Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soto off to Mercer

Just saw on X that Anthony Soto is joining Jacobs at Mercer. Not surprised. Not sure if he was up for the head job at LR or not. Maybe LR is getting close to announcing a new head coach.

Congratulations Coach Soto!!! He would have been a great option to stabilize (and retain potential recruits) the LR program as the Bear's new head coach.

Now the clock is really ticking!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
      Just saw on X that Anthony Soto is joining Jacobs at Mercer. Not surprised. Not sure if he was up for the head job at LR or not. Maybe LR is getting close to announcing a new head coach.
      He is one of three staffers that have went to Mercer, 4 will be Chaffee when he goes. Also have heard the DBs coach is going also so that would be 5 if he does as well

Comment

Haven’t seen Jacobs announce anything else on X other then Soto.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
          Haven’t seen Jacobs announce anything else on X other then Soto.
          They haven’t posted it yet but they are out of hickory. Figaro old WR coach, Orlosky old OL coach

Comment

Not surprising, OCs and DCs very rarely stay when a coach leaves. On the recruiting front, I’ve only seen one decommitment and several commitments since Jacobs left.

Interested in what was said on another thread about Furrey from Limestone. I love what that guy has done with the Saints. Could do huge things with more institutional support.
            Last edited by BEARS; 01-23-2024, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SACgrad View Post

They haven’t posted it yet but they are out of hickory. Figaro old WR coach, Orlosky old OL coach
              Ouch! Besides Coach Hornsby that includes some of LRs top recruiting coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Ouch! Besides Coach Hornsby that includes some of LRs top recruiting coaches.
                I guess your pretty excited right about now huh

Comment

87Bear, my oh my, what would make you think such a thing. Quiet the contrary, I feel your pain, and that pain grows more intense as the clock keeps ticking. However, there's a potential silver lining, you could be sitting there reading this as a Limestone fan. So yes, things could be worse.

Comment

It is well known on the team that Coach Soto and Coach Hornsby recruited over half of our roster. Losing Coach Soto is a huge loss in recruiting for the team. Coach Chaffee and Coach Hornsby both have great relationships with the players. A lot of guys that I have talked to have said that if both of them leave then they will enter the portal after spring ball is over. The simple fact is, keeping Chaffee and keeping remaining coaches on this staff is the only way to keep the roster from blowing up.

Comment

I appreciate all the Doom and Gloom but it does not have to be. The next Coach, if selected correctly, will keep all the top players. I know for a fact that some top notch assistant coaches from top programs are interested.
                      I mean if, lets say, a coach that had Harvard, Wake Forest, Navy on his resume and, let us just say, someone that interviewed for the Harvard Head Coaching Position TODAY was interest, would LR, Should LR being interested in talking with him if he does not get the Harvard job???

LR is a top D2 program with a few previous players in the NFL, one of the best facilities anywhere, why would we not be able to pick and chose?
                      I, for one, am so happy Jacobs and Soto are gone I can not hardly stand it.

And I sit in my seat at those games, as well as most away games, and I heard the unhappiness spewed from BIG BEAR CLUB Members for the entire time they bother have been at LR.
                      Have a little faith in KIM PATE and Dr Whit that they will find another Houston or Cronic. They are out there.

And last, who on here would not trade 3 Jacobs and 4 Soto's for one Cronic?
                      Last edited by BearFan1; 01-25-2024, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBears23 View Post
                        It is well known on the team that Coach Soto and Coach Hornsby recruited over half of our roster. Losing Coach Soto is a huge loss in recruiting for the team. Coach Chaffee and Coach Hornsby both have great relationships with the players. A lot of guys that I have talked to have said that if both of them leave then they will enter the portal after spring ball is over. The simple fact is, keeping Chaffee and keeping remaining coaches on this staff is the only way to keep the roster from blowing up.
                        Your analysis makes no sense. A very good 13-2 team with its nucleus coming back has the same or even better potential to be just as good or better than the 23 team. You have a strong brotherhood of players that really care for each other and that’s stronger than train smoke. Looking forward to a great season next year no matter who is calling the plays.

Comment

My analysis makes absolute sense and any one with any sense knows it. I will put my faith in Lenoir Rhyne Administration and players and the institution over a coach that you and others in the seats above mine where displayed your displeasure for Jacobs and Soto over and over and over.

And tell me exactly why a truly great coach would have no interest in Lenoir Rhyne.

You can try to insult me but you need to understand I will give it right back and more. You share you "fear" over a game or two but do not dare try to insult me.

Lenoir Rhyne had a great year. No doubt. But was it because of Jacob or In Spite of him and Soto? I am going with the players excelling.

And if I am so wrong, why has LR made no public announcement of his leaving? Not on LRBears.com, not in the Hickory Daily Record or anywhere else that I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                            My analysis makes absolute sense and any one with any sense knows it. I will put my faith in Lenoir Rhyne Administration and players and the institution over a coach that you and others in the seats above mine where displayed your displeasure for Jacobs and Soto over and over and over.

And tell me exactly why a truly great coach would have no interest in Lenoir Rhyne.

You can try to insult me but you need to understand I will give it right back and more. You share you "fear" over a game or two but do not dare try to insult me.

Lenoir Rhyne had a great year. No doubt. But was it because of Jacob or In Spite of him and Soto? I am going with the players excelling.

And if I am so wrong, why has LR made no public announcement of his leaving? Not on LRBears.com, not in the Hickory Daily Record or anywhere else that I can find.
                            Pretty sure he was referring to Bear23, not your post….

btw I’m with you. Haven’t been a huge Jacobs or soto fan, we’re going to get somebody big.

Comment

If he was, I need to apologize. I may have reacted a little strong. Thank you for pointing that out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X