Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JAYRU !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    How Cullen Finnerty never won this award has always baffled me...but...I agree it would be good to wait this after the season is over now that they don't hand it out until January anyway..
    Anes should have won in 2001 but a lot of the southerners voted Bonner 1 and left the rest of the ballot empty

Comment

Coaches make football players, not buildings
      But I suppose you could argue that buildings bring the kids to the coaches in the first place
      GV used to let up to 3 in with lower than normal standards as long as they met NCAA minimums

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
        Coaches make football players, not buildings
        But I suppose you could argue that buildings bring the kids to the coaches in the first place
        GV used to let up to 3 in with lower than normal standards as long as they met NCAA minimums
        If facilities was all it took to get the best athletes, we would be winning the GLIAC every year and playing the MIAA in the regional championship every year. Ferris has some of the worst facilities in the country in a backwoods village nowhere near civilization, yet they continue to dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
          Anes should have won in 2001 but a lot of the southerners voted Bonner 1 and left the rest of the ballot empty
          I agree with you. Bonner was very good, but I think Anes was a notch better.
          In our quarter game with Catawba, he threw at least 4 int. and maybe more.
          Instead of Hatcher pulling him out, he kept playing him, and we kept losing.
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
            If facilities was all it took to get the best athletes, we would be winning the GLIAC every year and playing the MIAA in the regional championship every year. Ferris has some of the worst facilities in the country in a backwoods village nowhere near civilization, yet they continue to dominate.
            That's more coaching than anything else.

Comment

I love how this thread started out about that kid from Xerris winning an award and it got totally hijacked and is about Grand Valley football now, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                That's more coaching than anything else.
                Exactly. While I'm no fan of him as a person, TA is a superior coach. He alone turned a podunk school with an average football program into a championship contender on a yearly basis. God knows he didn't do it because of superior funding, facilities, campus quality, etc. He coached the players into being contenders. GVSU already is at the top of the list when it comes to all of those things in the conference and most of the region, yet we continue to lose to Ferris and any top level program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X