Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Spring Game

Does anyone know what time the LR spring game is this Saturday? I know there is a Lacross match at 3:00 and other activities earlier in the day, but haven't found a clear answer on the website.

Game is at noon. I won't be able to be there, but please let us know on the message board everybody's thoughts on the team.

Comment

Despite the Spring Game being on April 13 and just before the end of tax season, I will be sick that day and not able to go help all those late eggheads that wait until the last minute to file. I know I should plan my sick days better but what can I say.

So where will I be attempting to recover from my sudden illness? HICKORY, with a few of my closest friends to assist me in my recovery. I am sure Coach Socha will provide just the right amount of medicine for my quick recovery.

I might even recover quickly enough to observe the progress our guys are making in beginning the process of having even a more success season than last season.

Comment

And the Spring Game starts at High Noon followed by a whole bunch of events from what I understand including a big tailgate affairs with players, coaches, etc being in attendance.

Comment

Lacrosse will be beating the tar out of Coker between the bricks at 3 as well. So be sure to stick around for that

Comment

Was not impressed one bit by the spring game

Comment

Originally posted by SACgrad View Post
              Was not impressed one bit by the spring game
              What wasn’t impressive about it? Very interested to get opinions from people who were able to make it!

Comment

I thought it looked like a typical sping game, nothing really stood out to give me a feeling about the upcoming season either postively or negatively. One kid got carted off, not sure who he was, but hopefully it wasn't something serious, had a neck brace on but was sitting up on the cart when he was taken from the field. I've always thought these games are hard to make heads or tails of, but hoping for a postive fall. I thought they were moving fast and pretty organized, but hard to judge from a scrimmage.

Does anyone know who decided to transfer or isn't with the program anymore? I was looking forward to seeing Lynch from North Surry on the field next year, but didn't see his name in the spring roster. He had some D1 offers prior to coming to LR and redshirted last year, so afaid he must not be there going forward. I also seen Kenses Davis, redshirt OL from Cherokee in the stands, he was on the spring roster. I asked him if he were playing this year and he said no- didn't elaborate further.

Comment

Did y'all see what Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss did for their spring game?

Inaugural "Grove Bowl Games": flag football game, a slam dunk contest, couple games of tug-of-war and a hot dog eating contest featuring none other than Joey Chestnut!

Comment

Originally posted by LRBearsfan View Post
                    I thought it looked like a typical sping game, nothing really stood out to give me a feeling about the upcoming season either postively or negatively. One kid got carted off, not sure who he was, but hopefully it wasn't something serious, had a neck brace on but was sitting up on the cart when he was taken from the field. I've always thought these games are hard to make heads or tails of, but hoping for a postive fall. I thought they were moving fast and pretty organized, but hard to judge from a scrimmage.

Does anyone know who decided to transfer or isn't with the program anymore? I was looking forward to seeing Lynch from North Surry on the field next year, but didn't see his name in the spring roster. He had some D1 offers prior to coming to LR and redshirted last year, so afaid he must not be there going forward. I also seen Kenses Davis, redshirt OL from Cherokee in the stands, he was on the spring roster. I asked him if he were playing this year and he said no- didn't elaborate further.
                    Lynch was kicked off the team. Not sure about Kensen Davis. Today would be the first day of guys hitting the portal now that spring ball is over. It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. I do have a feeling that Marvin will be losing his bet though and making SACgrad and GoBears23 rich men lol

Comment

FootballCoach thanks for sharing that about Lynch, I hate to hear that, think he could have been a good talent for the Bears. Hopefully we'll get the full scoop on transfers from someone before long.

Comment

Originally posted by LRBearsfan View Post
                        FootballCoach thanks for sharing that about Lynch, I hate to hear that, think he could have been a good talent for the Bears. Hopefully we'll get the full scoop on transfers from someone before long.
                        About 8-9 players in total have been removed from the team. Some have playing experience. Others not

Comment

Originally posted by FootballCoach View Post

Lynch was kicked off the team. Not sure about Kensen Davis. Today would be the first day of guys hitting the portal now that spring ball is over. It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. I do have a feeling that Marvin will be losing his bet though and making SACgrad and GoBears23 rich men lol
                          I have no doubt that Jahreese Lynch's phone is now blowing up from calls from other coaches (both football and basketball). We'll see where he ends up playing. Potential huge loss for the Bears.

Comment

Eagle74 100% agree, definitely could play D2 at either, probably D1 football. I had the opportunitiy to watch him dominate basketball locally purely off of athelticism, but he also is pretty skilled.

Comment

Lynch left LR In the Spring. While I do not know the exact reason, I do know that it had nothing to do with the current coaching staff. And yes he had committed to Coastal Carolina and had other D1 offers. With the lack of effective DB play the Bears had last year, Lynch could have helped and helped a lot.

As to the Spring Game, I have really thought a lot about what I saw and did not see. Please understand, these thoughts are mine and mine alone.

What I think happened was that in this Spring game, the coaching staff wanted to see a lot more of the #2's, #3's and #4's. McGee did not dress out (heard he was hurt), John Ross Maye played sparingly as did some other #1's.

Ferguson looked his usual "Special". Number 7 (do not know who he is) played a lot of QB and looked good but Ferguson is clearly Number 1. Was told Sean White went to graduate school else where. Running backs looked pretty good but not really anything special. That might have been by design but line play was not one of the strong points of the day.

Kicking game looked really poor/weak to me.

I did meet several recruits that were present for the events and from general discussions, my impression is that some of these guys may very well help the program a lot pretty quickly.
                              I understand there is a lot of excitement about the commitment of the Dudley QB.

Ex QB Willingham is on staff as is Amory (sp?) Houston. That was very nice to see that the new staff is embracing past LR outstanding players putting them in the coaching mix.

Another change that I noticed was the welcoming attitude of the new coaching staff to meet and talk with "the fans and supporters". It was refreshing and I think important for the future support of program to expand even more.

My only criticism of the day, and I am not sure this should even be mentioned or is fair, in my opinion, there was SO MUCH going on all over the campus, it was difficult to see how great the day was because the crowds were so spread out all over the campus. The parking lots were full. The supporters were definitely there. Just spread out.
                              A great day for LR, absolutely. I just wish that more supporters had been in the stands during the Spring Game. Not for me but for the show of support to the players and the new coaches.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X