Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESSU vs Ferris

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
    That is probably the smartest thing I've seen you write on here. I agree with you. TA and Bulldog football are nasty and dirty. Whatever it takes to win I guess.
    :good: Thank you for the compliment

Comment

Don't apologize to them. They do not deserve an apology. I would bet BillyGV's left nut that it was an attempted onside kick. I'm sure their apology was very sincere and it will never happen again.....said no one ever.
      Seeing our kicker got his first 3 Xp blocked against Northwood because he was kicking line drives and got pulled for a freshman WR to handle kicking duties...I'm siding with the failed squib kick.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
        Ferris does that stuff - they do all sorts of crappy things - its the nature of their coach and the school in general...
        Bet you'd take TA over MM any day (probably secretly desire it). GV has the best facilities, most overall talent and I'm sure largest budget of any school in the conference (probably the midwest). On talent alone you should be winning the GLIAC year in and year out. But you don't. Underachievers. Why, because GV doesn't play with that edge. Ferris does. Any little thing happens and that's the GV go to on the board.."Ferris and TA are so dirty...whine, whine". Since GV is so superior, please enlighten me on the changes that Ferris needs to make so we can live up to the lofty standards that have been set by Matt Mitchell and his program. And please don't forget to pick up your complimentary GVSU Blades of Glory T-shirt during Saturday's halftime festivities. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          Bet you'd take TA over MM any day (probably secretly desire it). GV has the best facilities, most overall talent and I'm sure largest budget of any school in the conference (probably the midwest). On talent alone you should be winning the GLIAC year in and year out. But you don't. Underachievers. Why, because GV doesn't play with that edge. Ferris does. Any little thing happens and that's the GV go to on the board.."Ferris and TA are so dirty...whine, whine". Since GV is so superior, please enlighten me on the changes that Ferris needs to make so we can live up to the lofty standards that have been set by Matt Mitchell and his program. And please don't forget to pick up your complimentary GVSU Blades of Glory T-shirt during Saturday's halftime festivities. :good:
          LOL - would NEVER consider taking TA over MM, only a fool would think it or even suggest it (if the shoe fits...) - GV does have great facilities and we are starting a campaign to greatly improve them again - sorry - GV is the only GLIAC team to win at least 12 games three times since 2013 and make two NCAA DII Playoff semifinal appearances - so underachievers, I think not - add to that...17 conference championships (more than you), 9 regional championships (more than you), 6 NCAA DII Championship appearances (more than you), 4 NCAA DII National Championships (more than you) MUCH MUCH better academics (way better than you) so if we are underachievers whats that make that pathetic crap of a school XSU - LOL -

Comment

Then a fool I am. Let those coaches switch schools, you think MM would come to Ferris and have the success TA has? I'm sure TA could take GV to at least the semi-finals every year. As for your list of achievements, you're making my point for me. Every other team in the GLIAC has to do what they do with way less than what GV has. Again, you "should" have those kind of stats year in and year out. Yippee. But let me put your stats in a nice pretty box for you..

Since TA started in 2012

_____Ferris___________GVwhine
            verb
            .........give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
            .........complain in a feeble or petulant way.
            synonyms: complaint [noun], complain [verb], grouse, grumble, murmur;
            Last edited by DawgUp; 09-22-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Word on the street is TA wants to come to Grand Valley.

Comment

He's not classy enough to be a part of the Lakers. You guys would never associate with someone like that.

Comment

lmao

Comment

Then a fool I am. Let those coaches switch schools, you think MM would come to Ferris and have the success TA has? I'm sure TA could take GV to at least the semi-finals every year. As for your list of achievements, you're making my point for me. Every other team in the GLIAC has to do what they do with way less than what GV has. Again, you "should" have those kind of stats year in and year out. Yippee. But let me put your stats in a nice pretty box for you..

Since TA started in 2012

_____Ferris___________GVwhine
                    verb
                    .........give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
                    .........complain in a feeble or petulant way.
                    synonyms: complaint [noun], complain [verb], grouse, grumble, murmur;
                    That's all fine and good, but they've both won about the same things at their respective schools - no national championships, MM with two regional champions, and TA with one regional championship. So far, MM has been pretty good in the playoffs as long as he gets there. TA can get to the playoffs consistently but then loses to teams he shouldn't lose to when he gets there. They both have good points, they both have bad points, and the results have tended to be about the same. All I can think of when reading these comments is the Spiderman meme where they're both pointing at each other.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                      That's all fine and good, but they've both won about the same things at their respective schools - no national championships, MM with two regional champions, and TA with one regional championship. So far, MM has been pretty good in the playoffs as long as he gets there. TA can get to the playoffs consistently but then loses to teams he shouldn't lose to when he gets there. They both have good points, they both have bad points, and the results have tended to be about the same. All I can think of when reading these comments is the Spiderman meme where they're both pointing at each other.
                      I agree..except for the (Head to Head wins since 2012: Ferris - 7 GV - 1 ).
                      Last edited by DawgUp; 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I agree..except for the (Head to Head wins since 2012: Ferris - 7 GV - 1 ).
                        And what has that gotten you? A meaningless rivalry trophy that has just spent a little bit extra time in a case 45 minutes further north than south? Cool. If we really want to get ticky-tack about it, I'll take the extra, permanent, regional championship trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                          And what has that gotten you? A meaningless rivalry trophy that has just spent a little bit extra time in a case 45 minutes further north than south? Cool. If we really want to get ticky-tack about it, I'll take the extra, permanent, regional championship trophy.
                          Don't need to get ticky-tacky at all..saying that is the difference when comparing the 2. Hey you guys have your opinion and I have mine. Relaying information off your website about GV's history or hugging your trophy doesn't change my opinion. GV is literally bigger than 2 of the D1 MAC schools in the state. You guys talk as if everyone is on an equal playing field and you're better coached...lol. I recall the GV folks on this board up in arms and talking about replacing MM after losses to Indy, Ferris and Ashland last year. Now the guy's Knute Rockne? My original point was, TA has done more with less. Given a choice, I'd take TA over MM in a heartbeat.

I'm done.

Comment

Don't need to get ticky-tacky at all..saying that is the difference when comparing the 2. Hey you guys have your opinion and I have mine. Relaying information off your website about GV's history or hugging your trophy doesn't change my opinion. GV is literally bigger than 2 of the D1 MAC schools in the state. You guys talk as if everyone is on an equal playing field and you're better coached...lol. I recall the GV folks on this board up in arms and talking about replacing MM after losses to Indy, Ferris and Ashland last year. Now the guy's Knute Rockne? My original point was, TA has done more with less. Given a choice, I'd take TA over MM in a heartbeat.

I'm done.
                            We still want to replace MM. That hasn't changed. I'd take TA over MM as well.

Comment

I'm done.
                              Sigh.

Firstly, both schools have the same number of scholarships.

Secondly, Wayne State is bigger than GVSU and the largest D-II school in the entire country in terms of enrollment. Also in the center of Detroit. The third-largest enrollment in the state of Michigan, ahead of every school besides Michigan and Michigan State. Also the same number of scholarships as Ferris and GVSU. Why aren't you mad about their built-in advantages? How does anyone ever compete with them?

You're just sitting here yelling at clouds in the sky. There are a number of reasons that many GV people prefer to have MM. There are a number of reasons that many Ferris people prefer to have TA. There's also a number of people at both schools that wish they had the other coach. None of it matters. Both schools have had success with their respective coaches, and neither has had markedly more than the other while both have been at their schools. But apparently because Ferris has less students, that means something? I don't know. I guess that makes Notre Dame the most amazing feat in the history of athletics, what having about half the number of students as Ferris does and somehow still being competitive in FBS football. What kind of wizardry is going on there? Crazy.

Your original point, "TA has done more with less" is subjective, at best. How do you want to compare it? TA also gets to work with significantly easier admissions standards and easier transfer requirements, and can get basically whoever he wants admitted. MM can not pull from that same pool. I guess if you think having a bigger scoreboard or something somehow trumps that, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know if you're looking for some kind of validation about something, or to make yourself feel superior in some way, or what is going on. But whatever it is screams "someone pay attention to my school please."

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
                                lmao
                                Seriously! Heard it from a guy who's brother knows a guy who has season tickets and heard it from a kid who heard TA say it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X