Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    You must be having a tough time landing on your feet or finding a job based on some of your writings, what did you major in at GVSU anyway? And for the record people are leaving coaching jobs at a record rate so there should be PLENTY of openings...I mean anyone can live on the 14-16 K salary that a lot of these guys start at anyway, who needs to eat or have health insurance? Much overrated!
    lol I have no issues landing on my feet. I'm doing just fine. Even while having to buy my own health insurance! Crazy! I was in a much lower-paying job previously, and I made a choice to not do that anymore. But I knew when I got in to that job that it would be low-paying and highly-competitive. So I changed that. If an idiot like me can figure it out, anyone can.

It seems as if you are confusing me with a couple other people in the thread who want us to empty out our pocket change for the poor football coach who chose to be a football coach. Gotta help those poor guys land on their feet! Someone get their name on a Christmas Tree so they receive gifts from strangers and their kids can have something to open on Christmas Day.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 11-20-2018, 09:43 AM.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      I doubt there's many head coaches in D-II who don't make six figures.
      So six figures is an "insane amount of money"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
        If your program is crap, then someone should be FIRED. I don't care if you are a little league coach working for free. These kids come to college to be winners, how would you feel playing for a coach that's horrible, don't want to change his ways, don't want to be held accountable, but we are keeping him because his kids will have to move or have to find another job. If you SUCK, then YOU made the bed you are in.
        I nearly fired my DD2 FFL head coach this year. But then I looked at the tough losses, and the fact that he did lead my team to a win of the regular season and playoff champion, so he gets another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
          So six figures is an "insane amount of money"?
          A 100k/year salary puts you in the 88th percentile for all earners in the United States. And this is a game. So yes.

Comment

A 100k/year salary puts you in the 88th percentile for all earners in the United States. And this is a game. So yes.
            If you are in the 88 percentile on the ACT, you cannot get into GV. So there is that.

100k/year may be insane in some parts of the country, but not others. I do not think it is insane. It might be for some snot nosed kid coming out of college, but to a person that has been in an profession for 30+ years, it probably isn't. There are a lot of factors in my mind.

Comment

If you are in the 88 percentile on the ACT, you cannot get into GV. So there is that.

100k/year may be insane in some parts of the country, but not others. I do not think it is insane. It might be for some snot nosed kid coming out of college, but to a person that has been in an profession for 30+ years, it probably isn't. There are a lot of factors in my mind.
              88th percentile in the ACT is a score of 28. The median ACT score admitted to GV is 24, which is 74th percentile.

100k/year puts you in the top ~10% of earners in the country. That's an insane amount of money. Backed up by that statistic. You can "think" 100k isn't an insane amount of money, but the statistics say it is, no matter what you believe. If you think it is not an insane amount of money, then you're out of touch with the vast majority of the country.

(I got a 28 on my ACT, so I should be making 100k! :laugh: )
              Last edited by KleShreen; 11-20-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

88th percentile in the ACT is a score of 28. The median ACT score admitted to GV is 24, which is 74th percentile.

100k/year puts you in the top ~10% of earners in the country. That's an insane amount of money. Backed up by that statistic. You can "think" 100k isn't an insane amount of money, but the statistics say it is, no matter what you believe. If you think it is not an insane amount of money, then you're out of touch with the vast majority of the country.

Well at least you have all day off to play on the message board so you must be doing right and a 28 is a nice score, what did you major in at GVSU? At Ferris I understand that a 28 gets you into Honors college in turf management, greens sand raking and compliance.

Comment

Can you show me where that statistic is detailed?

You think it is insane. That doesn't mean it is.

I hope you get a job that makes 100k.

Comment

Can you show me where that statistic is detailed?

You think it is insane. That doesn't mean it is.

I hope you get a job that makes 100k.
                    Check at Bernie for America.com I bet those stats are on there:wink: Actual stats have no place on here anyway...you of all people should know that. ( Hows are loan coming for the new Gulfstream? )

Comment

I guess it depends on one's definition of insane. When talking about salary, I would use a different adjective.

Comment

Why do all the posts have such an either/or description?

You can have compassion while maintaining accountability... Tim Selgo actually did write the book on this?

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                          Why do all the posts have such an either/or description?

You can have compassion while maintaining accountability... Tim Selgo actually did write the book on this?
                          The book is called Anchor UP and its on Amazon, check his name as author...its more a book about the GV and leadership..I liked it but then Tim is a personal friend of mine so I might be biased but if you are into D2 I think you would enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                            I guess it depends on one's definition of insane. When talking about salary, I would use a different adjective.
                            Insane? Like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane while you carry a loaded weapon? Just as an example..Captain!

Comment

http://graphics.wsj.com/what-percent/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lifetime.html

Couple of different answers here.

Comment

I found more that said 20% though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X