Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Odom Resigns at Tusculum

Coach Odom resigned today as HC. Rumor is he has a D1 job offer.

What is the latest on CN hc?

Comment

TC will have to hire well. In my opinion them and Limestone are the most coach centric programs in the SAC.

Comment

Just saw on the Scoop that Western NC is going to hire Odom as their DC, I was thinking that Kerwin Bells some was the OC at TC for one year before Bell took over at WNC.

Comment

Any candidate rumors?

Comment

Interesting resignation letter.

From the article:

In that letter, he laid out some of the stark realities of being the head coach at the small, private Division II program located in east Tennessee.

Among the challenges he shares are having to sleep on couches in recruiting and only recruiting in areas where your coaches live to so they can save money, sharing the indoor facility with 24 other sports, and having to hire coaches 30 or younger because of the low salaries available. Those coaches will also have to wear multiple hats like painting the fields, helping with equipment and being an academic advisor to their players.

On a positive note, Odom shares that the next head coach will be set up with more resources and competitive scholarship packages, and raves about the leadership at the school, despite the many challenges.

https://footballscoop.com/news/d-ii-...ure-head-coach
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Billy Taylor from ETSU is new TU coach. He got passed over a couple times for the HC job at etsu

Comment

From reading the full announcement, it sure looks to me that TC hit a home run in Billy Taylor. Great experience tract record, knows the TN high school coaching ranks and is basically staying in the home territory.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X