Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its probabaly been said 10,000 times, but I sure wish somehow they could get college game day to come someday for this one. I mean, how many other college rivalries have one opponent walk to the game? And for both to be top 25 it would make for an awesome and unique gameday. They went to an FCS school this year. Either North Dakota State or South Dakota state. Cant remember which one.

I cant imagine this not being an awesome game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigworm View Post
      I know its probabaly been said 10,000 times, but I sure wish somehow they could get college game day to come someday for this one. I mean, how many other college rivalries have one opponent walk to the game? And for both to be top 25 it would make for an awesome and unique gameday. They went to an FCS school this year. Either North Dakota State or South Dakota state. Cant remember which one.

I cant imagine this not being an awesome game.
      I would like that too. In 2013 the game was one of the best games in the history of the BOTR and it was a day that the Razorbacks did not play. We had good coverage in the state and sports front page the next day, in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. Since the Razorbacks don't play Saturday ( and who cares if they do), we could have some media coverage. UCA is playing. So, let's see how that goes.

Comment

Whew!! Didn't miss anything. Left to go to our small town Veterans day parade. It was cold but, happy verterans day to those who served. Thank You.

Comment

OBU averages 8.7 yards per completions as opposed to HSU 7.7. That all ya got? We have had plenty of 3rd and longs.
          I like looking at stats. I am sure that a few will show up here this week on the board. :) I think folks should also post their best picture from a previous BOTR. Both things could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
            Whew!! Didn't miss anything. Left to go to our small town Veterans day parade. It was cold but, happy verterans day to those who served. Thank You.
            Amen to that!!! Thank God for our brave sodliers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post

I like looking at stats. I am sure that a few will show up here this week on the board. :) I think folks should also post their best picture from a previous BOTR. Both things could be fun.

Comment

OBU averages 8.7 yards per completions as opposed to HSU 7.7. That all ya got? We have had plenty of 3rd and longs.

Comment

I didnt attend OBU. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Comment

I didnt attend OBU. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Comment

My son attends OBU. I was just a poor country boy who cared more about girls and fun than college. Haha. But I taught my kids better. I wasnt saying our passing game was better. I was just arguing that our pass completion average was for better than the 5 yards you mentioned. I just threw HSU stat in for fun. Its gonna be a great game and HSU is certainly capable of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                        hrowing the ball 12 times a game
                        Hey now...we throw the ball 17 times a game!!

In all seriousness, I've been saying all year that Ouachita could throw the ball more if they had to, but heck when you are picking up 5.3 yards a carry running the ball you don't have to pass. Just ask Harding. Combine that with the fact that in multiple games this year the game was in control at halftime and they didn't really attempt a pass in the second half.

Henderson is going to want to be a vertical passing game, and Ouachita wants to run. It worked great for both of them all year. Ready to see who can impose their will on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Hey now...we throw the ball 17 times a game!!

In all seriousness, I've been saying all year that Ouachita could throw the ball more if they had to, but heck when you are picking up 5.3 yards a carry running the ball you don't have to pass. Just ask Harding. Combine that with the fact that in multiple games this year the game was in control at halftime and they didn't really attempt a pass in the second half.

Henderson is going to want to be a vertical passing game, and Ouachita wants to run. It worked great for both of them all year. Ready to see who can impose their will on Saturday.

Comment

I think that is what ReddieMade is trying to point out. IF and he is specific, IF you can get a team who does not throw the ball much, to need/have to throw ( be forced to do things they don't want to do), then we will see how that goes for them. Because what you guys are saying is correct. IF you don't need to, don't. Makes sense. OBU does throw the ball more than HU and they will probably do fine if they need to. But, again the point was to get the other team doing something they don't normally do. Be uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                              Reminds me of build up to 2014 between two undefeated teams.
                              I just paid good attention to this post. Actually the Reddies had a loss already by the time of the BOTR in 2014. HU beat us in week 8. 28 HU - 24 HSU. HU scored late in the 4th qtr. and left the Reddies 17 seconds to do something. Gee thanks. So just like the 2014 year, OBU is undefeated and HSU has one loss. Since Divisiontwo will probably make me relive that monemt in 2014 the rest of my life, I will bring up the last drive that OBU/Keihl Frazier had late in the 4th qtr. in Searcy in 2014, to take them to OT. HU gets the ball 1st in OT and fumbles the ball on their 1st play. OBU goes on to win with a FG in OT.
                              Here is the recap video - Warning you may want to turn volume down. HAHA
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IvJLWx44I
                              I feel better bringing up that game in Searcy. LOL

The 3 top teams in the GAC seem to be playing well and I expect this to be a good game.
                              Last edited by Redready; 11-12-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Still can't believe Frazier got the ball through that window. I thought we had two guys in position to make play on ball in the end zone. I don't mind that one nearly as bad as the last two. They made a play to beat us that year fair and square. Unreal football game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X