Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JAYRU !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Think what is going to happen in June...

You're absolutely right Mrs.T.M.
    <>

Comment

Think what is going to happen in June...
      You think Haas retiring is going to have an effect on anything? If you think that would mean any coaching changes, then that would be a disaster. Is the football center supposed to be finished by then? Because I don't see how that is going to have any kind of substantial effect on anything for 2019.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        You think Haas retiring is going to have an effect on anything?
        I don't think this is related.

Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-17-2018, 09:07 PM.
        <>

Comment

You think Haas retiring is going to have an effect on anything? If you think that would mean any coaching changes, then that would be a disaster. Is the football center supposed to be finished by then? Because I don't see how that is going to have any kind of substantial effect on anything for 2019.
          Has ZERO to do with coaching staff...they are fine...but give them some MUCH needed tools!

Comment

Has ZERO to do with coaching staff...they are fine...but give them some MUCH needed tools!
            So the football center? I guess I just don't see how that would have a substantial impact on anything. At this point, GV is kind of behind on having one compared to most of the national powers, so we are just playing catch-up as opposed to setting the pace.

Comment

The theory is that Haas leaving will lead to less Hillsdale-like academic demands coming from the top office when it comes to the kind of players we bring in. That, of course, would depend entirely on who his replacement is. It would be difficult to find someone that would demand more academically, but that doesn't mean we couldn't see similar demands from the new Pres.

Comment

At this point, GV is kind of behind on having one compared to most of the national powers, so we are just playing catch-up as opposed to setting the pace.
                Exactly. G.V.'s exceptional grade requirements, make it difficult to recruit good players (and retain the oenes they have), with average grades.
                IF VSU had these GPA requirements , I doubt they could field 25 players. Just saying.
                <>

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                  The theory is that Haas leaving will lead to less Hillsdale-like academic demands coming from the top office when it comes to the kind of players we bring in. That, of course, would depend entirely on who his replacement is. It would be difficult to find someone that would demand more academically, but that doesn't mean we couldn't see similar demands from the new Pres.
                  Haas was a college coach himself. And I don't see the school putting its academic profile at risk for one athletics team to maybe be better, when the athletics program is still winning Director's Cups without football at the top. I mean the reason the football center is getting built right now is because Haas wanted to be around to see it happen. So I find it hard to believe they'll get a president who would be even more friendly than Haas in that arena.

I know next to nothing about the process of getting recruits in to the school. But I know that you can always request exceptions for supremely-talented recruits who aren't up to snuff academically. I would find it hard to believe that those types weren't getting in whenever they were requested. I would be shocked if anyone was getting turned away because they were eligible via the NCAA Clearinghouse but not eligible by GV standards.

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
                    The easiest way to compare stats would be to use the common opponents, in this case Valdosta State, to remove the difficulties of comparing conference and regional strengths. Here are the numbers:

Amir Hall - Passing: 20/36/1 for 287 yards 2TD Rushing: -31 yards
                    Rogan Wells* - Passing: 12/20 for 164 yards 2TD Rushing: 64 yards 1 TD
                    Final Score - VSU 66 - BSU 16

Jayru Campbell - Passing: 10/18/1 for 99 yards 1TD Rushing: 122 yards 1TD
                    Rogan Wells** - Passing: 19/31 for 349 yards 5TD Rushing: 39 yards Receiving: 1/1 for 25 yards 1TD
                    Final Score - VSU 49 - FSU 47

*did not play 4th quarter. Wells only played 2 complete games all season (Semi-Final and Championship)
                    **took 3 knees in shotgun to end game at approx. -9yards each. Remove these and Rushing stat should be closer to 65 yards.

Had the voting been held after the Championship game, I believe Wells would have won. However, based on the timing of the vote, I think the selection of Jayru Campbell with Wells as runner-up was a defendable position.

Comment

So the football center? I guess I just don't see how that would have a substantial impact on anything. At this point, GV is kind of behind on having one compared to most of the national powers, so we are just playing catch-up as opposed to setting the pace.
                      Kids love bling and cool surroundings...the new football center is going to be amazing. I have to think that having the best off field and on field game day, along with the indoor facility has to get a recruits attention. Add in a great education and putting players in the NFL on a consistent basis and see what happens.

Comment

The problem with HH voting is it's done before several important playoff games and votes get split. We can look back through the years and there is a lot of times it's name recognition vs who should of won it.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                          The problem with HH voting is it's done before several important playoff games and votes get split. We can look back through the years and there is a lot of times it's name recognition vs who should of won it.
                          How Cullen Finnerty never won this award has always baffled me...but...I agree it would be good to wait this after the season is over now that they don't hand it out until January anyway..

Comment

Kids love bling and cool surroundings...the new football center is going to be amazing. I have to think that having the best off field and on field game day, along with the indoor facility has to get a recruits attention. Add in a great education and putting players in the NFL on a consistent basis and see what happens.
                            Totally agree with this..the new building will be a huge asset to GVSU. The locker room was in need of an over haul to bring it up to par with other programs.

Comment

I know next to nothing about the process of getting recruits in to the school. But I know that you can always request exceptions for supremely-talented recruits who aren't up to snuff academically. I would find it hard to believe that those types weren't getting in whenever they were requested. I would be shocked if anyone was getting turned away because they were eligible via the NCAA Clearinghouse but not eligible by GV standards.
                              Be shocked then. There is wiggle room, but not much.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X