Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    Wayne State- Could be the league sleeper. But I'm a bit suspect of coaching staff.
    Admittedly, my initial reaction was "How can you be suspect of the coaching staff? We pulled out a second place finish last year." Then I had to unblock the bad memories... And yeah, history is not on this staff's side. This will be a follow-up on a post I made in 2018 about Wayne State's GLIAC record.

With the departure of Ashland, Wayne State is now 94-135-1 (.410) all time against current GLIAC teams. In the Paul Winters era, 2004 to present, WSU is 29-51 (.362). If you take Northwood out of the equation, that brings the stats to 74-115-1 (.391) all time and 21-44 (.323) with Paul. For comparison, Paul's official GLIAC record is 77-79 (.494).

Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post

Admittedly, my initial reaction was "How can you be suspect of the coaching staff? We pulled out a second place finish last year." Then I had to unblock the bad memories... And yeah, history is not on this staff's side. This will be a follow-up on a post I made in 2018 about Wayne State's GLIAC record.

With the departure of Ashland, Wayne State is now 94-135-1 (.410) all time against current GLIAC teams. In the Paul Winters era, 2004 to present, WSU is 29-51 (.362). If you take Northwood out of the equation, that brings the stats to 74-115-1 (.391) all time and 21-44 (.323) with Paul. For comparison, Paul's official GLIAC record is 77-79 (.494).

Yikes.
      You lost your best coach in Scott Wooster to GVSU...Great coach and a great guy...thats a big loss for the staff.

Comment

Yeah, it took me a few double takes on Twitter to realize that happened. Needless to say, they kept it on the down low here in Detroit.

Comment

Yikes.
          Yes, Winters has parlayed basically 2 successful seasons in 2010 and 2011(with a nat'l championship appearance) into a long career. If memory serves me correctly GVSU was not on the schedule in 2010 & 2011. As you pointed out his record against current GLIAC teams is abysmal. I was hoping Wooster would take over the program if Winters stepped down or retired but I guess that isn't meant to be

Comment

Despite what I've stated previously, I still want Paul to keep the gig, and 2019 probably bought him the time anyway. For all Rob Fournier has done for the department in the past 20 years (IMO they should name the arena Fournier Fieldhouse), he's the last one I want making a coaching hire nowadays.

Comment

Coach's Poll is out:

1. Ferris St
              2. GVSU
              3. Wayne St
              4. SVSU
              5. Tech
              6. Davenport
              7. Northern MI
              8. Northwood

Comment

Coach's Poll is out:

1. Ferris St
                2. GVSU
                3. Wayne St
                4. SVSU
                5. Tech
                6. Davenport
                7. Northern MI
                8. Northwood
                I'm obviously biased when it comes to GVSU coming in first. (Ill probably always put them there lol) I think Wayne and SVSU get flipped because wayne lost their best coach BY FAR to a conference rival. After playing against Northwood and Northern, Northwood is by far the better coached team so I think Northern will have last place locked up for awhile until they get rid of the guy callin the shots up there.

Comment

Despite what I've stated previously, I still want Paul to keep the gig, and 2019 probably bought him the time anyway. For all Rob Fournier has done for the department in the past 20 years (IMO they should name the arena Fournier Fieldhouse), he's the last one I want making a coaching hire nowadays.
                  I respect Winters and think he's a good man. He inherited a tough situation when he hired in and has brought stability and respectability to the program.

Comment

Comment

Looks like Ashland's transformation to a GMAC-level football team is already complete in game one lol. 42-35 OT loss to Notre Dame.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

And the "GMAC Level" teams don't want to schedule GV. Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                          Is this a self-own? lol
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

54-14 loss by Findlay to Ferris. They could have stayed in the GLIAC and done that.

Comment

Half of the GMAC left the GLIAC to duck ferris and gv, so this tracks

Comment

With the addition of Northwood and Thomas More the GMAC will have 10 football playing schools. No problem filling the schedule so I'm happy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X