Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs - Round 2 - Northwest Missouri State @ Harding

The Bearcats had a really balanced effort against Central Washington today with over 200 yds. passing and 200+ rushing. The Bisons played tough in Maryville last year in a 7-6 loss. Both teams seem to have better offenses this year. I think it will come down to which team can get get their defense off the field when they need to. NW defense is the best I’ve ever seen at stopping the Flexbone. NW had the ball over 35 minutes on offense against CW. We’ll see how they do in Searcy, AR with half that TOP.

Harding 14
    NWMSU 17

This game is essentially a coin flip.

I would hate to be a fan of either team. I'd have to a valium beforehand because every single snap and inch in this contest will be meaningful.

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
      Harding 14
      NWMSU 17

This game is essentially a coin flip.

I would hate to be a fan of either team. I'd have to a valium beforehand because every single snap and inch in this contest will be meaningful.
      My conference biased MIAA observations - I wish I got to see more of the Harding defense vs WU. But we didn't because they held them to 12 minutes time of possession, and held them to three an outs all day. Plus WU abandoned the run immediately. NW dline is more stout to stop the run than Washburn (considerably) . NW offense isn't anything great, but solid, they have a bell cow back that transferred in this year. He can truly wear a defense down. If all things are equal and you force the NW qb to win the game with his arm, he will not. Excited to see this matchup

Comment

Northwest possessing the ball for only 17.5 minutes won’t happen.

Comment

For NW fans making the trip, what are the best places to eat in Searcy?

Comment

Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
            Take the 2nd dirt road past the only light in Searcy. It will be the 4th trailer home on the left - that has a sign that says fresh bison burgers. Not sure if running water is there yet.

Go Cats

Comment

Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
              Food scene leaves a little to be desired. Rock house is close to campus. Typical American fare. Has alcohol. Which isn’t always the case. Dry county, as crazy as that sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Take the 2nd dirt road past the only light in Searcy. It will be the 4th trailer home on the left - that has a sign that says fresh bison burgers. Not sure if running water is there yet.

Go Cats
                The waterlines just got installed! We don't have any lead or natural gas pollutants in it though, if any Michigan folks were trying to get a taste of home.

Comment

You guys have stoplights? I just ride my horse everywhere...

Comment

Is Searcy pronounced ‘sur-see’ or ‘seer-see’?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                      Is Searcy pronounced ‘sur-see’ or ‘seer-see’?
                      The southern way to say it is sur-see. No clue if that’s accurate or not. But I can’t say seer-see without feeling I’m imitating a northern accent.

Comment

i expect this game to be highly competitive with points at a premium

bigsig’s score sounds about right with either team winning

we have a lot of uncertainty around our qb situation

watching your game from lw as we speak

harding lines look stout we will have our hands full, i like your front

until they add some balance to that offense harding will never win a nc (we aren’t winning it ty either). 15/40 is absurd in 2021. not saying we will beat you as our offense has problems and we routinely miss extra points (fgs are lol). but somebody’s going to

if hohensee were healthy i wouldn’t worry about this game but that is not reality. this is a very good football team in spite of the absurdity of throwing 4 passes a game. should be fun and a heck of a hard nosed battle.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                          i expect this game to be highly competitive with points at a premium

bigsig’s score sounds about right with either team winning

we have a lot of uncertainty around our qb situation

watching your game from lw as we speak

harding lines look stout we will have our hands full, i like your front

until they add some balance to that offense harding will never win a nc (we aren’t winning it ty either). 15/40 is absurd in 2021. not saying we will beat you as our offense has problems and we routinely miss extra points (fgs are lol). but somebody’s going to

if hohensee were healthy i wouldn’t worry about this game but that is not reality. this is a very good football team in spite of the absurdity of throwing 4 passes a game. should be fun and a heck of a hard nosed battle.
                          I don’t necessarily disagree. Would like to see more balance. But the change to the triple is why we’re here. It’s been nothing but great for us.

That said, I’m not sure I agree with it either. We played you guys up there to 7-6 last time. 2 point conversion away from winning. With backup QB playing last 3 quarters.

We had a chance to beat commerce in the semifinals there with back up QB playing the whole game. Found that out day or 2 before kickoff. They ended up winning it. Who can we not beat doing what we do?

Comment

we were a very flawed team offensively in 2019 and haven’t been elite since 2016. scoring 6 points proves my point.

to answer your question i think it’s bc there will always be somebody who can slow you down just enough when yer that pass adverse. our defense probably has the chops as it has in the past but this version could get worn down (?). idk that we’ll be able to move it much your d looks good to me. re: the commerce ex you did get beat. if we get good qb play we will be in good shape but i have no confidence that’s going to necessarily occur. so there again answering that question there’s always been somebody.

I’m not suggesting harding abandon the system or even necessarily change it much, just need to add some balance to it throwing the ball. gotta be able to convert some 3rd and longs at some point if not this weekend.

but that team with the ability to run a 2min drill and get the ball down the field efficiently even just a quarter of the time with that defense would be a bear to deal with, bc it’s not like it’s easy now.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

I don’t necessarily disagree. Would like to see more balance. But the change to the triple is why we’re here. It’s been nothing but great for us.

That said, I’m not sure I agree with it either. We played you guys up there to 7-6 last time. 2 point conversion away from winning. With backup QB playing last 3 quarters.

We had a chance to beat commerce in the semifinals there with back up QB playing the whole game. Found that out day or 2 before kickoff. They ended up winning it. Who can we not beat doing what we do?
                              So far, Northwest Missouri, but that may change this weekend. Harding killed the team that beat Northwest.

Without being snarky and say a team only plays a single game every week, I don't think the question is beating a single team, but beating multiple teams in a row. Plus, you mentioned twice that you had a backup quarterback playing. That can be an issue in that offense as well.

I had another thought which caused me to look up Harding's playoff history.

0-1
                              L 7-6 Northwest Missouri

0-1
                              L 21-19 Ferris State

3-1
                              W 27-24 Indianapolis
                              W 34-24 Ashland
                              W 16-14 Ferris State
                              L 31-17 Texas A&M-Commerce

2-1
                              W 48-31 Central Missouri
                              W 27-24 Sioux Falls
                              L 35-0 Northwest Missouri

0-0

0-1
                              L 59-42 Pittsburg State

0-0

0-1
                              L 35-0 Northwest Missouri

The offense typically doesn't allow for huge leads in the playoffs, which means games can sometimes come down to a single mistake. There is a smaller margin of error.

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X