Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

Just announced! Let the speculation begin!

https://www.madonna.edu/news/madonna...-adds-football

Re: Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

Honestly, I don't see this being too much of a stretch. Their program profile matches the GLIAC decently well. They have a lot of the sponsored sports. The question is how are their facilities? I mean, for a private school, they typically have pretty good facilities, but it's not always the case.

Would be interesting to see how this works out 3-4 years down the line. Adding another football member would be pretty good.

(Playing devil's advocate, would the GMAC be interested in maybe pulling them there? Since they are in Livonia?)

Comment

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
      Honestly, I don't see this being too much of a stretch. Their program profile matches the GLIAC decently well. They have a lot of the sponsored sports. The question is how are their facilities? I mean, for a private school, they typically have pretty good facilities, but it's not always the case.

Would be interesting to see how this works out 3-4 years down the line. Adding another football member would be pretty good.

(Playing devil's advocate, would the GMAC be interested in maybe pulling them there? Since they are in Livonia?)
      I've been in Madonna's gym. It's high school size and quality.
      - Something More, Something Better

Comment

It's early days but I have hopes that Lawrence Tech might move up. I know it's their first year playing a football schedule but they seem to have money, a decent stadium (at least as it appears on TV) and they scheduled NMU on the road this year. That game might have happened because they both had an open date but it may also indicate some ambition on LTU's part.

Comment

Looks like they are right in the middle of the GLIAC footprint. Would be nice for them, and Lawerence to make the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
            Looks like they are right in the middle of the GLIAC footprint. Would be nice for them, and Lawerence to make the jump.
            It would help a lot to have them on the schedule.

Comment

One might consider them a Borderline school.

Who knows though, they could be the future Lucky Star of the conference.

Whatever the conference decides, they need to stay True Blue with their standards.

One would think that the school would certainly Cherish an opportunity like this.

Thankfully you fans have a forum like this to Express Yourself about this topic.

Seeing such passionate fans helps me Justify my Love for my own Alma matter and team.

I'm sure you all are Burning up to know if this is happening or not.

Really though, just enjoy the off season... fall will be here soon. Don't forget to take a Holiday.

It is Human Nature though to get anxious about these things.

Soon enough though, you'll be back Into the Groove of things and all will be right though.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                This post had a great affect on me- like I was touched for the very first time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Who knows though, they could be the future Lucky Star of the conference.

Whatever the conference decides, they need to stay True Blue with their standards.

One would think that the school would certainly Cherish an opportunity like this.

Thankfully you fans have a forum like this to Express Yourself about this topic.

Seeing such passionate fans helps me Justify my Love for my own Alma matter and team.

I'm sure you all are Burning up to know if this is happening or not.

Really though, just enjoy the off season... fall will be here soon. Don't forget to take a Holiday.

It is Human Nature though to get anxious about these things.

Soon enough though, you'll be back Into the Groove of things and all will be right though.
                  This post is so Vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    This post is so Vogue.
                    Papa don't preach.

Comment

I read somewhere that Lady Gaga College and Taylor Swift University are also seriously considering starting football teams. Janet Jackson Institute of Technology and Cher State may also get into the act.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterCardinal View Post
                        It's early days but I have hopes that Lawrence Tech might move up. I know it's their first year playing a football schedule but they seem to have money, a decent stadium (at least as it appears on TV) and they scheduled NMU on the road this year. That game might have happened because they both had an open date but it may also indicate some ambition on LTU's part.
                        I note that LTU has scheduled tennis matches with GV and LSSU. More proof of an eventual move to D2?

Comment

Originally posted by DexterCardinal View Post
                          I note that LTU has scheduled tennis matches with GV and LSSU. More proof of an eventual move to D2?
                          Tennis isn't a good sign to go by. Most of the tennis-playing schools in the state play each other, regardless of division, outside of D-I. Almost all the D-II and NAIA schools play each other most years. Just not that many opponents around.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Madonna is kicking off their football season this spring, visiting St. Francis (IN) on 2/27. They are a member of the Mid-States Football Conf.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Papa don't preach.
                              Her first album was OK (it came out when I was in college), but nothing after that impressed me. I'm not really into pop music, I prefer rock 'n roll and jazz.
                              Last edited by crixus; 10-23-2020, 03:08 PM.
                              Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X