X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Valley Loses Quarterback But Rallies to beat Delta State

https://www.d2football.com/grand-val...t-delta-state/

Does anyone know how long he's out?

Good rally from the boys. Hopefully Kotopka won't miss a lot of time, and hopefully our qb situation gets a little better about throwing picks every 3 plays.

Comment

Nothing public about how low Cole may be out for. Not sure team even knows. It could be interesting if a battle develops atQB when he can return. I think experience had a lot to do with him getting the starting nod.. and the leadership that he had with him being at GV longer. But every week of play could bite into that advantage. And yes, I think historically the more senior player gets a nod at GV at times. FWIW, it should be interesting with who takes snaps vs. Ashland in a few weeks.

Comment

I only saw the end of the game but it looked like the backup qb ran some option pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          I only saw the end of the game but it looked like the backup qb ran some option pretty well.
          He did. It looked totally natural to him, as if he had been running this system for years. Who knows, maybe he did run a similar system at Glen Lake High. He did consistently hit the upper hundreds in rush yards in the 3 years he was a starter. I missed the pick six he had, so I can't speak to how that pass ended up with that outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

He did. It looked totally natural to him, as if he had been running this system for years. Who knows, maybe he did run a similar system at Glen Lake High. He did consistently hit the upper hundreds in rush yards in the 3 years he was a starter. I missed the pick six he had, so I can't speak to how that pass ended up with that outcome.
            He didn't throw a pick six. That is a mistake in the article. Cole threw the pick six. Cade threw an INT on his very first pass, right in to the DB's chest, but it wasn't a pick six. It was a bad read and the DB ran the route that it looked like Cade was expecting the WR to run.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

He didn't throw a pick six. That is a mistake in the article. Cole threw the pick six. Cade threw an INT on his very first pass, right in to the DB's chest, but it wasn't a pick six. It was a bad read and the DB ran the route that it looked like Cade was expecting the WR to run.
              The GR Press writer Pete is a hack at best...all he cares about now is Ferris...

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Now that I think about it, I did see a response to the article correcting a number of mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

The GR Press writer Pete is a hack at best...all he cares about now is Ferris...
                  Odd, considering Ferris is located in a town that is not even remotely in the Grand Rapids Metro Area. For the Grand Rapids media to lay claim to a Big Rapids team would be like Detroit media laying claim to Saginaw Valley and Northwood.

Comment

Odd, considering Ferris is located in a town that is not even remotely in the Grand Rapids Metro Area. For the Grand Rapids media to lay claim to a Big Rapids team would be like Detroit media laying claim to Saginaw Valley and Northwood.
                    Maybe he went to Junior High @ Ferris ;)

Comment

Now now boys. Be nice. His job is to cover the better teams on the west side of the state...Maybe if you pull off the upset against Davenport again you'll get a little more pub' : )

On a different note, it was nice to see GV with a more creative offense...some option, short passes. Almost spit out my bourbon when I seen them run the mesh route...almost.
                      Last edited by DawgUp; 09-18-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Any update on Kotopka's condition?

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                          Any update on Kotopka's condition?
                          No, but the GVSU game notes posted on the website for this week have Cade and Barko as the #1 and #2 QB's, so it looks like Cole is out at least this week.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                            Now now boys. Be nice. His job is to cover the better teams on the west side of the state...Maybe if you pull off the upset against Davenport again you'll get a little more pub' : )

On a different note, it was nice to see GV with a more creative offense...some option, short passes. Almost spit out my bourbon when I seen them run the mesh route...almost.
                            Was gonna say... wouldn't be like a Ferris grad to waste alcohol. Now granted, when a Ferris alum says bourbon, we assume you mean Jim Beam, and spitting that out might actually be preferred.

Comment

Ferris is an odd animal. It is in the Traverse City-Cadillac TV market, but of the two duopolies in the market, one (CBS/FOX and based in Cadillac) covers it very well and the other (NBC/ABC based in Traverse City) barely acknowledges its existence. The Grand Rapids stations give Ferris as much coverage as GVSU, despite only one commercial Grand Rapids station (the ABC affiliate, whose tower is 30-40 miles closer to FSU's campus than the other GR stations) being on the cable system.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X