Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Karma or Bad Karma?

Maybe it's showing up for only me, but I was reviewing this years Football schedule from the GLIAC site and it already has our beloved Bull%$^S plugged in for a loooong playoff run.
    Go fiugre:
    https://www.gliac.org/sports/fball/2019-20/schedule

So, is this a good sign for them or maybe not????
    Time will tell.

Anyone know how to let the GLIAC know of this? I don't.
    Last edited by Redwing; 09-08-2019, 09:07 PM.

They probably had to put a team in there for whatever coding reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
      Maybe it's showing up for only me, but I was reviewing this years Football schedule from the GLIAC site and it already has our beloved Bull%$^S plugged in for a loooong playoff run.
      Go fiugre:
      https://www.gliac.org/sports/fball/2019-20/schedule

So, is this a good sign for them or maybe not????
      Time will tell.

Anyone know how to let the GLIAC know of this? I don't.
      The schedules are pulled from the school websites. That is on there because it is on Ferris' schedule: https://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/...19-20/schedule

The GLIAC doesn't enter schedules. The schedules are compiled from the schools with Presto websites, which is most of the league, or in GV's case, since they are a Sidearm site, it is GV's responsibility to go add their schedule to the GLIAC website.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The schedules are pulled from the school websites. That is on there because it is on Ferris' schedule: https://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/...19-20/schedule

The GLIAC doesn't enter schedules. The schedules are compiled from the schools with Presto websites, which is most of the league, or in GV's case, since they are a Sidearm site, it is GV's responsibility to go add their schedule to the GLIAC website.
        Huh? Uh, so you're saying that only Xerris added in PO's when they passed the schedule to the GLIAC? Uh, ok, but the conf. has responsibility to post accurate information.. OH wait, did I just type "responsibility" and "conference" in the same sentence? Even then Xerris only has a placeholder (as do other schools.) The GLIAC put the logo in there.

Comment

Huh? Uh, so you're saying that only Xerris added in PO's when they passed the schedule to the GLIAC? Uh, ok, but the conf. has responsibility to post accurate information.. OH wait, did I just type "responsibility" and "conference" in the same sentence? Even then Xerris only has a placeholder (as do other schools.) The GLIAC put the logo in there.
          I think this is just a misunderstanding of how the conference website works. I'll try and explain it, because I think the conference gets blamed for a lot of these things when it isn't necessarily their fault.

So the gliac.org website is a Presto website. If you go to it and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a logo for PrestoSports there. The GLIAC has a contract to use Presto, and the schools can take advantage of that contract to get their own website made through Presto as well, which almost all of them have besides GV, who uses a company called Sidearm.

Since the GLIAC website is presto, and most of the schools are presto, they all work together with each other. If SVSU is hosting Northwood in football, SVSU can post the box score and score on their own website schedule, and it will automatically update on the GLIAC website and Northwood's website without anyone from the GLIAC or Northwood doing anything. It updates the season stats for SVSU and Northwood, updates the stat leaders on the GLIAC website, all with only SVSU uploading the stats. Additionally, if SVSU were to go on their website and add a men's basketball game to their schedule against Ashland, then that game will show up on both Ashland's schedule page and the GLIAC website, without Ashland or the GLIAC doing anything. So all the schedules are cared for by each individual school. GV, not being a presto website, has to manually log in to the presto system, and add their schedule manually.

Ferris is a presto website. So whatever they put on their own schedule page automatically gets added to the GLIAC schedule page. That's why it is there. Ferris is the only school that has the playoff rounds on its own schedule page in the GLIAC. If SVSU or Ashland were to add the playoff weeks to their own football schedule, those would be on the GLIAC schedule page, as well, with those school's logos next to them.

So I think you might just be thinking of it backwards. The GLIAC does not enter school's schedules in to their website. Each school enters its own schedule in to their own website, and the GLIAC website is already connected to those schedules, so it pulls the information from each school.

Edit: You'll see more of this in basketball season and baseball/softball season, where they'll include the GLIAC tournaments and NCAA tournament rounds all as TBD's. If you look here at the men's schedule: https://gliac.org/sports/mbkb/2019-20/schedule SVSU and LSSU have the GLIAC tournament rounds input on their schedules, and SVSU has all the NCAA tournament rounds on their schedule, just as placeholders. Doesn't look like any women's teams have done this, though. It is just a matter of preference. Some schools include those postseason rounds just in case, so people can plan for time off if needed, or just to get the dates out there. GV use to have the football playoff rounds in just as Ferris does, in an effort, I assume, to make the public aware of the dates to try and give a lot of notice for potential playoff home games to boost attendance.
          Last edited by KleShreen; 09-09-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Kle, I figured as much. Doesn't make it right. The GLIAC owns the sites, not the schools. It's no big deal and I find it a bit laughable.
            And FWIW GV DOES have the PO rounds listed on the GV website.

Comment

Kle, I figured as much. Doesn't make it right. The GLIAC owns the sites, not the schools. It's no big deal and I find it a bit laughable.
              And FWIW GV DOES have the PO rounds listed on the GV website.
              Yea, they have them listed, but chose not to put them on the GLIAC website during manual entry. They aren't a presto site, so GV had to manually input their schedule and just didn't put those in.

The GLIAC doesn't own the school websites. The schools own their own websites and negotiate their own website contracts, although with a discount for using presto since the GLIAC website uses presto. They operate as they see fit, and the GLIAC website just pulls schedules from them automatically.

Comment

BTW, I have no misunderstanding. I go to the GLIAC schedule page and look to see who is playing who. I see Ferris listed as having playoff games all the way through Texas. Other GLIAC schools also have placeholders for the PO's (GV sure does). If the Conf wants to blame its member schools for not posting accurate schedules, OK, but then the GLIAC is also posting inaccurate schedules. If anything, it's the GLIAC that isn't understanding what it is allowing to be posted and how member schools entries are populated. So I'm supposed to understand that the GLIAC takes members' schedules and figure out postseason participants? Uh, ok, sure. Again, I find it a bit laughable and actually happy to see that it's Xerris's logo there (since I'm a bit superstitious.)

Comment

The conference also has the ability to narrow up its window and not show those postseason dates just yet...not sure they know that though...

Comment

BTW, I have no misunderstanding. I go to the GLIAC schedule page and look to see who is playing who. I see Ferris listed as having playoff games all the way through Texas. Other GLIAC schools also have placeholders for the PO's (GV sure does). If the Conf wants to blame its member schools for not posting accurate schedules, OK, but then the GLIAC is also posting inaccurate schedules. If anything, it's the GLIAC that isn't understanding what it is allowing to be posted and how member schools entries are populated. So I'm supposed to understand that the GLIAC takes members' schedules and figure out postseason participants? Uh, ok, sure. Again, I find it a bit laughable and actually happy to see that it's Xerris's logo there (since I'm a bit superstitious.)
                    It is Ferris' logo because it is from Ferris' website's schedule. No other GLIAC school besides GV has the playoff dates on its schedule. And GV is not a presto website that is automatically connected to the GLIAC website. GV chose not to include those games on the GLIAC website when manually putting the schedule in, which is required by them since they don't have an automatically-connected presto site. Northern Michigan can go and put the playoff dates on their website right now if they wanted, and they would automatically show up on the GLIAC schedule page with Northern's logo next to them. It doesn't impact anything to have these things on the schedule. Just most schools choose not to advertise it on their schedule until they are certain to be participating in them. I don't understand what your bolded part means, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McElwain View Post
                      The conference also has the ability to narrow up its window and not show those postseason dates just yet...not sure they know that though...
                      Probably not. The GLIAC isn't innocent for having it be possible, but they're also not the reason why it is there. Ferris is the reason it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I don't understand what your bolded part means, though?
                        You Posted : " I think this is just a misunderstanding of how the conference website works."

So I took that to mean that I am misunderstanding how the conf website works. No one needs to understand how it works. I look at a schedule and I see it. It's the conf's web page. They are responsible for every page... not the member institution. And readers don't need to know how the dates get populated.

And I get that you are trying to explain why it is what it is. But I really don't care about the why it is that way.. I just felt it was curious that one school was listed being in the PO. I don't get why you are defending the Conf's presentation. It's wrong and should be corrected. But honestly I hope it stays just as it is to spread some appropriate juju to a particular team. ;-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X