Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU @ Ouachita

Well... 6 weeks ago, if someone were to tell me that the East Central Tigers would be rolling to Ouachita as maybe the hottest team in the conference, I would have questioned their sanity...

But here we are! East Central is playing their best football in over a decade, longest winning streak in 38 years, led by the youngest HBC in the nation. I am not saying we are going to drive to Arkadelphia and leave with a W, but I definitely don't think you can rule ECU out of this one. Thoughts?

P.S. The abysmal loss to ATU and HU early on are really hurting at the moment.

Should be a fun one! Although, I think Ouachita is the hottest team in the conference, not ECU.

Defensive line better eat their Wheaties this week the way the Tigers are running the ball.

Comment

Protecting the ball will be key. ECU has a ridiculous amount of fumble recoveries.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
        Should be a fun one! Although, I think Ouachita is the hottest team in the conference, not ECU.

Defensive line better eat their Wheaties this week the way the Tigers are running the ball.
        That's why I said maybe!

#1 offense in Ouachita vs the #2 defense in ECU. Gonna be a good one I hope!

Comment

I seem to remember a certain Oklahoma team with a Bulldog mascot that thought they were going to come into Arkadelphia and ruin our parade this year too :)

I think ECU will be competitive in this game but there's no way our boys in purple don't come out with a convincing W. Besides the Harding game I haven't seen a Ouachita game this year yet that hasn't felt like a complete mismatch. ECU will slow us down a little bit compared to what we are used to, but the offense will wear down ECU's defense and start to put up points like what happened against the Boll Weevils. Baptists by 21.

Comment

I personally would love to see ECU walk away with a win, but this Ouachita team is one of the best I've seen. I would be surprised if it is closer than 17 points. I hope it's a good game, but OBU is too good this year.

Comment

The odds are definitely in OUA's favor, just hoping for a good showing from ECU!

Comment

No doubt ECU has improved significantly since the first game of the season against my Bisons. Considering the number of times we put the ball on the ground, we were lucky to get out of Ada with the win this year. Like I’ve said before, Ouachita’s offense is solid but predictable. Their real strength this year is their defense. It’s the best defense I’ve seen OBU have since 2015. When they get in the playoffs I predict they’ll run into some teams that can stop the Cole-Givens combo. That’s when OBU is going to need their defensive to step up and get stops. As much as ECU has improved, I don’t see them scoring more than 14 on OBU’s defense.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                  No doubt ECU has improved significantly since the first game of the season against my Bisons. Considering the number of times we put the ball on the ground, we were lucky to get out of Ada with the win this year. Like I’ve said before, Ouachita’s offense is solid but predictable. Their real strength this year is their defense. It’s the best defense I’ve seen OBU have since 2015. When they get in the playoffs I predict they’ll run into some teams that can stop the Cole-Givens combo. That’s when OBU is going to need their defensive to step up and get stops. As much as ECU has improved, I don’t see them scoring more than 14 on OBU’s defense.
                  Unfortunately I could I see that happening!

Comment

Well played ECU.

I thought we had lost tonight. You guys have a really good team. Wild ending tonight!!!

Comment

Never seen Ouachita play before but tuned in for the last few minutes of the game. Holy cow I think I have a new favorite commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                        Never seen Ouachita play before but tuned in for the last few minutes of the game. Holy cow I think I have a new favorite commentator.
                        2nd that. Love those commentators. Good game and effort by both teams.

Comment

What an impressive game from ECU. Played an incredible. Had Ouachita out of sorts all night.

Seems like ECU has found a coach to build with, what an improvement.

Comment

ECU played such a solid game, the coach prepared them so well, they anticipated what Ouachita was going to do on offense all night long. The ECU quarterback was so elusive. We, Ouachita, were so fortunate to win. I had a chance after the game to tell several ECU players just how great they played. Ouachita has some things to work before we travel back to Oklahoma in eight days.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X