Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Predictions for 2022 Season

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Early Predictions for 2022 Season

    I wanted to give this board some life. So let's start talking about the 2022 season. A long way to go but looking at what's coming back for each team and who these teams have picked up recruiting-wise, these are my predictions. Would love yours.

    1. Harding - They will just continue to reload and not miss a beat. Interested to see how they are without Chancey. Maybe a few teams get lucky early.
    2. Ouachita - Same story. Without a few playmakers on both sides, but surely they will find a better QB
    3. East Central - 20 starters back. Went and got some transfers it looks like, maybe the year an Oklahoma team finally pulls it off.
    4. Henderson State - No proven QB and no Curry. Who knows.
    5. SAU - Wouldn't be surprised if SAU is most improved team. They have the talent.
    6. Southeastern - Not quite as good of a team as 2021 but still solid.
    7. UAM - Still average
    8. Oklahoma Baptist - Lose all but 1 playmaker. I think they take a little tumble.
    9. Arkansas Tech - who knows.
    10. Swosu - slightly better but still swosu
    11. Nwosu - yikes
    12. SNU - worse yikes

  • #2
    I think Ouachita will finish first, ahead of Harding. Just a gut feeling.

    ​​​​​​
    Last edited by crixus; 01-07-2022, 02:46 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks OnceATiger for keeping us going. I’m not exactly sure how many starters return for my Bisons in 2022. I know for 2021 there were 13 seniors, 17 juniors, 20 sophomores and 64 freshmen (from the 2020 and 2021 signing classes). Replacing our All-Conference/All-Region fullback, Cole Chancey, is a sophomore, named Blake Delacruz. He played a lot in the second half of the season and looked impressive, especially in the Henderson game. Most all of our slot backs are back. We graduated an All-American left tackle on offense. Because Harding rotates two-offensive lines all season I think we’ll be OK there. Not sure about the defense. Maybe some others can comment. Other than loosing Chancey, I think our biggest question is quarterback. Harding doesn’t usually have a great athlete at QB but in 2022 we won’t have an experienced QB like we’ve had the two years.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here’s my prediction on how the GAC will finish in 2022:

        Ouachita - Always well coached. Will figure out how solve their inability to throw the ball from last year
        Harding - Rebuilding on offense but will still have the best defense
        Henderson - Always loaded with talent. I expect an improved defense
        SEOSU - Will continue to improve. Could win it all
        ECU - Surprised a few folks last year. Could continue to improve, especially on offense
        SAU - I agree. Could be the most improved team of 2022. Don’t see how they could do worse.
        OK Baptist - Rebuilding on offense. Always surprised as to why their defense is so porous
        ATU - Will be much improved on defense
        UAM - I have no idea
        NWOSU - Talented. We’ll see
        SWOSU - New coaching staff. Could improve to finish in the middle of the pack
        SNU - I have no idea

        Comment


        • #5
          Harding - Has a great and experienced defense coming back, offense will be as consistent as always. There are a few questions but the coaches don't put players on the field that they can not trust.
          Ouachita - OBU is always over-hyped, they didn't play in a bowl game which could have exposed them for who they really were. I am only placing them this high because... I don't know, they don't deserve it.
          Henderson - They played well against the rest of the conference except Harding. I expect they wont do as well because of the loss of their keg of a QB and all American receiver.
          OK Baptist - No one gives them the respect that they have earned over the past couple years... These dudes can play and I think the reign of Arkansas dominance is almost over. OKBU might be the lesser of 2 Bisons but they have a great team.
          SEOSU - Transfer central university. I think they won games they shouldn't have and looked better than they were. I wouldn't be surprised if they are better or worse than my prediction of middle of the pack.
          ECU - They have a good squad but not better than other teams in the league.
          SAU - OH BOY. Muleriders have another tough year and go .500
          ATU - Tech makes is easy to crap on them. They play to the level of their opponent and I don't think they will be much better this year than they were last year.
          SNU - They did beat HU in 17 so who knows.
          UAM - The amount of athletes they had last year should of helped them win more games but we know how that went.
          SWOSU - they will do better than 0-11
          NWOSU - They had 1 good interior Dlineman but they aren't very good besides him.

          Comment


          • #6
            1. Harding - Doesn't matter who they lose on offense, the system is good enough to work no matter what. The defense is the real weapon. They got a lot of guys back, so they will likely be playoff bound again.
            2. Henderson - Even though they lose their QB and WR, They will still be good.
            3. SEOSU - Probably way too early for this depending on their player situations, but if they keep everyone they can keep, SEOSU will again be a very good football team this year.
            4. Ouachita - I was not impressed with Ouachita at all last year. They had better figure some things out on offense, or it might be a rough season. I almost put ECU ahead of them, but I will give OBU the benefit of the doubt for now.
            5. ECU - Very talented team, and they are buying in to the winning culture their coaching staff is creating. If their offense can get rolling, we will see an even better record this year for the Tigers. ECU is my dark horse for this year. Would not be surprised if they end up in the top 3.
            6. Oklahoma Baptist - they are losing a lot of talent on offense, and that scares me. But like ECU, these guys have really turned things around, and they have become winners. I think they have earned enough respect to put them higher, but I just can't do it for now.
            7. SAU - They always have a ton of talent in Magnolia, and I think this coaching staff can turn things around a little bit after a very ugly year for SAU. I think they are probably still another year or two away from getting back to the top of the conference though.
            8. SWOSU - Here is my homer pick. In no world should SWOSU ever go 0-11 in this conference, but they managed to pull it off. They will not go 0-11 this year, and if the new HC at SWOSU can pull off what he did at NM Highlands in the year he was there, I will be very happy. Going 5-6 would feel like Christmas morning after last year lmao.
            9. ATU - I don't know what the heck is up with these guys. They look like the worst team in the conference one week, and play like a good team the next. Who knows where they will end up, but I don't think they are talented enough right now to finish upper half.
            10. UAM - Very athletic, but have no discipline, and looks to me like they are poorly coached. Not a good football team, and they should be thrilled that their season went as well as it did last year, because they were not good enough to be 5-6. Also, I just hate UAM for no real reason, so I hope they are bad lolol.
            11. NWOSU - Just not a good team. They are up against it by being in Alva, OK. Just their location alone gives them at least 4 losses a year lol. It's too hard to recruit kids to go to school there.
            12. SNU - They just have no support from the school. No one cares about football there. They can jump up and bite someone from time to time, but until they get support, they will consistently stay at the bottom of the conference.

            Comment


            • #7
              The expected starter for Ouachita at QB tore his ACL in spring. He will be back. Past that basically the entire offense returns. Defense lost a few. I expect them to be very good next year, better than last year.

              Always overrated, Leftsider? That's laughable. We knew they had flaws this year, they were one dimensional, but still won 9 games. Yes Harding, was better this year, but that doesn't mean always overrated. In the last decade Ouachita has won 78% of it's games played, Harding has won 76%. Both teams back up being picked at the top of the conference each year.

              I expect Harding to be good, but take a step back, at least the first half of the season. You don't replace Chancy and a several year started at QB without a bit of a drop-off in that offence.




              Comment


              • #8
                Forgot to do my picks:

                1. Ouachita - will pass better next year. TJ Cole back at RB
                2. SE - all depends on transfers in and out
                3. Harding - Drop a couple the first half of the year, roll at the end
                4. Across the street - impossible to replace Curry
                5. OKBU - Interesting to see without Haire at QB. Could move up or down
                6. ECU - could easily see them being 5
                7, SAU - Who knows
                8. ATU - No reason they are bad. Great facilities, big school
                9. SWOSU - No way they are that bad again. Coach gets some impact transfers
                10. UAM - Hard to win down there
                11. NWOK - Very bad
                12. SNU - Also very bad

                Comment


                • #9
                  I know these are way to early rankings. I will wait to see who gets who on National Signing Day in February. The point I want to make with OBU is that they need someone at receiver to step up and make plays. I was impressed that they won 9 games this year with virtually no passing game. Not having Drew Harris or any deep threat was a challenge for sure. However, I believe in Coach Knight and Jay Derby to get a good game plan for the upcoming season. I will say this too. The Oklahoma schools are getting better and maybe one day they’ll take the conference championship. However, I don’t think it’s gonna happen anytime in the near future. I could be wrong though. Those are my thoughts for now. I’ll check back after NSD in February.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                    The expected starter for Ouachita at QB tore his ACL in spring. He will be back. Past that basically the entire offense returns. Defense lost a few. I expect them to be very good next year, better than last year.

                    Always overrated, Leftsider? That's laughable. We knew they had flaws this year, they were one dimensional, but still won 9 games. Yes Harding, was better this year, but that doesn't mean always overrated. In the last decade Ouachita has won 78% of it's games played, Harding has won 76%. Both teams back up being picked at the top of the conference each year.

                    I expect Harding to be good, but take a step back, at least the first half of the season. You don't replace Chancy and a several year started at QB without a bit of a drop-off in that offence.



                    Lets talk about raw numbers. how many playoff wins does OBU have? if its more than 0, I will listen to how deserving they are of being in the top 25, top 10, or top 5 every year. Go toe to toe with a team outside of the GAC and I will be more respectful. TJ Cole is overhyped. I am most upset that a RB with a subpar game against HU could be ranked ahead of Cole Chancey on anyone's poll. Cole put a lot of great players in the backseat for 4 years. HU has the best coaching staff in the country for option football. The QB situation will be fine, in 2017 the starting QB couldn't read his way out of a paper bag and we saw how that went. OBU had a great DE but everyone else on the DL was soft. Their offensive line got smooshed by HU's Dline, which is almost the same this year. HU's Oline is going to be better, the guards make the fullback game go and the same 2 roadgraders are back.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

                      Lets talk about raw numbers. how many playoff wins does OBU have? if its more than 0, I will listen to how deserving they are of being in the top 25, top 10, or top 5 every year. Go toe to toe with a team outside of the GAC and I will be more respectful. TJ Cole is overhyped. I am most upset that a RB with a subpar game against HU could be ranked ahead of Cole Chancey on anyone's poll. Cole put a lot of great players in the backseat for 4 years. HU has the best coaching staff in the country for option football. The QB situation will be fine, in 2017 the starting QB couldn't read his way out of a paper bag and we saw how that went. OBU had a great DE but everyone else on the DL was soft. Their offensive line got smooshed by HU's Dline, which is almost the same this year. HU's Oline is going to be better, the guards make the fullback game go and the same 2 roadgraders are back.
                      TJ Cole’s stat line from the Harding game.

                      17 carries - 106 yards - 6.2 yards/carry and a passing touchdown.

                      That was playing with a club on one hand because it was broken the week before. If that’s subpar, you’ve got really high standards. No doubt Harding was better that game, but TJ deserved every accolade he received this year.

                      Oh, and the do have more than 0 wins. Yes, more wins need to come on the playoffs. The 1 win they have isn’t enough. Playing Ferris twice in the last 3 trips hasn’t helped. I will say they have gone toe to toe with other teams though. 3 of the 4 playoffs losses are a combined 11 points. I agree though, more work is needed there.
                      Last edited by OBUGrad; 01-09-2022, 11:21 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So one thing to consider with SEOSU is QB. My son is Daulton Hatley and he just graduated with his masters degree a few weeks ago. Well due to being redshirted and covid he was always classified as a junior on the field regardless of his academic classification. So it was just a done deal that he would be returning next season to play. But, due to his age he only has one semester of eligibility left. So he is required to sit out of this spring semester so that he can return in the fall and take classes and play football. So it was always just a done deal that he would be playing on the additional covid exemption that was granted by the NCAA to all players who had their 2020 season canceled. Well, from what we understand that only applies to students and athletes who are enrolled for the entire 2022 school year. Again due to him already having been redshirted as a freshman he only has 1 semester of eligibility remaining. So they are exploring whether or not he is able to use the additional covid eligibility or not. So he is currently awaiting further clarification from the NCAA.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
                          So one thing to consider with SEOSU is QB. My son is Daulton Hatley and he just graduated with his masters degree a few weeks ago. Well due to being redshirted and covid he was always classified as a junior on the field regardless of his academic classification. So it was just a done deal that he would be returning next season to play. But, due to his age he only has one semester of eligibility left. So he is required to sit out of this spring semester so that he can return in the fall and take classes and play football. So it was always just a done deal that he would be playing on the additional covid exemption that was granted by the NCAA to all players who had their 2020 season canceled. Well, from what we understand that only applies to students and athletes who are enrolled for the entire 2022 school year. Again due to him already having been redshirted as a freshman he only has 1 semester of eligibility remaining. So they are exploring whether or not he is able to use the additional covid eligibility or not. So he is currently awaiting further clarification from the NCAA.
                          My having them ranked #2 is completely based on Daulton being back. Was very impressed by him in the few games I saw. If he isn't able to return that would change things...hence the "early predictions" threat. Hope he gets to come back. He deserves another go at it. The NCAA is such a cluster they have no idea what their eligibility rules are, it changes every day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

                            My having them ranked #2 is completely based on Daulton being back. Was very impressed by him in the few games I saw. If he isn't able to return that would change things...hence the "early predictions" threat. Hope he gets to come back. He deserves another go at it. The NCAA is such a cluster they have no idea what their eligibility rules are, it changes every day.
                            Thank you for the compliment! I am praying things work out and he gets to come back. Neither he nor I ever planned otherwise. As a dad who has watched him play since he was 4 I was preparing myself mentally for 2022 being his last season. That was already going to be hard.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

                              Always overrated, Leftsider? That's laughable. We knew they had flaws this year, they were one dimensional, but still won 9 games. Yes Harding, was better this year, but that doesn't mean always overrated. In the last decade Ouachita has won 78% of it's games played, Harding has won 76%. Both teams back up being picked at the top of the conference each year.

                              I expect Harding to be good, but take a step back, at least the first half of the season. You don't replace Chancy and a several year started at QB without a bit of a drop-off in that offence.



                              Now that I have had time to research, I want to come back and disabuse you of your propagandistic views.

                              First, in the last decade HU has won 88 games, a winning % of .800 and a GAC winning % of .840.
                              OBU has a total of 78 wins, a winning % of .772 and a GAC winning % of .798. Now its been a half a decade since I took a statistics class but I am going to go out on a limb and say those differences are statistically significant.

                              Now you can use outdated information or just lie, but you can not BS a BSer. Also, the number of playoff wins a player on the 2021 HU team has is infinitely more % wise than any player on OBU's entire alumni base or current players combined since going D2. I hope that fact that our back-up place kick holder has more play off wins than TJ Cole. They may not have as many personal accolades but they do have a sense of team success.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X