Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling

So I have seen at two SAC teams, Wingate and Wise, looking for opponents for week 0 and 1 and 2, on the Scoop website, so I am guessing the scheduling agreement with the MEC fell through.

Has anyone seen any preliminary schedules out? I thought at some point I had seen a schedule for Anderson. I was thinking it was around March when LR revealed their schedule last year.

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
    So I have seen at two SAC teams, Wingate and Wise, looking for opponents for week 0 and 1 and 2, on the Scoop website, so I am guessing the scheduling agreement with the MEC fell through.

Has anyone seen any preliminary schedules out? I thought at some point I had seen a schedule for Anderson. I was thinking it was around March when LR revealed their schedule last year.
    Yes, Anderson has released their schedule but that's the only one I've seen. I too am wondering about the MEC agreement. I was never sure if it was mandatory or optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

Yes, Anderson has released their schedule but that's the only one I've seen. I too am wondering about the MEC agreement. I was never sure if it was mandatory or optional.
      I believe it was mandatory. Way it was going to work was whatever team had a bye week in each league (when both leagues were going to be at 11 schools) would play. With A-B closure that went to pasture

Comment

Mars Hill posted this morning they are looking for weeks 0-2.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I believe it was mandatory. Way it was going to work was whatever team had a bye week in each league (when both leagues were going to be at 11 schools) would play. With A-B closure that went to pasture
          Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Interesting! UNC Pembroke (Football) is a member of the MEC until 2025. Potential short road game for some schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

I thought the agreement with MEC didn't start until the 2025 season?

Comment

Originally posted by KDMS View Post

I thought the agreement with MEC didn't start until the 2025 season?
                That is correct. However, with the MEC being at 10 football schools by that point they won't need the extra game for team on the bye.

Comment

So it looks like Newberry has posted their 24 schedule, is Barton going to be an associate member of the SAC for football again in 24 before they go to the Carolinas Conference?

Comment

So it looks like Newberry has posted their 24 schedule, is Barton going to be an associate member of the SAC for football again in 24 before they go to the Carolinas Conference?
                    Yes.

Comment

Valdosta week one and Socha’s old team Keiser week two. Interesting start for the wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Yes.
                        Thanks. I couldn’t remember and couldn’t seem to locate anything on the internet about it.

Comment

It looks like CN is opening at WV State on August 31 and have Virginia-Lynchburg at home on September 5. While I am not usually a fan of having Lynchburg on the schedule. It might be a good early game under the new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post
                            It looks like CN is opening at WV State on August 31 and have Virginia-Lynchburg at home on September 5. While I am not usually a fan of having Lynchburg on the schedule. It might be a good early game under the new coach.
                            Honestly surprised....considering VUL destroyed the guest locker room last year. I'd never schedule them again personally.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Honestly surprised....considering VUL destroyed the guest locker room last year. I'd never schedule them again personally.
                              I would have rather see a good Division 2 opponent on the schedule such as Valdosta State or West Florida. A win against VUL shouldn't even count on the schedule.
                              Last edited by Eagle74; 02-18-2024, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X