Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socha to LR

According to scoop

Sounds good to me! Two straight national championship appearances at NAIA, defending national champion, spent some time as an assistant in the NFL, only one conference loss since 2019. Scoop seems to think that he’s bringing his DC with home, so presumably Chaffee to Mercer. Watch out SAC, there’s gonna be some south Florida boys coming up to hickory!

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
      According to scoop
      This is a fantastic hire for head coach and the bar was just raised by LR. Most knowledgeable coach of all positions I have read about. His resume is very very impressive.

Comment

Looks like to me LRU won the Lottery!!
        I predict with in a very short time the slogan at LRU with be: Mike Who?

From his resume, I believe it can be inferred that he knows about winning and what an coaching staff should look like. Now, 2024 and beyond looks really bright.
        Great job AD Pate and President Dr. Whit.

All that is left to say is: WHAT TIME IS IT???? Bear Time.

Comment

Another thought. I believe the Portal may really has just opened at LR. The Incoming Portal.

Comment

This is a good hire. A very good hire. Kudos to the Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
              Looks like to me LRU won the Lottery!!
              I predict with in a very short time the slogan at LRU with be: Mike Who?

From his resume, I believe it can be inferred that he knows about winning and what an coaching staff should look like. Now, 2024 and beyond looks really bright.
              Great job AD Pate and President Dr. Whit.

All that is left to say is: WHAT TIME IS IT???? Bear Time.
              You really hated Jacobs didn't you?

Comment

Moving from sunny Ft Lauderdale Florida to Hickory, I bet the family is simply ecstatic with this decision!!

Comment

I'm loving this hire even more since I know it is getting under Eagle74's skin. I mean CN had a great hire what a month ago and here you are posting crap already less then 24 hours after LR's hire. LR is living rent free in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    Moving from sunny Ft Lauderdale Florida to Hickory, I bet the family is simply ecstatic with this decision!!

Great point for his family is going to love this area. Does have to hunt shade every day in 100 degree temperatures. They are only one hour from snow skiing too and there daughter is coming to one of the top soccer high schools in the state not to mention the LR soccer programs are nationally ranked. The Jacobs liked Hickory so much they kept their lake house so they could come here during the summer. A report in a national magazine listed Hickory as the best place to live in the whole USA. We are getting people moving here from everywhere and especially Charlotte because of their congestion. I know these things because my wife owns a reality company here in Hickory.

Comment

Canadarian, Jacobs, it is fair to say, in my opinion, did nothing in his time at LR to prove that he was worthy of the position he held. There were ongoing problems in side his coaching ranks; problems with morale among players, sometimes even among those that started; could not recruit quality quarterbacks or running backs and even when they appeared on the squad he did not know how and when to use them; his offensive game plans were really so predictable that my brother-in-law would call them before the huddle broke; when you have on more than one occasion a player told a coach if they did not "back off" they were going to put them in the hospital; position coaches that went rough house on players more than one occasion; his relationship with the LR supporters was on the verge of complete crap;.....

Do you want me to go on?

Why do you think LR has not to this day made an announcement that he was leaving? I do not know. But my guess is it was not because he treated his leaving LR with respect and grace.

When a coach and his staff were given every opportunity in the world to represent the University with grace and class, and they treated the supporters with complete and total indifference, well , well, it really gets old after a while.

Just remember that I have said some teams win for and because of the coach, some win in spite of coach. I truly can not point to but one game in Jacobs time that I would say LR won because of the coaching. We won some games this past year by just luck. We lost the Wingate due to complete coaching break down. But wins and loses are not really my issue with Jacobs. It is the rest of it.

I could go on and on with examples but, you get the picture.

Comment

Hickory > South Florida. Read it and weep #facts

https://www.wcnc.com/article/life/hi...8-544d36a4635b

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                          Canadarian, Jacobs, it is fair to say, in my opinion, did nothing in his time at LR to prove that he was worthy of the position he held. There were ongoing problems in side his coaching ranks; problems with morale among players, sometimes even among those that started; could not recruit quality quarterbacks or running backs and even when they appeared on the squad he did not know how and when to use them; his offensive game plans were really so predictable that my brother-in-law would call them before the huddle broke; when you have on more than one occasion a player told a coach if they did not "back off" they were going to put them in the hospital; position coaches that went rough house on players more than one occasion; his relationship with the LR supporters was on the verge of complete crap;.....

Do you want me to go on?

Why do you think LR has not to this day made an announcement that he was leaving? I do not know. But my guess is it was not because he treated his leaving LR with respect and grace.

When a coach and his staff were given every opportunity in the world to represent the University with grace and class, and they treated the supporters with complete and total indifference, well , well, it really gets old after a while.

Just remember that I have said some teams win for and because of the coach, some win in spite of coach. I truly can not point to but one game in Jacobs time that I would say LR won because of the coaching. We won some games this past year by just luck. We lost the Wingate due to complete coaching break down. But wins and loses are not really my issue with Jacobs. It is the rest of it.

I could go on and on with examples but, you get the picture.
                          I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything just so everyone knows. But to your credit, you have been anti-Jacobs since almost Day 1 and I was just curious as to why. I didn't know if it was just him not meeting your expectations, or maybe you met him and it just didn't set or what. Again, I really do appreciate you taking the time to answer me and understanding where I was coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                            Hickory > South Florida. Read it and weep #facts

https://www.wcnc.com/article/life/hi...8-544d36a4635b
                            Greenville, SC at #3?!?! I mean.....hard pass. Knoxville being in the top 5 isn't surprising. Little too much pumpkin vomit orange for my liking though.

I grew up in Hickory. Wouldn't move back there solely because I grew up there but the way that city has grown over the past decade has been nice to see.

Comment

Also, maybe it's just me but I'd never, in a million years, purposefully choose to live in Florida. HARD PASS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X