Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JAYRU !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
    8-2 isn't your season record...it'll be Ferris' (TA) record against GV after we win. Maybe you guys need to make Davenport your big rivalry. You only won by 5 last year. You can play for the first Sunday copy of the GR Press.
    Ferris will own GV as long as MM is at GV and TA is at Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      What are you even talking about? Are you sober right now?
      I probably wasn't....my bad yo.

Comment

Although I think our guy is better, I can see why Jayru was chosen. We had him dead to rights on a half dozen plays where he ended up gaining 6 - 8 yards. Without Jayru Ferris would not have been able to keep up, he didn't pass well but he kept em in the game.

Comment

The NC game announcers at one point said Jayru was more of a traditional pocket QB. I got a kick out of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
            Only 113 of the 166 SIDs voted. That is part of why the system is broken.
            68% is larger than any national election in this country in the past 100 years!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                The NC game announcers at one point said Jayru was more of a traditional pocket QB. I got a kick out of that.
                Lol that was hilarious.. You'd think with a week to prepare, the announcers would at least have done some real homework. Might as well let a local broadcast team or combine each team's broadcast teams. At least the viewer would be informed..

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                  Ferris will own GV as long as MM is at GV and TA is at Ferris.
                  I don't think so. Communicating with someone very knowledgeable with the program, you
                  will see some really good things come out of the athletic department. G.V. will be back
                  in BIG way. Go Lakers!!!
                  <>

Comment

The easiest way to compare stats would be to use the common opponents, in this case Valdosta State, to remove the difficulties of comparing conference and regional strengths. Here are the numbers:

Amir Hall - Passing: 20/36/1 for 287 yards 2TD Rushing: -31 yards
                    Rogan Wells* - Passing: 12/20 for 164 yards 2TD Rushing: 64 yards 1 TD
                    Final Score - VSU 66 - BSU 16

Jayru Campbell - Passing: 10/18/1 for 99 yards 1TD Rushing: 122 yards 1TD
                    Rogan Wells** - Passing: 19/31 for 349 yards 5TD Rushing: 39 yards Receiving: 1/1 for 25 yards 1TD
                    Final Score - VSU 49 - FSU 47

*did not play 4th quarter. Wells only played 2 complete games all season (Semi-Final and Championship)
                    **took 3 knees in shotgun to end game at approx. -9yards each. Remove these and Rushing stat should be closer to 65 yards.

Had the voting been held after the Championship game, I believe Wells would have won. However, based on the timing of the vote, I think the selection of Jayru Campbell with Wells as runner-up was a defendable position.
                    Last edited by crashandannie; 12-17-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
                      The easiest way to compare stats would be to use the common opponents, in this case Valdosta State, to remove the difficulties of comparing conference and regional strengths. Here are the numbers:

Rogan Wells** - Passing: 19/31 for 349 yards 5TD Rushing: 39 yards Receiving: 1/1 for 25 yards 1TD

*did not play 4th quarter. Wells only played 2 complete games all season (Semi-Final and Championship)
                      **took 3 knees in shotgun to end game at approx. -9yards each. Remove these and Rushing stat should be closer to 65 yards.

Had the voting been held after the Championship game, I believe Wells would have won. However, based on the timing of the vote, I think the selection of Jayru Campbell with Wells as runner-up was a defendable position.
                      Six and five yards, according to the box score, but those are credited to the team rather than the individual, so don't affect Wells' rushing stats.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        Six and five yards, according to the box score, but those are credited to the team rather than the individual, so don't affect Wells' rushing stats.
                        Not what I was told, but I have no other reason to doubt your information.

Still, 413 total yards and 6 TDs vs 221 total yards and 2 TDs...

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

Kneeldowns go under team rushing. Not assigned to any player.

Source: I'm a football statistician.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            Kneeldowns go under team rushing. Not assigned to any player.

Source: I'm a football statistician.
                            Good to hear from an expert. I was just repeating information from a conversation post-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                              I don't think so. Communicating with someone very knowledgeable with the program, you
                              will see some really good things come out of the athletic department. G.V. will be back
                              in BIG way. Go Lakers!!!
                              Been hearing that same crap EVERY year. Same crap different season bro.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                                Been hearing that same crap EVERY year. Same crap different season bro.
                                Think what is going to happen in June...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X