Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos in Big Rapids

https://articles.mlive.com/news/gran...y_facult_3.amp

Ferris State faculty have zero confidence in their president. Is this the calm before the storm for all things Ferris? Are the TA shady shennagans finally coming out?!?!

Re: Chaos in Big Rapids

What does this have to do with TA or Ferris athletics?

Faculty and staff had a strike when the school year started because of pay. Nothing to do with Ferris athletics.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Faculty and staff had a strike when the school year started because of pay. Nothing to do with Ferris athletics.
      Just wait....the **** storm is coming. It starts with the faculty and trickles down. #liberalsrule

Comment

All part of negotiations. No different than high school teachers going on strike and using what leverage they have to try and get a deal done. Does make me wonder what exactly is happening with the student body right now. Hopefully the team can focus on football and not this.

Comment

Yeah...I'm no fan of TA (and to be clear, I wasn't a fan of his dating back to his years at Jenison and Muskegon), but I fail to see the connection between TA and the faculty lacking confidence in the President.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
            Yeah...I'm no fan of TA (and to be clear, I wasn't a fan of his dating back to his years at Jenison and Muskegon), but I fail to see the connection between TA and the faculty lacking confidence in the President.
            Probably little to none. But if one wanted to be an instigator, the media could ask TA if he supports the Univ. or the faculty.:wink:

Comment

Doubt that the basketball coach is worried about his job either

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Comment

I have heard some of these rumors along with the issue of Football and Basketball head coaches salaries and their assistants getting raises. Same type of issues that a lot of colleges have to address when Faculty feels they are being thrown under the rug in salary and position issues come up. If TA beats MM again, GV should do their part to help out Ferris by trading coaches.

Comment

At the PSAC public schools (ie. the 14 members of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education), coaches and, if I'm not mistaken, athletic trainers and certain support staff, are covered under collective bargaining with the union representing PASSHE professors. Are coaches at the Michigan state schools (Ferris, GV, etc.) covered by collective bargaining as they are in Pennsylvania?
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                      At the PSAC public schools (ie. the 14 members of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education), coaches and, if I'm not mistaken, athletic trainers and certain support staff, are covered under collective bargaining with the union representing PASSHE professors. Are coaches at the Michigan state schools (Ferris, GV, etc.) covered by collective bargaining as they are in Pennsylvania?
                      GV is non-union

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                        All part of negotiations. No different than high school teachers going on strike and using what leverage they have to try and get a deal done. Does make me wonder what exactly is happening with the student body right now. Hopefully the team can focus on football and not this.
                        From a current student, no one cares about this at all, nor do the players, or really anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
                          From a current student, no one cares about this at all, nor do the players, or really anyone
                          Of course a punk kid wouldn't care. Drinking beer is way more important, I get it, I was a college kid once too. Would you care if Ferris had to forefeit 4 of their wins this season due to Ferris having players who were ineligible but played anyways AND coaches knew about it?? Don't answer that question....it's rhetorical. Nevermind, you probably don't know what that means.
                          Last edited by IH8SVSU; 10-18-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                            Of course a punk kid wouldn't care. Drinking beer is way more important, I get it, I was a college kid once too. Would you care if Ferris had to forefeit 4 of their wins this season due to Ferris having players who were ineligible but played anyways AND coaches knew about it?? Don't answer that question....it's rhetorical. Nevermind, you probably don't know what that means.
                            *Player, there I fixed it for you. Mind you a kid who played mop up duty in the first four games because people above the athletics department stamped him as eligible.

Comment

Ferris St, 7-0, says it has ineligible playerhttp://www.ncnewsonline.com/sports/n...72d58b108.html

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X