Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 - Big Week in the GAC

The big week we’ve been looking forward to is here. Harding vs Ouachita in Searcy. Henderson vs SAU. I think that game is in Magnolia. I’m not the analyst that Luke is, but here’s how the Harding vs Ouachita game breaks down for me. The two teams are virtually even when it comes to total offensive. Of course, Harding get most of their’s on the ground (380.7 yds/game rushing) and Ouachita through a balanced attack (206.2 yds/game rushing and 234.3 yds/game passing). Through 6 games Harding’s offense has scored more points per game (52.2 vs 44.3).

For me it comes down to defense. Harding is better in every category. I’m predicting a hard fought close game but my Bisons come out on top by 6 points.

What do others think?
    Last edited by OldBison; 10-09-2023, 06:09 PM.

Bisons by 90

Comment

SAU/Henderson is in Arkadelphia. This weekend is gonna be fun. I like the Bisons by 10, SAU by 3.

Comment

Harding likely wins this one on paper but the wrench in it is that Ouachita is one of the few teams in the GAC that has the dudes to slow down the triple option

This year’s matchup feels as close to a coin flip as you can get. I’m still gonna take Harding by a field goal, just because of home field advantage and Ouachita coming off a bit sluggish in a few games this year

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
          Harding likely wins this one on paper but the wrench in it is that Ouachita is one of the few teams in the GAC that has the dudes to slow down the triple option

This year’s matchup feels as close to a coin flip as you can get. I’m still gonna take Harding by a field goal, just because of home field advantage and Ouachita coming off a bit sluggish in a few games this year
          I remember when I covered Henderson State and Ouachita games back-to-back a few years ago (2015, I think) and during one of my pre-game interviews with Ouachita Coach Todd Knight, he said that the Tigers set aside a portion of each practice throughout the season to defend Harding's triple option. That's probably one factor that always helps Ouachita give Harding fits.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I agree. Over the years the Tigers have defended the Flexbone better than anyone in the GAC although Henderson did a great job last year in Searcy. Of course the three times we’ve faced NWMSU in the playoffs they’ve had the personnel to play good assignment football and get the stops. I think Ouachita will get some key stops but I’m thinking we eventually wear them down. Our kicking team hasn’t punting the ball in two weeks. We better dust them off. This game could come down to a few key penalties and/or turnovers.

Comment

It does not appear that Ouachita is nearly as good at what they want to be good at as they've been in years past. It's understandable, as I'm fairly sure they lost all 5 starting Offensive lineman. If OBU can't stay on schedule with the running game against the best defense in the conference, I think they'll have a difficult time moving the ball. HU D has also been forcing an incredible amount of turnovers thus far. Another important thing to watch.

I'm certain OBU will give HU offense more fits than anybody else in the conference. They always do. My gut says HU has more answers than OBU does. HU in a good one at home. 24-14

Comment

What should we call the Harding-Ouachita football rivalry that has happend as of lately? The Holy War? Battle of the Protestants? The Pre-Ordained Free Will Battle? Maybe they should fight for the Conservative Crown? Side note: Even though I went to SAU, I love talking Theology with people :)

Comment

Harding not only seems to have a great team this year, but there are other factors in their favor coming this Saturday. The weather will be perfect for the flex bone...clear, light wind, and no rain, and the game is in Searcy, big advantage with home field. Other factors... Harding has had no issue with focus this year. Harding just seems a lot more jelled than the Tigers, who have great moments followed by really bad moments. I believe the biggest difference is the quality of the offensive lines, Bisons are just better in that area. If Ouachita stubbornly tries to establish the run, Harding will win pretty easily. If the Tigers become a pass first team this week, it could be interesting. Still, I'm with everyone else at this point and picking the home team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                    What should we call the Harding-Ouachita football rivalry that has happend as of lately? The Holy War? Battle of the Protestants? The Pre-Ordained Free Will Battle? Maybe they should fight for the Conservative Crown? Side note: Even though I went to SAU, I love talking Theology with people :)
                    You’re late to the party. It’s simply the Bible Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Tiger View Post
                      The weather will be perfect for the flex bone...clear, light wind, and no rain
                      Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that perfect weather for most offenses?? Or really just perfect weather for life overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

That’s what it’s been called since I played in the NAIA days. Not as famous as the Battle of the Ravine but should be.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that perfect weather for most offenses?? Or really just perfect weather for life overall.
                          Yeah … everyone says wet weather is more of disadvantage to Flexbone teams than passing teams. I disagree. For quarterbacks, slot backs and wide receivers a wet ball is a wet ball no matter what offense you’re running. I think the real disadvantage is for place kickers and punters.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Did not know that. When was that term coined? Which Bible are we talking about? CSB/ESV is big in Baptist Culture. KJV & NKJV is the favorite at COC right?

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                              That’s what it’s been called since I played in the NAIA days. Not as famous as the Battle of the Ravine but should be.
                              Never knew that. It makes sense though. Wonder what SNU and OKBU call their game?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X