Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESSU vs Ferris

Looks like Jayru is essentially another Reggie Bell? 50% completion percentage, big yards per carry average. Haha
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Hopefully more durable. He's a lot bigger than I thought. He was running through db's and lb's like they were high school kids. Had a couple of drops by receivers and under threw a couple of others. Not to mention top receiver didn't play. Hard to judge anything on 7 of 14 against this competition. Findlay will give a better idea where he's at in the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        Hopefully more durable. He's a lot bigger than I thought. He was running through db's and lb's like they were high school kids. Had a couple of drops by receivers and under threw a couple of others. Not to mention top receiver didn't play. Hard to judge anything on 7 of 14 against this competition. Findlay will give a better idea where he's at in the offense.
        could have scored 50+ in the first half if TA wanted

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
          I thought it was more of a squibkick that was miss hit. If it was an attempt for an onside kick it was very poorly executed. TA pulled basically every offensive starter to start the 3rd quarter. That was the most vanilla half of offense I've seen them run. They could have put 80 on them if he wanted.
          I suspect the O will be pretty stiff. I question the D more so. I wonder who will push their D this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
            it was more of a squib with 8 seconds to go in the half, although whats there to be scared of you're up 39
            The score was 42-3, and ESU took possession with 21 seconds left in the half.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              The score was 42-3, and ESU took possession with 21 seconds left in the half.

Comment

The kick is the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned...Coach Annese was jawing at ESU players most of the night, and their players reflected that poor behavior, ripping off ESU helmets after plays were over, and in at least one case, kicking that helmet to their own sidelines and trying to hide it from the player trying to retrieve it...I'll give him credit for taking a knee near the ESU goal line at the end of the game, but it doesn't make up for the other BS...Very poor sportsmanship.

Comment

The kick is the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned...Coach Annese was jawing at ESU players most of the night, and their players reflected that poor behavior, ripping off ESU helmets after plays were over, and in at least one case, kicking that helmet to their own sidelines and trying to hide it from the player trying to retrieve it...I'll give him credit for taking a knee near the ESU goal line at the end of the game, but it doesn't make up for the other BS...Very poor sportsmanship.
                  Not sure what game you were watching. I didn't see TA jawing at any of their players. And there were 2 ESU players whose helmets keep coming off, not from anyone "ripping" them off. We had 2nd string people playing in the 2nd quarter and ran about as basic of our offense as we could run for the entire 2nd half. Went 3 deep on Off and Def. Was out scored 14-7 in 2nd half. How much of a fluff burger does ESU need?

You guys took a blow out for a paycheck. We did the same at North Dakota State a few years ago. A beating is a beating. You wipe the slate clean and go into your next game and conference play. No GLIAC team is here to hand out girl scout cookies or make you feel good about yourself. Ashland has lost to IUP 2 years in a row..and their people on the board are critiquing "their" team and coaches, not complaining about IUP. It's called accountability. I've yet to see you comment on the football issues ESU had in that game.

Either way best of luck on the rest of your season.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    Not sure what game you were watching. I didn't see TA jawing at any of their players. And there were 2 ESU players whose helmets keep coming off, not from anyone "ripping" them off. We had 2nd string people playing in the 2nd quarter and ran about as basic of our offense as we could run for the entire 2nd half. Went 3 deep on Off and Def. Was out scored 14-7 in 2nd half. How much of a fluff burger does ESU need?

You guys took a blow out for a paycheck. We did the same at North Dakota State a few years ago. A beating is a beating. You wipe the slate clean and go into your next game and conference play. No GLIAC team is here to hand out girl scout cookies or make you feel good about yourself. Ashland has lost to IUP 2 years in a row..and their people on the board are critiquing "their" team and coaches, not complaining about IUP. It's called accountability. I've yet to see you comment on the football issues ESU had in that game.

Either way best of luck on the rest of your season.
                    easily could have been a 70+ to 10 victory

Comment

After further review, I have been told by a trusted source that it WAS a botched squib kick, and not an attempt at an onside kick. Ferris State apologized after the game, and I just found out about it this morning...So now it's MY turn...I apologize for accusing Ferris State of trying an onside kick while leading 42-3.

Comment

That is nice of you. How about apologizing for saying TA was jawing with ESU players(NEVER HAPPENED) and for blatantly lying and saying that Ferris players were intentionally ripping the helmets off of Esu players. Again (NEVER HAPPENED).

Comment

"That is nice of you. How about apologizing for saying TA was jawing with ESU players(NEVER HAPPENED) and for blatantly lying and saying that Ferris players were intentionally ripping the helmets off of Esu players. Again (NEVER HAPPENED)."

That stuff did happen, and I could point out each play if we watched film together...Sorry to burst your bubble...

Comment

"That is nice of you. How about apologizing for saying TA was jawing with ESU players(NEVER HAPPENED) and for blatantly lying and saying that Ferris players were intentionally ripping the helmets off of Esu players. Again (NEVER HAPPENED)."

That stuff did happen, and I could point out each play if we watched film together...Sorry to burst your bubble...
                            Ferris does that stuff - they do all sorts of crappy things - its the nature of their coach and the school in general...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                              Ferris does that stuff - they do all sorts of crappy things - its the nature of their coach and the school in general...
                              That is probably the smartest thing I've seen you write on here. I agree with you. TA and Bulldog football are nasty and dirty. Whatever it takes to win I guess.

Comment

After further review, I have been told by a trusted source that it WAS a botched squib kick, and not an attempt at an onside kick. Ferris State apologized after the game, and I just found out about it this morning...So now it's MY turn...I apologize for accusing Ferris State of trying an onside kick while leading 42-3.
                                Don't apologize to them. They do not deserve an apology. I would bet BillyGV's left nut that it was an attempted onside kick. I'm sure their apology was very sincere and it will never happen again.....said no one ever.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X