Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR vs Benedict

Be on the lookout for a massive Bear migration into the SC midlands this weekend. Quite possibly going to out attend the cocks vs tigs. I kid, I kid.

Massey: LR -11, O/U 51.

Good news! In preparations of what they expect to be a bear minimum amount of LR fans making the trip down to Columbia SC, the Benedict College concession will purchase a 12 pack each of both Mountain Dew and Pepsi along with 2 packs of red hot dogs to accommodate the visitor's side. If you can think of anything else you may need, contact Anita Snack.

Oh yea, just kidding.

Comment

Anita dated you in high school didn’t she Eagle Fula****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
        Anita dated you in high school didn’t she Eagle Fula****.
        Ironically she did, but her last name back then was Realmann.;)

Comment

I was at Moretz on Saturday and I saw a well-oiled cardinal and black thrashing machine. If that same LR team shows up this Saturday (and next), they will be very difficult to beat. Dominated a quality Shepherd team.

Benedict has destroyed everyone they’ve played, but they haven’t faced an offense or defense like they’re gonna face this Saturday. I’ll predict Bears…..BIG.

Comment

Sure hope you are correct Mule. Coaches game plan on offense and defense needs to be thorough and understood by the players. No time for confusion or mistakes its BEAR TIME.

Comment

Great Bears win. A frustrating first half with several blown coverages by the bears defense, Benedict has some playmakers but those guys were running wide open. Extremely poor refereeing performance as well. But in the end LR’s quality won out. Great game by McGee, the wide receivers, and Sean White. The defense made plays when they needed and the Benedict offense was beyond pedestrian when they needed to play fast in the end. Onwards and upwards!

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                Great Bears win. A frustrating first half with several blown coverages by the bears defense, Benedict has some playmakers but those guys were running wide open. Extremely poor refereeing performance as well. But in the end LR’s quality won out. Great game by McGee, the wide receivers, and Sean White. The defense made plays when they needed and the Benedict offense was beyond pedestrian when they needed to play fast in the end. Onwards and upwards!
                Need to fix those breakdowns in the secondary to have any chance next week. Benedict is a solid team, but they wouldn't be undefeated in the SAC, that's for sure. They did make it a little interesting in the end (especially with another lapse on the 4th down allowing an easy touchdown to get it back within 10). Sean had a tougher game today, but still shows he should be the starter right now. McGee is the man, that's all I can say about him.

It will be a tough game next week and will take a flawless effort by the Bears to beat which GSC team moves on.

Comment

On another note, that was absolutely atrocious camera work and switching work during the game. Running replays over extra points, low angle camera shots during significant plays (seemed to happen more when LR was on offense). Also, why could they not show down and distance on the video?

But the announcers did an excellent job of showing enthusiasm for both teams, which I really appreciated.

Comment

91Bear I agree with the camera work, was horrible but the announcers were very entertaining and not 1 sided which was nice. I’m afraid the same problem that has been there as long as I can remember with horrible pass defense will be our Achilles heel next week. I don’t understand why they can’t work those bugs out, not sure if it is coaching or personnel. All I can say is they need to get down to Reidsville and recruit some of their DBs/athletes that I watched play last night, maybe that could help in the future!

Comment

Tell your defensive secondary coaches get to work or get fired. Deep cover was weak and Benedict spotted that early. You know the Blazers are all over the game video this morning. McGee can run for 1,000 yards next week but you'll lose if you don't find some guys who can win the races. That Harden kid could fly and maybe he's exceptionally fast, I don't know his times, but nobody could cover him.

Comment

Could not agree more with the comments from the above two post. No doubt it was fabulous win for LR. And Seam White is doing a great job filling in for Jalen Ferguson. But if the erant passes continue, I am afraid Valdosta will not be as forgiving.

Thank goodness for a great job done by the D line and LB's. I believe Maye was playing lights out again as were the other LBs.
                        Did anybody else notice that LR may have had as many fans as the host team? I was surprised by that.

Comment

We have finally won a road playoff game. Special teams are still a big concern with kickoff coverage and another missed field goal. Our defensive line and linebackers played a very good game. The defensive backs have got to have some help and put in a better coverage to defend the deep pass.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X