Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AFCA Coaches Poll

This poll ranking means absolutely nothing so who cares...we will get another chance to play Xerris at their place IF we take care of our business. First things first...beat DU.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
      This poll ranking means absolutely nothing so who cares...we will get another chance to play Xerris at their place IF we take care of our business. First things first...beat DU.
      If you say "GV has to play them one game at a time", I will throw up in my mouth....

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
        Minnesota State Schedule looks so week. No team on schedule in top 25. How are they no#1

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
          Says the guy who's team was nearly upset in the first round by this mostly intact and improved Ouachita squad.
          You loss. Go away. We "weren't" mostly intact, had our backup in half the game and still beat you. Stop living in the past. I've watched OBU a couple of times this year along with GV and NWMS...my thought is you wouldn't beat them head to head. If you disagree no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
            If you say "GV has to play them one game at a time", I will throw up in my mouth....
            :laugh:

Comment

What team was it that beat Ferris in the Regional Final? I don't recall that team's conference affiliation....
              Don't recall anything in my statement mentioning the GAC. I'm talking about 3 teams and who I'd think would win if they matched up on the field. OBU is in our region, their undefeated, so they get mentioned. As with your stable mate, quit living in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                You loss. Go away. We "weren't" mostly intact, had our backup in half the game and still beat you. Stop living in the past. I've watched OBU a couple of times this year along with GV and NWMS...my thought is you wouldn't beat them head to head. If you disagree no worries.
                When he says "Intact" he is talking about Ouachita. Not Ferris.

Comment

When he says "Intact" he is talking about Ouachita. Not Ferris.
                  Got that.. They were mostly intact...we weren't. And we still beat them. Either way, that was last year. GAC teams have to reminisce over what they did last year to gain credibility because they don't have the opportunity to play any out of conference heavies during the season. It's not the coaches or kids fault, but it limits the perception of how good your teams are until they can line up and play in the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

Got that.. They were mostly intact...we weren't. And we still beat them. Either way, that was last year. GAC teams have to reminisce over what they did last year to gain credibility because they don't have the opportunity to play any out of conference heavies during the season. It's not the coaches or kids fault, but it limits the perception of how good your teams are until they can line up and play in the playoffs.
                      He is talking about Ouachita having the same team as last year.

Comment

He is talking about Ouachita having the same team as last year.
                        I still think they lose to GV or NWMS head to head, but we'll hopefully get a chance to see in future if all goes well.

Comment

These polls are woven into the fabric of our sports DNA but like so many have said, mean nothing. Now that I am spending my time looking at SR1 teams (still don't like it) this thing is all over the place.

The Tiffin Dragons are the 17th ranked team in the country at 7-0 but have beaten 5 two-win teams and 2 one-win teams. I am not knocking the Dragons. They've taken care of their business but haven't played near the same slates other teams. Kutztown is 6-0 and barely ahead of them and has wins over 6-1 Assumption and Cal. IUP is ranked with 2 losses (one to Slippery Rock) and needs a bundle of help to make the playoffs but Slippery Rock with 1 loss, and the IUP win, and a better shot at a bid isn't.

Great GLIAC ballgame between GV and Ferris the other night by the way. It'll all sort itself out in November.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ummmm.....you do realize a GAC team has been in the regional finals/national quarterfinals in SR3 the past two years straight, right? Claiming that last year was the only year a GAC team had success in the playoffs is way off the mark.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X