Barton, Limestone lost. Limestone is eliminated from tiebreaker.

Then we break the tie between Lenoir-Rhyne and Wingate. Wingate won and has H2H. Wingate goes to SAC title game.

Comment

If LR loses to Catawba then all hell will break loose on this message board. Massey has us as a 24 point favorite though, so (surely) the unthinkable won't happen....

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                If LR loses to Catawba then all hell will break loose on this message board. Massey has us as a 24 point favorite though, so (surely) the unthinkable won't happen....
                I mean, Truman and Shepherd were 21.5 point favorites and they lost so.....

And yes, It would be an absolutely scene.

Comment

Has anyone on this board heard anything about some of the proposed changes that are being discussed concerning athletes being unionized and becoming employees with benefits and salaries. This in my opinion will bankrupt the majority of small schools from d2 on down. This nil has ruined college sports because it has no boundaries or business model to adhere to. We might not even have NCAA. Greed has reared its ugly ways now and it’s about to destroy college athletics.

Comment

I don’t think D2 NILs are near enough to warrant any sort of collective bargaining, especially when the vast majority of players on teams aren’t making NIL money. Plus idk how that would work considering NC is a right to work stare.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      Its very frustrating to watch a better team get beat in a game they should have won. We keep trying to run the ball up the middle when the other team has all eleven players within seven yards of the line of scrimmage on third and short yardage. We didn’t do it once or twice no not even three times we did it five times. Maybe that’s why we were 1-9 on third down conversions. Insanity is basically what is wrong with our oc. The guy can make some good play calls and then get in a third and short and screw it up probably 70 percent of the time. We missed a extra point which really helped change the outcome of the game. Two of our defensive backs couldn’t defend a toss up ball of thirty yards and the guy goes 75 yards to win the game. One on two usually favors the two but not today. Some great plays out there today by both teams. Our running back, qb and receivers played a great game. Our defensive backs were a problem with their inability to stop the pass. 335 yards passing to wide open receivers. Its obvious we are not there yet and I personally think we are close just need to stop the insanity and defend the quarterback better.
                      Bearhof you are exactly right in this post, just don't say it on the LR Football twitter, they banned me for a couple of simple statements regarding the secondary and overall play...If you aren't willing to say everything is perfect all the time they ban you. Ridiculous, they need to own it and improve and not just pretend everything is great all the time...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X