Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR vs Wingate

Space to preview and give thoughts for the big rivaLRy game this weekend.

LR by more than one score.

Comment

I think this is the year LR starts coming of age and makes a clear statement, LR by 14 or more. Ferguson should be completely healed and hopefully Maye's shoulder was only a ding. Even without Parsons whom I hope is able to be back by playoffs, Number 6 is showing real sparks of excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
        I think this is the year LR starts coming of age and makes a clear statement, LR by 14 or more. Ferguson should be completely healed and hopefully Maye's shoulder was only a ding. Even without Parsons whom I hope is able to be back by playoffs, Number 6 is showing real sparks of excitement.
        The passing game is what I’m most excited about at the moment. Dre Lester has always been a very good WR1 but add to that DeAree Rodgers and Songa Yates who are catching machines over the middle and we have a legitimate passing game. Even the TEs (always a weakness of Jacobs’ offense) have been getting involved recently!

Comment

Wingut has got to do a lot better with their video production. Can’t not show the game clock in the year of our Lord 2023.

Comment

Tough game. Hate they gave up that big play at the end. And yes Wingate production sucks majorly. I might demand my money back from Flo Sports. I’ve never watched an LR production but I hope to God it is done better then Wingates.

Comment

Secondary got burned, give up too many big plays and the one at the end. Disappointed but not surprised.

Comment

Well well well. It took some time but the real Mike Jacobs LR bears showed up today... When will they ever get over the hump? Conference championship is in serious jeopardy now which is unacceptable. LR is supposed to be the sac standard, not losing to Wingate back to back years…..

Comment

Disappointing ending to a 50/50 game. Too many big time moments went against us and it cost the Bears. That touchdown pass was a back breaker, as was the missed PAT, as was the missed hold on the Wingate TD in the first half. I hope this was the punch in the mouth LR needed, the margin for error is razor thin from here on out.

Comment

Its very frustrating to watch a better team get beat in a game they should have won. We keep trying to run the ball up the middle when the other team has all eleven players within seven yards of the line of scrimmage on third and short yardage. We didn’t do it once or twice no not even three times we did it five times. Maybe that’s why we were 1-9 on third down conversions. Insanity is basically what is wrong with our oc. The guy can make some good play calls and then get in a third and short and screw it up probably 70 percent of the time. We missed a extra point which really helped change the outcome of the game. Two of our defensive backs couldn’t defend a toss up ball of thirty yards and the guy goes 75 yards to win the game. One on two usually favors the two but not today. Some great plays out there today by both teams. Our running back, qb and receivers played a great game. Our defensive backs were a problem with their inability to stop the pass. 335 yards passing to wide open receivers. Its obvious we are not there yet and I personally think we are close just need to stop the insanity and defend the quarterback better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      Its very frustrating to watch a better team get beat in a game they should have won. .
                      Lot of that going on in the league this year. Teams winning games when the other team outplayed them. Madness

Comment

Yeah Mr C, LR was fortunate against Limestone but not against Wingate. Looks like Valdosta was fortunate to win the WFla game.

Comment

A few thoughts about Saturday:
                          1. Wingate does not know or care how to host a football game from the visitors view. Only thing that helped me was that I had been there two years ago so I found my way despite absolutely no signage of any kind.
                          2. The vbisitor seating is horrible. Very small amount and add the fact that the first two rows are next to worthless as seats.
                          3. One person to work the concession stand window. Really, I mean really? Do they not even want to sale us concessions?

The game:
                          4. Wingate was just better prepared. Plain and simply. Yes it was a tight game. Should not have been. But they were ready. We were not. OMG did they have some speed on that team!
                          5. I can tell you there are kickers in this state looking for a place to play. Question is: are we looking or hoping? Wingate seems to be able to fine them.

6. As I have said a thousand times, McGee does all he can. And he is fast, if he can get that chance. But.... he is not the ONLY type of runningback we need. And could have.
                          7. What kind of defensive plan was that we had? DB's gave up 8 to 10 yards on every play, to begin with. Maybe because Wingate WR were just simply faster than LR's DB's?

8. LR had a significant advantage at Tight End. We used it once, if memory serves correct, for a TD.

AND 9. Yes, as said earlier by D2Superfan, Mike Jacobs coaching (and staff and game plan) showed up again. Last week after the Newberry game, I complemented the Staff for halftime adjustments and the much wider, more open offensive game plan that worked. NOT THIS GAME. Reverting to McGee up the middle right, McGee up the middle left, is not a successful game plan against a top defensive team like Wingate. LR was really lucky at Limestone. The luck ran out yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                            Yeah Mr C, LR was fortunate against Limestone but not against Wingate. Looks like Valdosta was fortunate to win the WFla game.
                            I still don't know what to make of Valdosta. We know they are good but how good is a challenge. Same w Argos.

Comment

Entirely agree about the Wingate away experience. For a school that prides itself for its athletic department (and they’re admittedly outstanding on the field across all sports), they absolutely have to do better. I’ve seen high schools with population 700 with better away bleachers and signage. I wasn’t at the game yesterday but have been in the past and clearly nothing has changed. Also, HOW DO YOU GO AN ENTIRE GAME WITHOUT DISPLAYING THE GAME CLOCK ON YOUR LIVESTREAM!? Not only that, but the commentators went the entire first half without acknowledging they didn’t have a game clock and very rarely let us know what time it was. Thank God for Jack and Juju!!

And, yes. I’m clearly taking my anger out in lieu of the loss. Do better LR football and do better Wingate athletic department!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X