Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post

That's great for him, glad to see he was able to make the jump up. Would be interested to know what kind of financial aid he will be getting and also how much playing time he gets.
    At that level it is all or nothing. I am assuming it is a full ride since he had so many full scholarship offers. It will be interesting to see if he plays or not. He is a very talented corner. Probably one of the best in D2. We will see if it translates to the ACC!

How scholarships work per level...

D1 FBS - 85 scholarships. (full ride or nothing. Can not be broken up). Pre season roster limit 105. No more than 130 on a team.
    D1 FCS - 63 equivalency's. (Can be broken up but most players are on full. Some are on half). Pre season roster limit 105. No more than 125 on a team.
    D2 - 36 equivalency's. (Can be broken up however the coaches want. Only top players receive full rides. The majority owe at least the Stafford loan of $5,500 per year. Combines Academic and need based scholarship with athletic scholarship). No roster limit.
    D3 - No athletic scholarship. No roster limit.
    NAIA - 24 equivalency's. Wild West. No rules. Do whatever you want

Comment

Kelin Parsons committed to Mercer

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
        JR if true is making a huge mistake. Need to check that self centered ego that’s messing up your legacy of three years. No future Hall of Fame.
        That LR 'Hall of Fame' recognition, aside from appeasing a hand full of people will get you a hotdog from Shake-n-Dog for $2.14. Now, meeting your ultimate true aspirations will be priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

That LR 'Hall of Fame' recognition, aside from appeasing a hand full of people will get you a hotdog from Shake-n-Dog for $2.14. Now, meeting your ultimate true aspirations will be priceless.
          I'm just curious where we can get 2.14 hot dogs in this economy!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I'm just curious where we can get 2.14 hot dogs in this economy!
            For years they were $2.14 but they've had a slight price increase (like everything else in the past few years), they're now $2.69 at Shake-N-Dog, not to far from LR's campus. Even at $2.69 they're pretty good.
            Last edited by Eagle74; 05-10-2024, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Very disrespectful comment on LR Eagle 74. Doesn’t really surprise me though for you have always liked to stir the pot.

Comment

Dwayne McGee is officially a Mercer Bear.

Comment

Xavier Jennings to Mercer

Comment

No surprises with guys signing at Mercer, makes sense, just like the guys coming to LR from Keiser. I would not be surprised to see JRM go there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      Very disrespectful comment on LR Eagle 74. Doesn’t really surprise me though for you have always liked to stir the pot.
                      Not really when you realize that somethings are so overblown and hyped up beyond what is important in life. I would say that a player's overall happiness would rank a lot higher in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

No surprises with guys signing at Mercer, makes sense, just like the guys coming to LR from Keiser. I would not be surprised to see JRM go there as well.
                        Mercer has 2 all conference LB's returning. I doubt they are in need of a 1 year LB. Jon Ross currently does not even hold an offer from Mercer.

Comment

Offers
                          Jon Ross Maye - Kansas State, Coastal Carolina, UTEP, Buffalo, WKU, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, Utah State, Tennessee State, Missouri State, EKU, WCU, GWU, Stony Brook, Samford, Hampton
                          DJ Taylor - Findlay, Delta State, Mars Hill, Alabama A&M, Tiffin, Limestone, Allen, Texas Southern, Alcorn State, Benedict, Johnson C Smith
                          Luke Gilbertson - Fairmont State, Concord, Bluefield State, Emory & Henry, Kentucky Wesleyan
                          Jusean Parks - Newberry, Garden City (Juco), Concord
                          Will Montgomery - Elizabeth City State, Fayetteville State, Concord
                          Malachi Howell - Stetson

Committed
                          Xavier Jennings - Mercer
                          C'Darius Kelley - Wake Forest
                          Ryan Frans - Valdosta State
                          Toney Black - Washburn
                          Dwayne Mcgee - Mercer
                          Kelin Parsons - Mercer
                          Joel Hunt - Elizabeth City State
                          Malachi Sumner - Virginia Union

no offers: Jeremiah Penick

Comment

Originally posted by FootballCoach View Post

Mercer has 2 all conference LB's returning. I doubt they are in need of a 1 year LB. Jon Ross currently does not even hold an offer from Mercer.
                            I didn't say he held an offer, I just said I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. If I wrong so be it, it'll be ok.

Comment

I didn't say he held an offer, I just said I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. If I wrong so be it, it'll be ok.
                              I’m not sure why you are getting defensive? I was just stating that the odds of him getting offered were slim for that reason…

Comment

Two items:
                                1st: Any chance that with all the portal guys giving up whatever LR scholarship they had, could LR step up and offer Maye a full ride to keep him here? Or has that bridge been burnt?

2nd: I am a little disappointed that other than what we hear on D2, we hear NOTHING about what is happening at LR anywhere else. To the point that I was talking with an AllState High School Player Defensive Player of the 2022 State Championship Game who has several D2 offers; an FCS offer; and was being recruited heavily by Duke until the coaching change; and was 0.2 of a point on weighted GPA average to being ad Harvard: sent information to LR Recruiting Coordinator and have heard NOTHING. He told me he would really like to come here and he would solve all kicking problems LR has the minute he steps on campus as well as would be in the mix as a starting WR and/or DB.

I have been very positive and vocally supportive of the new coaching group BUT the absolute lack of information from them to the Bear Football Nation, the Bears Club, and to my knowledge anyone else, is not really sitting well with some of us.

Lack of information or updates is Not a good way to build support.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X