Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Carolinas and SIAC

Conference Carolinas and SIAC Unveil Unique and Beneficial Collaboration in Football - SIAC (thesiac.com)

The Conference Carolinas and the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) have entered into a truly unique and beneficial collaboration in football.

The agreement articulates that two Conference Carolinas institutions that do not qualify for the 2025 conference championship will travel to two SIAC institutions that do not qualify for their league championship during week 11 of the season on Saturday, November 15, 2025.

The partnership continues in 2026, with two SIAC institutions not qualifying for their conference championship, traveling to two Conference Carolinas institutions who do not advance to the league championship game during week 11 of the season on Saturday, November 14, 2026.

What are yall thoughts?

The biggest news to me here is that a 6-team conference is going to have a championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      The biggest news to me here is that a 6-team conference is going to have a championship game.
      I almost wonder if this means they expect to bring in more football playing members in the near future, because it just doesn't make sense to me otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

I almost wonder if this means they expect to bring in more football playing members in the near future, because it just doesn't make sense to me otherwise
        Yeah they must be bring more teams into the fold. Because you right it doesn't make much sense. Don't know much about the Conference carolinas, which teams will be fielding football teams?

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post

Yeah they must be bring more teams into the fold. Because you right it doesn't make much sense. Don't know much about the Conference carolinas, which teams will be fielding football teams?
          Conference Carolinas football will feature Barton, Chowan, Erskine, UNC Pembroke, North Greenville and Shorter in the 2025 season. But like you guys stated, they must be bringing in more teams before the '25 season rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post

North Greenville, UNC Pembroke, Barton, Chowan, Shorter and Erskine.

NGU has struggled since going to the GSC and has had 2 postseason appearances in 22 years in D2. Truly hard to tell how good they've been due to scheduling but they were the best of these 6 teams last year talent wise.

Pembroke has had a couple quality seasons and has a good coach. I think they had .ore talent when Shinnick was there and were playing better teams. They and NGU will 1-2.

Barton has a tremendous back but faded like a fart after starting 5-1 including a win over SAC mountain winner Tusculum.

Frankly, Shorter, Chowan and Erskine are tomato cans.

Comment

There might be some Conference Carolina members that may look at adding football but I havent asked around. Id be down for it. More D2 football schools is good. I believe they'll be up to 15 full members in 2025. I hVe heard though they have 2-3 members possibly looking elsewhere to join.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

North Greenville, UNC Pembroke, Barton, Chowan, Shorter and Erskine.

NGU has struggled since going to the GSC and has had 2 postseason appearances in 22 years in D2. Truly hard to tell how good they've been due to scheduling but they were the best of these 6 teams last year talent wise.

Pembroke has had a couple quality seasons and has a good coach. I think they had .ore talent when Shinnick was there and were playing better teams. They and NGU will 1-2.

Barton has a tremendous back but faded like a fart after starting 5-1 including a win over SAC mountain winner Tusculum.

Frankly, Shorter, Chowan and Erskine are tomato cans.
                That's another thing. They say that teams above .500 will get priority consideration for these games, but if this is your 6 team lineup, and you're already sending your 2 best teams to the conference championship... Will there even be any .500 teams left to choose from??

Comment

This is a great idea. I've been saying for years that the CIAA and SIAC should have had an agreement like this for Week 11. Seeing as the SIAC has this in place with the CC, it now makes me think that the CIAA was the one who wasn't forward thinking in getting this type of agreement in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

That's another thing. They say that teams above .500 will get priority consideration for these games, but if this is your 6 team lineup, and you're already sending your 2 best teams to the conference championship... Will there even be any .500 teams left to choose from??
                    I was thinking the same thing. The other two teams may not will not be that good.

Comment

Adding this year's very impressive UNCP signing class (which may be the best in Division 2 football) to a 7-3 team which returns most of their starters, it looks as though second year Head Coach Mark Hall is on the verge of potentially building a long term powerhouse program in the region.

https://www.robesonian.com/sports/29...-signing-class

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X