Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

3 of those guys i saw were texas kids....color me shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

3 of those guys i saw were texas kids....color me shocked.

Comment

the game we watched, they were getting whooped and were being a lil "thuggish" at the end. i thought it may have been a rivalry thing...maybe not.

Comment

the game we watched, they were getting whooped and were being a lil "thuggish" at the end. i thought it may have been a rivalry thing...maybe not.

Comment

SEO. we were at the OKBU game...sorry bro, emporia isn't the only team recruiting him lol.

Comment

Comment

SEO. we were at the OKBU game...sorry bro, emporia isn't the only team recruiting him lol.
                  Oh your talking about an entirely different game. Makes since though. They acted the same at the end of this one.

Comment

Sounds like the live united game was a good one. Wish I would have watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      Sounds like the live united game was a good one. Wish I would have watched it.
                      Yeah you missed a good one.

Comment

Just curious on who this is referring to being recruited? A coach? Player? Seriously asking.

Comment

My kid. Seo has not even contacted him. Everyone else in Kansas and Oklahoma has but not

Comment

My kid. Seo has not even contacted him. Everyone else in Kansas and Oklahoma has but not
                            Because SEO doesn't know talent.

Comment

We come from NM and my son played QB for a high school coach that did not believe in the forward pass. So the only way I could get him noticed was to hit as many camps as possible. We went to 34 different schools in 2 summers. He recieved 7 of his 9 offers at camps. As a matter of fact he got his offer from SE at a University of North Texas camp. The SE coaching staff was there working the camp as guest coaches and noticed him. Also used Twitter to follow as many coaches as possible in our area and then dm them his film just to get more eyes on him. I had to put in a lot of time and money because of where we come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post

We come from NM and my son played QB for a high school coach that did not believe in the forward pass. So, the only way I could get him noticed was to hit as many camps as possible. We went to 34 different schools in 2 summers. He received 7 of his 9 offers at camps. As a matter of fact he got his offer from SE at a University of North Texas camp. The SE coaching staff was there working the camp as guest coaches and noticed him. Also used Twitter to follow as many coaches as possible in our area and then dm them his film just to get more eyes on him. I had to put in a lot of time and money because of where we come from.
                                that's great. glad he got on. we had a similar situation the first time around. the oldest had an oline coach in high school that played WR in high school but played nothing in college. he wuz purty good as teachin tha pass blockin. it's pretty tough for to prove a 6'2" 245 lb olineman is worthy of a scholarship when he is unbeatable at a board drill but can barely stop a speed rush. multiple skill camps, multiple team camps, multiple coaching contacts later he ended up on the radar for the MIAA. we didn't know a whole bunch of anything about D2 at all. we were just trying to get him a scholly of any kind to anywhere. we found out pretty quickly size matters when it comes to recruiting and our high school is a freaking merry go round of high school coaches so no one ever comes to look our kids. anyway, he got preferred walk on letters from Kansas state, Mizzou, OU and Tulsa but wanted to earn a scholly AND didnt want to wait 4 years to play. what no one looked at was the fact that he was a 2 time all-American and national championship wrestler at Heavyweight in high school. it was not in his best interest to get heavy just to please potential college coaches. he was working for a heavyweight wrestling state championship. there were only two people who knew this. Josh Lattimer (at NSU at the time) and nick bobeck (formerly of UCO) UCO showed up one day to practice and then the spring scrimmage and called that same night and offered. the day after, he got offers from several Oklahoma schools not named OU or OSU or TULSA and all but UNK NWMSU and western Missouri offered from the MIAA in the following weeks. GAC showed up after that.

this younger one has been fairly easy. name recognition (that he hates) and his size/position he plays makes him much more marketable. ( it's a great deal easier to sell a 6'3 240 Dlineman than a 6'2 245 olineman lol) instead of waiting until senior year for the coach, we got on the trail for the youngest in his sophomore year. true to form, our high school has had 3 different head coaches since the oldest graduated. there's 6 years difference between the two boys. clearly not enough time for rapport to be built.

i said all that to say it's been much easier for us and much more relaxing. weve been able to sit back and watch games and really study up on the schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X