Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Thougts

Working most of the day. I didn’t even get a chance to watch all of the Harding- NWOSU game. I noticed the defense picked up a couple more pick-6s. From the score it looked like ECU gave Ouachita a decent game. Did any body get a chance to watch it?

Big show down in the GAC next Saturday. I’ll leave it to OBUGrad or someone else to get a thread going. Looking forward to Luke’s articles.

I thought Ouachita looked good in the first quarter and then kind of went to sleep. The Tigers ran a very vanilla offense the whole game. What concerned me were struggles in the running game. We are not opening very large holes.

Comment

Kinda how several games have gone this year. Game is over by halftime. Stats/score for other team is padded in the second half by some backups working in on defense.

offense lacked some focus in second half too.

ECU seems to have settled the QB situation. Had some positives they can build on I though.

Also, condolences to whoever had to watch the Tech and SWOSU game. Just checked the box score on it. Wowza.

Comment

HU pulled starters mid way thru 2nd quarter. Still only gave up 100 total yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
          HU pulled starters mid way thru 2nd quarter. Still only gave up 100 total yards.
          Yeah, NW OK is terrible. Ouachita did the same in that game, I think they gave up in the 80-90 yard range. Both teams shoulda just sat the starters and considered it a bye week.

Comment

HSU-SNU was an entertaining game. HSU was in control the whole way but SNU was pesky and wouldn’t go away. Very glad we never have to see Gage Porter again. One of the most uniquely talented players I’ve ever seen. I’ll stop short of calling them a one man team because I know Luke doesn’t like that, but he really makes everything they do much, much harder to defend.

Comment

Good showing by SAU this weekend. I was a little worried about them looking ahead to Henderson, but they handled business. Offensive and defensive starters got pulled after one series to start second half, so a lot of young guys got to see some significant action.

Not a whole lot to say about OKBU. I know they were without their starting QB, but I really expected a decent test against their defense. SAU just had their way with them.

Obviously it’s a huge weekend in the GAC with the top 4 teams playing each other. I like where we are heading into the showdown with Henderson. The SAU run game seems to be
              firing on all cylinders right now and the defense continues play well. Gonna need both to continue if we want to come out of Arkadelphia with the W. Looking forward to a really good game against a very good opponent.

Comment

Recap is up! https://www.d2football.com/gac-week-six-recap/

Also did halfway grades for every team. Fire all your disagreements my way!

Comment

Continue to be impressed with Henderson and SAU. Henderson with continued questions on what their school will look like financially and academically in the future aren't distracting the football team at all!

I don't think I saw SAU being this good this season after rebuilding from last year. Really liking where this team is going and hoping for the coach to stick around for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
                    Recap is up! https://www.d2football.com/gac-week-six-recap/

Also did halfway grades for every team. Fire all your disagreements my way!
                    Great article, Luke. Thanks for giving us a well-researched recap of the first half of the season. Big week in the GAC. I’ll give the Ouachita posters another day to start a Tigers-Bisons thread and then, if they don’t, I will.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X