Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit to ECU on Saturday. They played very well in all phases and deserved to win that game. HSU turned it over four times and stalled out multiple times in the red zone. You just aren’t gonna win many games that way.

As others have mentioned, the HSU run defense has been solid and the Reddies have traditionally played well in Searcy. I’m cautiously hopeful Henderson can hang around against Harding, but they’ll need to play significantly better and cleaner than they did on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

I agree that SWOSU and ATU have improved, and with the way HU is playing D right now, I can see both the Bulldogs and Wonder Boys offenses challenging the Bisons D. Having said that, both SWOSU's and ATU's run Ds have looked porous for most of the season--the exceptions being SWOSU's game against UAM, and ATU's game against ECU. I'm not yet sold on the idea that SWOSU's or ATU's D is going to stop or significantly slow down the Bisons rushing attack.

As you rightly pointed out, the Reddies D has been very good against the run. Also, the HSU offense hasn't missed a beat from last year. That's why right now I think Henderson is the more likely team to upend Harding--that and for whatever reason the Reddies play the Bisons much tougher in Searcy. Anyway you shape it, HU is going need to play well in all phases of the game this week if they want to come away with the W.
      HSU has given up 648 rushing yards on the year, 1st in the conference, with Harding ranked 2nd with 784. Both teams could be in for a tough day running the ball. I honestly believe that this game will be won in the battle through the air of HSU passing offense vs. Harding passing defense.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

HSU has given up 648 rushing yards on the year, 1st in the conference, with Harding ranked 2nd with 784. Both teams could be in for a tough day running the ball. I honestly believe that this game will be won in the battle through the air of HSU passing offense vs. Harding passing defense.

HU has played 2 of the top 3 rushing teams in the conference. The 3rd being themselves. HSU hasn’t played the top 2 rushing teams in the country. One of them comes knocking Saturday. I think HU will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

HU has played 2 of the top 3 rushing teams in the conference. The 3rd being themselves. HSU hasn’t played the top 2 rushing teams in the country. One of them comes knocking Saturday. I think HU will be just fine.
          True, HSU has played #4 and #5 ranked rushing teams in the conference. Their #1 rush defensive ranking will absolutely be put to the test Saturday. But by the same standard, Harding has played two games that’s totaled 21 passing attempts, hence my statement about the game potentially coming down to HSU passing offense vs. Harding pass defense. Potentially….

Comment

East Central has recovered 12 opponent fumbles through six games.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              East Central has recovered 12 opponent fumbles through six games.
              One of the least sustainable stats in football. Fumbles are, for the most part, incredibly random.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

One of the least sustainable stats in football. Fumbles are, for the most part, incredibly random.
                Coupled with 5 INT’s, totaling 17 turnovers, that’s impressive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X