Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I think it will be a good game. Obviously Harding defense is going to be a big challenge. Reddies need to get off to a fast start. HSU has played pretty well up there in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post

I think it will be a good game. Obviously Harding defense is going to be a big challenge. Reddies need to get off to a fast start. HSU has played pretty well up there in the past.
        Not quite the same reddies..

Comment

Wait, last year you got all pissed off when halfway through the season I pointed out concerns about OBU's defense when it came to the POs. You kept going back to the Scoring D stat, and I pointed out how the stats have to be taken in context. Then you and Fred went around on here and on other boards within the forum claiming I hated OBU (without any shred of proof) all because I provided an analysis, based off what I had seen, that you disagreed with.

Now you're claiming HSU O's success has to be put in context, i.e., the same argument I made about OBU's D last year. Good grief man, that's just intellectually dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

Wait, last year you got all pissed off when halfway through the season I pointed out concerns about OBU's defense when it came to the POs. You kept going back to the Scoring D stat, and I pointed out how the stats have to be taken in context. Then you and Fred went around on here and on other boards within the forum claiming I hated OBU (without any shred of proof) all because I provided an analysis, based off what I had seen, that you disagreed with.

Now you're claiming HSU O's success has to be put in context, i.e., the same argument I made about OBU's D last year. Good grief man, that's just intellectually dishonest.

I'm here for this.

Comment

Comment

Using your logic, what is there to praise after 3 weeks? Especially when the last 2 games were against weak opponents.

As for last year, here let me help you out.

I pointed out long before the POs that Ouachita had an improved defense, but not one that could fuel a deep PO run. I pointed out that the Ouachita defense was capable of winning a PO game against a GLVC opponent, but not capable of beating a GLIAC or MIAA opponent.
                Here is what I wrote at the midpoint last season.
                With six games down, we are a little past the halfway mark on the season. After having watched most of the games to this point, here are my quick, basic assessments of the top four teams in the current GAC standings. Feel free to chime on the thread and even add teams I didn't cover.

Ouachita
                Your insightful reply.
                Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                Re: Midseason Thoughts

#1 in scoring defense in the country, but not a good one. Sounds about right. Can always count on Armo to say good things about Ouachita!

My counter, expounding on my original point.
                Re: Midseason Thoughts

You're right OBU is the #1 scoring defense, OBU is also the #33 total defense. As I pointed out elsewhere in my post, stats can be misleading. I agree that turnovers are part of the game, so are penalties and miscues. Using this past week's game as example, can you honestly say that OBU stopped HU's offense? Both the fumble and the penalty cost HU potential game winning scores, neither was caused by the OBU defense, yet both will be reflected in the scoring defense stat.

Let me ask you this, do you think giving up 347 yards & 21 first downs to SE, 432 yards and 24 first downs to ATU, and 308 yards and 18 first downs to HU is actually lining up and stopping their offenses? I don't think it is. OBU stopped them because they took advantage of those three teams offensive mistakes. Yes, it's part of the game, however, PO caliber offenses don't tend to make mistakes left-and-right, week after week in the playoffs--otherwise they wouldn't make PO runs. As I've said before, typically it takes more than just being opportunistic to make deep playoff runs, it takes being able to line up and stop the opposing offense consistently without the aid of their mistakes.

As for SE & SAU, yes they have garnered more turnovers than OBU. However, both SE & SAU have also turned the ball over more times than OBU, which explains in part why they have given up more points on average than OBU. It also points to what I've been saying about OBU, they are a highly opportunistic team that makes opponents pay for their mistakes. The fact is OBU has turned being opportunistic into a fine art, which is a testament to the coaching that they are able to be consistently opportunistic year after year. However, being opportunistic is not the same as being good, i.e., able to line up and stop opposing offenses stonecold, without the assistance of the opposing teams' mistakes.
                Actual PO results from last year: https://obutigers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=135

Now, if someone would be so kind as to remind OBUGrad what conference UIndy plays in, and what conference Ferris plays in, I would be much obliged.
                Last edited by Armo Wood; 09-23-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                  My guess is that was after 8-9 weeks, not 3.
                  Armo's post "Wait, last year you got all pissed off when halfway through the season I pointed out concerns about OBU's defense when it came to the POs".

I think someone missed something here.

Comment

Oh while were on the subject of grudges how about this little bit of history.

Here was you, OBUGrad, insinuating that my not posting was due to some sort of hatred, and then Fred jumped on your little bandwagon.
                    Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                    Re: Indy at OBU

Armo is hoping Ferris saves his reputation.
                    Redready kindly pointed out what was going on
                    Originally posted by Redready View Post

Actually Armo has been dealing with some health issues. So.....Prayers for him...
                    Unlike you, Fred at least had the decency to be a human being.
                    Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post

Didn't know that. Praying for a speedy recovery.
                    So you're cool with insinuating that my late season absence last year, which was due to chronic health issues, had to do with me not wanting to wish the best for Ouachita or not acknowledge Ouachita having won a playoff game. I have yet to hear an apology or even an acknowledgement that my analysis was just that, an analysis, and not ill will. Nor, have I seen any willingness on your part to admit you overstepped.

I'm sorry that my chronic health issues got in the way of your emotional football needs that are deeply rooted in insecurities about your team.

What's laughable is that you have the audacity to claim I hold a grudge. Please save your holier than thou self-rightness for clowns that don't know better.
                    Last edited by Armo Wood; 09-23-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Goodness gracious. This is rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                        Goodness gracious. This is rich.
                        I love football season and the message board.

Comment

Oh while were on the subject of grudges how about this little bit of history.

Here was you, OBUGrad, insinuating that my not posting was due to some sort of hatred, and then Fred jumped on your little bandwagon.

Redready kindly pointed out what was going on

Unlike you, Fred at least had the decency to be a human being.

So you're cool with insinuating that my late season absence last year, which was due to chronic health issues, had to do with me not wanting to wish the best for Ouachita or not acknowledge Ouachita having won a playoff game. I have yet to hear an apology or even an acknowledgement that my analysis was just that, an analysis, and not ill will. Nor, have I seen any willingness on your part to admit you overstepped.

I'm sorry that my chronic health issues got in the way of your emotional football needs that are deeply rooted in insecurities about your team.

What's laughable is that you have the audacity to claim I hold a grudge. Please save your holier than thou self-rightness for clowns that don't know better.

Comment

Let's be clear. I don't have a problem if you disagree with my analysis or takes. I do have a big problem when you, or anybody else, make false claims and insinuations about me--that goes to respect and integrity.

For the record, I don't think you're a moron. I do think you love your Alma Mater to the hilt, and get carried away sometimes.

Comment

Comment

You hurt his feelings, Grad

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X