Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty Rankings 2000-Present (D2Football Era)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny. Your just avoiding the question and I did come over and talked to you and your dad sitting down. Who you think is going to win the two regional two games. I have LR and Delta. 31-21 and 49-38.

Comment

I find this interesting, but not sure how to use it. I state this since I think the regions issues do impact these values. Point being, A win in one region is tougher than some other region. Not to mention how an 8th seeded team in one region doesn't get in over maybe even a 3 seed in another. This may not impact that very top of these numbers, but I see it impacting the rest. Sorting by regions should trump some of this, but when it's one national list, things start to fall apart a bit. And as you mentioned, maybe too much for a title game appearance or one good run? As you noted, Wayne St (MI) But there are always exceptions to these things anyway.

All in all, not a bad exercise though.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
        Top 10 in each region from 2018-2023*
        Super Region 1 Total Super Region 2 Total Super Region 3 Total Super Region 4 Total
        1 Shepherd PSAC 57.80 1 Valdosta State GSC 176.84 1 Ferris State GLIAC 318.91 1 Colorado Mines RMAC 86.88
        2 Slippery Rock PSAC 43.83 2 West Florida GSC 148.76 2 Grand Valley State GLIAC 24.85 2 Minnesota State NSIC 82.80
        3 Notre Dame (OH) MEC 39.84 3 Lenoir-Rhyne SAC 27.83 3 NW Missouri State MIAA 23.78 3 Angelo State LSC 19.72
        4 Kutztown PSAC 17.82 4 BOWIE ST. CIAA 16.76 4 Ouachita Baptist GAC 10.88 4 Bemidji State NSIC 12.75
        5 New Haven NE10 10.75 5 Wingate SAC 16.73 5 Pittsburg State MIAA 8.76 5 CSU-Pueblo RMAC 9.73
        6 IUP PSAC 9.71 6 Delta State GSC 8.62 6 Central Missouri MIAA 8.60 6 Augustana (SD) NSIC 6.74
        7 Charleston (WV) MEC 4.71 7 West Georgia GSC 5.71 7 Harding GAC 7.85 7 Central Washington LSC 5.67
        8 Ashland GMAC 4.67 8 Newberry SAC 4.60 8 Indianapolis GLVC 7.80 8 Minnesota-Duluth NSIC 2.79
        9 Hillsdale GMAC 4.56 9 Carson-Newman SAC 4.52 9 Nebraska-Kearney MIAA 4.58 9 Western Colorado RMAC 2.59
        10 TIFFIN GMAC 2.80 10 VIRGINIA UNION CIAA 2.75 10 Henderson State GAC 1.70 10 Winona State NSIC 1.63
        This is updated including this past weekends playoff games. Could drastically change depending on this week.

Had to make a correction.
        It's looking as though Benedict and possibly Fayetteville State may be replacing Carson Newman in next year's SR2 - 5 year rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

It's looking as though Benedict and possibly Fayetteville State may be replacing Carson Newman in next year's SR2 - 5 year rankings.
          Fayetteville isn't replacing anyone. Way too far down and hasnt proved they can win when it matters. Benedict has to win a playoff game first as well.

What makes a select time period intersting is that when you shift a year it can fluctuate. Example, if you did a 10 year ranking from 2013-2023, Someone who won a title or made a playoff run in 2013 loses all those points in the 14-24 rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            I find this interesting, but not sure how to use it. I state this since I think the regions issues do impact these values. Point being, A win in one region is tougher than some other region. Not to mention how an 8th seeded team in one region doesn't get in over maybe even a 3 seed in another. This may not impact that very top of these numbers, but I see it impacting the rest. Sorting by regions should trump some of this, but when it's one national list, things start to fall apart a bit. And as you mentioned, maybe too much for a title game appearance or one good run? As you noted, Wayne St (MI) But there are always exceptions to these things anyway.

All in all, not a bad exercise though.
            Agree. And sometimes it makes it look like someone wasn't as "good" when you do just a short period. Example, Ferris has been the program over the past 5 years. And GV would be like 9th or 10th....but anyone with half a brain realizes GV is GV. Regardless of what a brief 5 year window looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Fayetteville isn't replacing anyone. Way too far down and hasnt proved they can win when it matters. Benedict has to win a playoff game first as well.

What makes a select time period intersting is that when you shift a year it can fluctuate. Example, if you did a 10 year ranking from 2013-2023, Someone who won a title or made a playoff run in 2013 loses all those points in the 14-24 rankings.
              CN has next season to prove they remain relevant in the 5 year rankings. I hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                Funny. Your just avoiding the question and I did come over and talked to you and your dad sitting down. Who you think is going to win the two regional two games. I have LR and Delta. 31-21 and 49-38.
                My comment was meant as a compliment my friend. Your energy was through the roof all day.

Honestly as nice and impressive as the upgraded facilities were, the people were the best part of the day. everyone was gracious and we had an awesome time.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving have a blessed day. Much to be thankful for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                    Happy Thanksgiving have a blessed day. Much to be thankful for.
                    No doubt about it, with the football facilities upgrades and all. ;)
                    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X