X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AFCA Coaches Poll

Comment

I'm not saying this is the reason (or that it is necessarily a fair argument) but perhaps they are getting penalized by the SAC's postseason performance the past few years. I'm sure hapit's happened, but I'm forgetting the last win by a SAC team since your semifinal win in 2013.

Agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        If all teams win out, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the regional rankings with NWMSU and GV each having 1 loss and OBU undefeated. Still haven't figured out their formula for that but can't see OBU handling either 1 loss team in head-to-head. Wonder how much SOS factors in over a team being undefeated.
        Now you did it Dawg-got me fuming again about 2007. Shame on you

Comment

Got that.. They were mostly intact...we weren't. And we still beat them. Either way, that was last year. GAC teams have to reminisce over what they did last year to gain credibility because they don't have the opportunity to play any out of conference heavies during the season. It's not the coaches or kids fault, but it limits the perception of how good your teams are until they can line up and play in the playoffs.
          OBU was running a backup QB much of the game too. Would have been fun to see both teams at full strength. Maybe we will get that chance this year! It was a good game last year, I would expect the same again.

Maybe just hope for better weather if we play again!

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
            Ummmm.....you do realize a GAC team has been in the regional finals/national quarterfinals in SR3 the past two years straight, right? Claiming that last year was the only year a GAC team had success in the playoffs is way off the mark.
            Did not claim GAC only had success last year, I stated GAC people on the board keep bringing up last year to validate their teams this year. Again, I'm talking about this year. Looking at strength of schedule this year. I could care less what a team did in 2016 or 2017...including Ferris. Has no impact on what is happening this year. Your comment is proving my point for me.

OBU is 7-0 this year so I'm comparing them to some of the higher ranked 1-loss teams in the region for seeding. Their 7-0 is only over conference opponents, so maybe the GAC is having a down year or maybe it's really good and just has a lot of parity with OBU being the best of the best. Won't know how good they are until they play OOC teams in the playoffs.

Comment

Did not claim GAC only had success last year, I stated GAC people on the board keep bringing up last year to validate their teams this year. Again, I'm talking about this year. Looking at strength of schedule this year. I could care less what a team did in 2016 or 2017...including Ferris. Has no impact on what is happening this year. Your comment is proving my point for me.

OBU is 7-0 this year so I'm comparing them to some of the higher ranked 1-loss teams in the region for seeding. Their 7-0 is only over conference opponents, so maybe the GAC is having a down year or maybe it's really good and just has a lot of parity with OBU being the best of the best. Won't know how good they are until they play OOC teams in the playoffs.
              How strong was Ferris ooc schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                Well the first opponent has won 1 game, and the second 4. Last one has only won 1 as well. So not super strong. It is out of conference though

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                  Well the first opponent has won 1 game, and the second 4. Last one has only won 1 as well. So not super strong. It is out of conference though
                  Hypocrisy

Comment

Ferris OOC was crap, which is why they couldn't afford a loss to GV and need to finish the year undefeated. But at least gives a point of reference compared to other teams in other conferences.

Comment

What if the third best team in the country starts the season by playing the best and second best teams? They might be 0-2 and still be the third best team in the country.

These are opinions not standings. If you treat them like standings then you better be 100% sure you got the teams exactly right in the first poll.

Comment

Hypocrisy
                        I dont think you know what that word means.

Comment

Considering you kept going back and forth over "intact" between last year and this year, I think you can see my confusion in how I interpreted your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                            I dont think you know what that word means.
                            Please help understand the meaning Ianstein.

Comment

Please help understand the meaning Ianstein.

Comment

He is questioning our GAC only schedule, but I could pull the bottom 3 schools from the GAC and put them up against their ooc schedule. He is pretty much is calling our 7-0 start fools gold because we haven't played anybody. There schedule is no tougher than ours. We have 2 other teams currently ranked in top 25 and another receiving votes. We've beat 2 out of the 3 so far.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X